Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-29-2012, 10:23 PM
Top Dog

Default Asics Shoes!

I'm pretty positive I'm getting these:

I'm SOOO excited. I need good work-out shoes. These will mainly be used for walking and working out. I also like the color - it's cool enough but not TOO crazy for me haha.

Think these are a good choice? Or is there something better? I've never had Asics before, so pretty excited. I went and tried them on the store today but they cost $160 so I'm getting them online for $85.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I have Asics shoes. I bought them about 3 months ago... they are already way worn down. Like, to the point of there being holes in the heels. I don't even do that much walking (and 2 weeks I was in Florida I didn't have them with me)

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I have Asics shoes. I bought them about 3 months ago... they are already way worn down. Like, to the point of there being holes in the heels. I don't even do that much walking (and 2 weeks I was in Florida I didn't have them with me)
Do you know which specific shoe this was?

Old 06-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Do you know which specific shoe this was?
Umm, Ella kinda stole them and put them somewhere XD I could check if I find them LOL

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-29-2012, 10:57 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I run in ASICS, have since I started running. My first pair took me through a year of agility in the mud and nasty then through my first 5K, up to when I started doing about 15 miles a week and it was too much for my old shoes who had already been destroyed doing all kinds of nasty agility. I got a new pair and they lasted me through my first half marathon, though with shin splints. When I started running again and got shin splints again, I went and got a different kind. No shin splints and a half marathon later. They still probably have a few hundred miles left on them, they're in really good shape still even though I started wearing them to the gym and abusing them there too.
Oh, and the pair that gave me shin splints, I still wear them for agility because they work fine for that purpose. They are starting to get worn out though so I'll have to replace them soon.

I just got a pair of Brooks shoes for my birthday that are more minimal. ASICS has a minimal-ish shoe and I really wanted to love them, but the Brooks just felt more comfortable. I haven't started running in them yet, just abused them in the gym, so I dunno how that will work out. If I can't run in them without having pain, it's back to ASICS for me. I'll get a new pair of what I have now and retire out my current pair to my new agility shoes. ;P

I did have a pair of ASICS that tore my foot to shreds and I returned them. Later on when I was getting another pair the guy at the store told me that particular pair I had that went horribly wrong has a very rough edge on the insole and he always recommends people have them grind their insole down and it won't rub the foot and rip blisters and worse apart. BUT I can't recall what model that was. It was a running shoe though, not a cross trainer, so it's probably not those.

FYI my first ASICS were Nimbus 10, then I went to Nimbus 12, now I'm in a Kayano 17. It MIGHT have been the Cumulus that ripped up my foot but I really can't remember.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 06-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I run in ASICS, have since I started running. My first pair took me through a year of agility in the mud and nasty then through my first 5K, up to when I started doing about 15 miles a week and it was too much for my old shoes who had already been destroyed doing all kinds of nasty agility. I got a new pair and they lasted me through my first half marathon, though with shin splints. When I started running again and got shin splints again, I went and got a different kind. No shin splints and a half marathon later. They still probably have a few hundred miles left on them, they're in really good shape still even though I started wearing them to the gym and abusing them there too.
Oh, and the pair that gave me shin splints, I still wear them for agility because they work fine for that purpose. They are starting to get worn out though so I'll have to replace them soon.

I just got a pair of Brooks shoes for my birthday that are more minimal. ASICS has a minimal-ish shoe and I really wanted to love them, but the Brooks just felt more comfortable. I haven't started running in them yet, just abused them in the gym, so I dunno how that will work out. If I can't run in them without having pain, it's back to ASICS for me. I'll get a new pair of what I have now and retire out my current pair to my new agility shoes. ;P

I did have a pair of ASICS that tore my foot to shreds and I returned them. Later on when I was getting another pair the guy at the store told me that particular pair I had that went horribly wrong has a very rough edge on the insole and he always recommends people have them grind their insole down and it won't rub the foot and rip blisters and worse apart. BUT I can't recall what model that was. It was a running shoe though, not a cross trainer, so it's probably not those.

FYI my first ASICS were Nimbus 10, then I went to Nimbus 12, now I'm in a Kayano 17. It MIGHT have been the Cumulus that ripped up my foot but I really can't remember.

Great review, thanks!

I did look into the Brooks but hopefully the ASICS will fit what I need. It sounds like they will... like I said I don't really do any running (at least not outdoors, lol). Only on work out machines

These were listed under running shoes: http://www.asicsamerica.com/footwear...-t273n-womens/ so hopefully they will be okay.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Wild At Heart

Those are cute!! Did they feel good on your feet? If so, then I'd definitely go for them.

I have two pair of Asics! I have the Gel Trail Attack 6 and the Gel Noosa Tri 7 - I love both of them so much. My faves are definitely the Noosa Tri 7 though <3 I've been running in them since I got them and they are SO awesome, especially since I live in such a humid climate.

Harleigh <3
Old 06-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Top Dog

My favorite shoes are needing to be replaced sometime in the near future! If you get these you'll need to report back I really like how they look!

Old 06-29-2012, 11:13 PM
Top Dog

I recently switched from Asics to Brooks and I will say that I have noticed way fewer injuries (I run between 30 and 50 miles per week) longterm. But as far as general workout shoes, I definitely had a soft spot for my Asics. And I love the colors of yours!!!

http://ejfoden.wix.com/efinkart
Old 06-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by houlahoops View Post
I recently switched from Asics to Brooks and I will say that I have noticed way fewer injuries (I run between 30 and 50 miles per week) longterm. But as far as general workout shoes, I definitely had a soft spot for my Asics. And I love the colors of yours!!!
I don't do a lot of running... so hopefully these work out for what I need (walks with the dog and working out - aka elliptical, treadmills, etc).