Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Default My princess dog is a brat

So... I took the dogs out for a walk today after I got off work. About a mile into the walk this lady on the trail was walking towards us. Since I have three dogs with me, I pulled the dogs off the trail so she could pass without having dogs all over her to say hello.

Cricket is fine with most everyone, but sometimes she'll see a stranger and react. Once they are closer to her she is fine, but from a distance she sometimes reacts with a low growl and a few short sharp barks at the person. She started growling and barking at this lady with her hackles all up and I apologized to the woman. She smiled and said it was no big deal and that Cricket is really cute.

After the woman had passed and we were back on the trail I noticed that Cricket was high step prancing with her head held high. She looked so unbelievably proud of her naughty self. What a little brat. She actually looked pleased with herself.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 10-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Top Dog

Thats really cute.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:33 AM
<--------Orson

Heh....I know the exact high step prance you are talking about! LOL My brat princess (Orson) does the same thing

And hey, I don't like everyone I meet in a day.......why should we expect our dogs to? As long as Orson stays within the behavior boundaries I ask of him, he can dislike who he chooses, LOL
Old 10-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Felurian

LOL! I can picture Cricket doing that. I know that thoroughbred prance Tallulah, although she's never bristled at anyone (she has given a few the whale-eye and shied off), but she's so good on walks that I'm constantly praising her -- and she's just so damned cute.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian