Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Default Keep your fingers crossed

for good weather this weekend... Mr. Paytonmobile will get to take a crack at sheep if so. Perhaps even Little Miss Georgie.

I've been working on getting Payton to lie down immediately when I tell him to regardless if he's chasing Georgie or running after a ball or a tug is waving in his face. So far he can defeat the distraction of toys but chasing Georgie is too much at the moment. I'm afraid it's going to be very very similar to Auggie's first go with sheep where he's going to have WAY too much power and be too intense, and will probably try to head them like nobody's business. BOTH boys really need to learn a solid "stop" command. Guess I know what to drill this week.

I can't even begin to predict Georgie's response. She's so tiny it sort of terrifies me actually.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Top Dog

Good luck!! I've contacted a few herding trainers here to see about getting Zuma and future puppy involved. Let me know how it goes! Bonus for any videos.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Blue_Dog

Good luck! Our fingers and paws are crossed. I'm sure they'll have fun, even if some extra work needs to be done.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Let it be

Good luck and have fun. Weather, behave yourself.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Water Junkie

First time, they aren't supposed to have everything -er, anything- down. Just let the natural ability shine. Please post pictures!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 04-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
First time, they aren't supposed to have everything -er, anything- down. Just let the natural ability shine. Please post pictures!
I know, and I know it would be okay if he were a terrible monster and kept going to the head and stuff, but still, LOL. Self control is the biggest thing I've had to work on with him with EVERYTHING, so I keep having horrible images of him being a total wild man and trying to eat sheep in my head...

Hopefully my mom will go too since Georgie will be coming along (we're actually going so her breeder can take a look at how her ears are shaping up) so I am hoping we get some video! We were talking tonight about Georgie and none of us are sure what she'll do. She's not very serious so it's hard to imagine her with any kind of intensity... but she might surprise us. It's in her genes so we'll just have to see what happens.

I wanna drag the Auggie along too, but might not have time and might be too much for the sheep. He hasn't seen sheep since last summer...

The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Top Dog

Pictures would be awesome. Best of luck this week end. Hope it's nice weather!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Mainstreme Elitist

Please get pictures! I've been missing herding so much, I really need to get Cara back out. I'm sure Payton will have fun either way, and you never know Georgie might shock you.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 04-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Out we go!
SHEEP SHEEP SHEEP SHEEP SHEEP

The Sheltiechick Blog