Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Top Dog

Default Let the story speak for itself......

Just a funny story....

Last night I took Brady to Jenny's (Jenny is the lab down the street he plays with for those of you who don't know) and Liz and I were going to walk them together. Well they did their usual wrestle in the front yard while we had them on their leashes trying to start the walk. Well the blue heeler from next door comes running over and then both of our big dogs see her and she stops dead in her tracks and takes off to her back yard. Well Jenny takes off after her and of course Brady follows. Pulling me through the wet grass. I have no grip whatsoever and I am sliding through the grass. Meanwhile Liz and Jenny have stopped and Brady runs right between them and I see I am going to trip over the leash. I can't stop. Liz sees and drops the leash. It was almost as if Brady and Jenny planned this b/c right then Jenny steps right in my way and I trip over this 90 pound dog and go flying through the air as Brady is STILL pulling me full force. I somehow was falling forward and land on my back (go figure) in a puddle of mud and I had to let go of the leash. Brady is chasing the bluee heeler, I am lying in mud laughing, Liz is curled in a ball on the ground laughing, and Jenny is scratching on the guys door and he lets her in thinking it is his dog, so Jenny is running around in his house. I wish someone could have taped it so I could see the craziness going on. So we just let them off their leashes and they ran around with this dog for like 40 minutes playing. The guy next door said she had been abused previously (he works at a vet's office and he saved her) and he was glad to see her being so social with us and our dogs, so it turned out good, even though I had to go through a lot of mud for it. We went on our walk after that. We had to spray the dogs down after our walk to let them go inside.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:38 PM
Top Dog

What an adventure for all! I was sitting here laughing so hard while I was reading your story that both of my dogs came in & sat here giving me the most strange look! Glad to hear no injuries resulted & the dogs had a great time! And thank you so much for brighting up what had been a really dull, dreary day! By the way, I was laughing with you, not at you!
Old 12-10-2004, 08:58 PM
Felurian

OMG! I have tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard! What's Brady going to do for an encore?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-11-2004, 07:20 AM
Love my pets

I just love it! Glad they all became friends, especially the rescue.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:14 PM
Top Dog

Imagine if my dog weighed 120 instead of 75 pounds? Who knows where I would have ended up!
Old 12-12-2004, 07:19 AM
Felurian

ROFLMAO! I can give you a really good idea of EXACTLY where you would have ended up! My two were playing the other day and got carried away with charging each other and wrestling in mid-air. They jumped up in the air, crashed together, landed, still wrestling and running and hit me full-tilt-boogie. An aggregate total of at least 260 pounds of dog - with momentum, thank you. Literally knocked me right out of my shoes! It was muddy. It was wet. It was cold. I was irritated and laughing at the same time.

Bimmer charged up and chewed them out and wouldn't let either one come near me. Talk about a couple of sad looking girls.

Of course, they looked at each other and took off again . . . little Monsters.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Top Dog

Renee- LOL! There is nothing "little" about your girls.....
Old 12-13-2004, 07:13 AM
Love my pets

Renee, your story brings back memories of when Max was about 90 lbs and knocked me backwards, luckily onto the dirt and not the cement patio. He was just standing 4 feet in front of me and leaped. I was in total shock. Now that Max is even heavier, I make sure where he is in the yard and stay close to the fence or walls so I won't go down again. Max is my first large breed dog, and I just fell in love with the Anatolians.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:14 AM
Felurian

Oh, they think (particularly 'little' Kharma) that they're delicate little flowers of femininity! All I can say is they are quite feminine - especially with their wiles -

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-13-2004, 07:25 AM
Felurian

Barb - you should see me brace myself when Shiva comes running toward me! 140+ pounds of pure exuberant affection that's much, much faster than other breeds of this size (I think it's the oversized rear-ends that give them the acceleration - necessary for hunting jaguar I'd guess!) . . . it really spikes the adrenal gland!

It's a good thing I'm 5'11" and spent all those years bodybuilding . . .

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian