Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Fran101's Avatar
Fran101 Fran101 is offline
Resident fainting goat
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 12,412
Default Thread battles with other members = dislike in general?

I argue A LOT on this forum. Blame it on the 20 year old hormones, the fast typing, the stubborn streak, the what-some-would-consider-but-not-really-over-use of gifs... but I feel like I bicker a lot with people lol on various issues.

but what I do find odd is that I get a lot of, "awww.. don't worry about what x, y, z, said..,x,y,z just hates you Fran"
which is of course people trying to I guess make me feel better about getting yelled at/fighting via the internet, which doesn't really upset me, but regardless lol the whole idea is odd to me because unless it's an EXTREME case, like I take personal offense or am PERSONALLY attacked by this person, I don't really transfer my anger/issues outside of the debate thread/threads in question to the forum or to the persons character.

Ok so I feel like I have to give an example here lol
Sorry to throw you down on the table Puck but you are my most recent (and let's just be honest here, most common lol thread bicker buddy) Puck and I find ourselves on the opposite ends on a lot of debates and..I don't hate him lol I think besides our garden variety of issues we DO NOT agree on, we agree on a few things .
We both like Disney world, we both think Hannah is cute and awesome, we both like hannah hands stuff (although I'm sure I probably enjoy them in a different way lol) and as part of our crazy chaz family, like that uncle at thanksgiving dinner who starts a political debate that does get everyone thinking but usually ends with him pulling his gun out and threatening to shoot it at the ceiling, or us on occasion (a very bad idea considering we live in a condo) I smile and offer congrats at his joys and feel sad at his sorrows, even if we fight.

and that's how I feel about MOST chaz members. Regardless of the fact that we fight and bicker, we agree on a few things and we are mostly part of this crazy family and push comes to shove, I'd lend a hand or a shoulder in times of trouble.
.. sooo.. in threads where various members and I aren't fighting, I don't carry any kind of distaste because we fought before.

I just thought it was really interesting hearing from others
So how do you deal with forum bicker buddies?
Do you carry it out of thread? or leave it in the thread in question?

P.S: Am I the only one that thinks there should be some kind of documentary on the inner relationships/workings of the typical forum family? lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-10-2012, 08:05 PM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,317
Default

I think too many people equate disagreement with hate. This forum actually brings out the very worst in me and I know that is the same for many others as well.
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Fran101's Avatar
Fran101 Fran101 is offline
Resident fainting goat
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 12,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I think too many people equate disagreement with hate. This forum actually brings out the very worst in me and I know that is the same for many others as well.
It really brings out my extremes personally.
I think it's because unlike IRL conversations, we don't really have small talk to kind of fluff relationships. We only bother responding when we really have something to say 99% of the time lol

So either it brings out my GAME FACE I AM READY TO FIGHT LET'S GO 100 PAGE POST or the most docile kind version of myself that really watches and can think about what she types before she posts it (unlike how my mouth works in life)

So you get the gist of my personality really. but nowhere near what it's like to just hang around me on the day to day lol mostly, I think I am actually quite pleasant and un-abrasive.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-10-2012, 08:22 PM
ACooper's Avatar
ACooper ACooper is offline
<--------Orson
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: IN
Posts: 27,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I think too many people equate disagreement with hate......snip....
I think something similar.......... I believe too many people (online and offline) think of good debates as arguing, and arguing must equal enemies.

I LOVE a good debate, and by good debate, I mean where I walk away more knowledgeable than when I started. Where, whether I agree with you or not, I've gained insight into why you think/feel the way you do.

And no, I don't think of a member with opposing opinions as my enemy or feel any anger towards them after the discussion. IMO, it's immaturity if you do. (not talking about personal attacks of course) If you can't handle discussing things and/or having opposing view points......stay out of it and save yourself the aggravation.
(sometimes that's exactly what I do, LOL)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-10-2012, 08:20 PM
jess2416's Avatar
jess2416 jess2416 is offline
Who woulda thought <3
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 22,558
Default

I never bicker..


*cough cough*

Honestly, though I think I have bickered and agreed with everyone on this forum at some point or another, the thing is just like family, we arent all going to agree on every single point, I know that when it comes to "men / women" topics, Im usually on the man's side and think that the woman is just being silly lol.

We can all agree to disagree till we are blue in the face, but beliefs are usually beliefs for a reason, and no one will change their beliefs just because a couple of posts..

I dont think disagreement equals hate MOST of the time, but there are times when words really do come across as hateful, maybe the person wasn't trying to be hateful, or maybe they are a closet hater, in the end, all you can do is speak your piece and move on..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-10-2012, 08:27 PM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess2416 View Post
I never bicker..


*cough cough*

Honestly, though I think I have bickered and agreed with everyone on this forum at some point or another, the thing is just like family, we arent all going to agree on every single point, I know that when it comes to "men / women" topics, Im usually on the man's side and think that the woman is just being silly lol.

We can all agree to disagree till we are blue in the face, but beliefs are usually beliefs for a reason, and no one will change their beliefs just because a couple of posts..

I dont think disagreement equals hate MOST of the time, but there are times when words really do come across as hateful, maybe the person wasn't trying to be hateful, or maybe they are a closet hater, in the end, all you can do is speak your piece and move on..
Look at you and i for example lol... Or maybe more specifically me TO you. I have said some terrible things to you in the past and today we can laugh at them and are still friends (or maybe I just made that up in my mind and you really hate me hahaha)

Jessie is another. Man we used to HATE each other but then we found common ground and became friends .

I think we really grow and change with each other here.
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-10-2012, 08:29 PM
jess2416's Avatar
jess2416 jess2416 is offline
Who woulda thought <3
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 22,558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Look at you and i for example lol... Or maybe more specifically me TO you. I have said some terrible things to you in the past and today we can laugh at them and are still friends (or maybe I just made that up in my mind and you really hate me hahaha)

Jessie is another. Man we used to HATE each other but then we found common ground and became friends .

I think we really grow and change with each other here.
LOL I remember, I said marriage was a stupid piece of paper, and you told me I was gonna end up an old lonely lady with no one
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-10-2012, 08:30 PM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess2416 View Post
LOL I remember, I said marriage was a stupid piece of paper, and you told me I was gonna end up an old lonely lady with no one
I remember all too well... STOP QUOTING ME lol
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-10-2012, 08:33 PM
jess2416's Avatar
jess2416 jess2416 is offline
Who woulda thought <3
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 22,558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I remember all too well... STOP QUOTING ME lol
NUH UH

The ONLY reason why I keep even saying anything about it, is because I look back at that and think, "she was right" and when I look at myself now, I see and even think like a different person, I do have my moods, but just think, if we didnt bicker, then we couldnt be having this "awwww moment" right now

so there...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Xandra's Avatar
Xandra Xandra is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,794
Default

Some people's stance on things or attitudes kinda put me off. But I don't think I dislike anyone here and... hmm can't remember who I've argued with recently but I don't think I ended up holding a grudge or anything.

I like most people
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site