Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 07-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Love my pets

Exclamation RECALL: Nature's Variety Prairie Beef Meal & Barley Medley Kibble for Dogs

http://www.naturesvariety.com/news/53

Nature's Variety News - July 12, 2012
Nature's Variety has issued a nationwide voluntary recall
on Prairie Beef Meal & Barley Medley Kibble for Dogs

Nature’s Variety has initiated a voluntary recall of its Prairie Beef Meal & Barley Medley Kibble for Dogs due to an off-odor smell that may develop over time. This product is not contaminated in any way, but some products are not remaining fresh for the shelf life of the product.
Reed Howlett, Nature’s Variety CEO, stated, “At Nature’s Variety, we make every effort to ensure that all of our products meet the highest quality standards. We’ve found that some bags of Prairie Beef Meal & Barley Medley Kibble for Dogs have an off-odor smell. To be sure that our consumers only receive the freshest and highest quality product possible, we have decided to voluntarily recall all Prairie Beef Meal & Barley Medley Kibble for Dogs from the marketplace.”
The products impacted are listed below:
• UPC# 7 69949 60420 4 – Prairie Beef Meal & Barley Medley Kibble for Dogs 5 lb
• UPC# 7 69949 60425 9 – Prairie Beef Meal & Barley Medley Kibble for Dogs 15 lb
• UPC# 7 69949 60430 3 – Prairie Beef Meal & Barley Medley Kibble for Dogs 30 lb
• UPC# 7 69949 60432 7 – Prairie Beef Meal & Barley Medley Kibble for Dogs 3 oz sample
No other Nature's Variety products are affected.
Consumers who have purchased one of the above products can obtain a full refund or exchange it for a different variety by either returning the product in its original packaging or bringing a proof of purchase back to their retailer.
Consumers with additional questions can call our Consumer Relations team at at 888.519.7387. Or, consumers can click here to email Nature's Variety directly.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Top Dog

That's odd, I wonder why it's spoiling.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 07-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

We got called about this this morning and it all met the dumpster.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
We got called about this this morning and it all met the dumpster.
Did they have an estimate on production? Is it going to be halted for a while? Or should we anticipate getting it back soon?

I only ask because I know I'm going to get questions from customers lol.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

They said as of right now they have no estimated date for it to be back on shelves because they trashed everything, they didn't even send out date codes, it ALL went

The signs they sent us to hang just recommended switching to another protein and mentioned that the formulas are designed to not need switching time.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:31 AM
orange iguanas.

I thought it was nice that they called the store to make sure we were aware of it, and made themselves open and available for any questions or whatnot.
Not that I had any.... I was probably the worst person to answer the phone for that call.

We don't really sell much of the beef anyway so I don't think it'll be too annoying to deal with, unless the people that feed the other formulas get paranoid.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 07-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I thought it was nice that they called the store to make sure we were aware of it, and made themselves open and available for any questions or whatnot.
Not that I had any.... I was probably the worst person to answer the phone for that call.

We don't really sell much of the beef anyway so I don't think it'll be too annoying to deal with, unless the people that feed the other formulas get paranoid.
That's awesome! Definitely makes me like NV as a company. I feel like most dog food companies could care less about something just smelling off and wouldn't even recall unless they were making dogs ill or dying.

Brit & Jackson

Old 07-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Nature's Variety and Primal both call every store that carries their products as soon as a recall is issued. I love it. Primal called at like 7pm at night, as soon as it was issued.

I'm guessing a lot more would as well, but they have to actually have a recall to find out

Old 07-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Nature's Variety and Primal both call every store that carries their products as soon as a recall is issued. I love it. Primal called at like 7pm at night, as soon as it was issued.

I'm guessing a lot more would as well, but they have to actually have a recall to find out
Primal hasn't had a recent recall, have they? Do you remember what the issue was?
Old 07-15-2012, 01:05 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

question... i feed the venison/millet formula & i dont have the bag anymore (i put it in a keep fresh container) btu i havent noticed an off smell (still smells like good ole dog food) should i be worried? wonder what was the cause? it says one thier site & FB that there is no contamination persay, they are just being cautious. i think im going to stay with them, i like the way this was handled