Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 09-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Active Pup

Angry Dog set on fire! How can someone do this

This is just shocking. How can people do something like this. I really hope Cody pulls through ok and that the perpertrator is caught and taught a lesson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19388993
Old 09-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Blackout

Nothing really phases me nowadays. But I certainly hope the arse behind this pays big time.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 09-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

They do it monthly, it seems, in Baltimore. A dog or a cat. I have no idea what is wrong with freaking Baltimore.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 09-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Active Pup

Default Teach kids to love animals.

Perhaps we should take a tip and get animals and animal care into the classrooms.

One of our Australian States - Victoria - has a program that introduces kindergarten kids to dogs and a friend - Kim - is one of the "speakers"

Kim has 3 Shetland Sheepdogs (Shelties) who are the "models" and work on different days.

Kids are taught how to approach dogs - what dog ownership entails - respect and care of a dogs etc.

Cuddles and pats are in order after the session.

It is hoped that this sort of early learning will help against animal cruelty and abuse.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Active Pup

Smile

Teaching kids from an early age in school is a great idea, what a wonderful thought.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Active Pup

Unhappy Sad To Say

Just to update everyone, Cody was put to sleep today as she was unable to recover from her injuries. But on the upside the Two youths responsible got caught and are facing charges.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:56 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I follow a site that has some of the worst reported cases, they attend court cases and protest injustices. BEcause of that site on FB I have seen and read things that make my skin crawl. The poor beasts and what are done to them, but justice is coming up and I do believe their efforts help. Punishments are becoming more than a slap on the wrist. 18 months seems way to little to me, but that seems to be about the going rate. EVen that is herald as improvement. Sometimes you can write emails or send letters. Keeping it level headed, it can't hurt to voice an opinion. Somehow the same amount of time for a cruelty case as say stealing 5000 dollars just doesn't seem enough to me. WE need much stiffer laws for cruelty to animals. THey deserve to get back what they are doing.

SO many of those animals on that site are reported to still wag tails, appriciate the care that is given to them, bless those people that chip in or do the hands on work it takes to take away their pain and help them learn what trust and love truly is, some for the first time.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white cat