Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-02-2012, 09:59 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Default Prayers Please

They are for Brians Dad.

He has a pretty bad case of "pulomary artery disease". He went in for surgery last week (wednesday I think) to see if they could put a stent into his artery in his leg. He has a lot of trouble with his legs. A lot of pain to the point where he can't walk for more than about 5 minutes at a time without having to stop and rest because the pain is too much.

When they got in there the artery was too clogged to even get a stent in there so they did what they could to try to improve blood flow. Eventually (probably in about a year) they are going to have to do a bypass surgery on the artery.

He also has a lot of other health issues too (Non hodgkins lymphoma and Lyme's disease for example)

Sunday night he flew out to North Carolina to help Brians sister with getting the house on the market. WHY he thought it was a good idea to fly so soon after that surgery we'll never know... other than stubbornness lol.

Now he is not feeling well. He was feeling terrible as soon as he got off the plane yesterday and has been feeling terrible ever since. He is going to the clinic soon.

Brians mom is flying out to NC today and will likely be renting a car and driving him back home rather than having him fly again.

So please if you could send up a couple of prayers for Brians dad and one for safe travels for Brians mom we would really appreciate it

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-02-2012, 10:11 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

OK he's already been to the clinic. They think there is something wrong with the stents (they aren't stents exactly but I don't know what exactly they are) that were put in before. so he's off to the VA hospital and I assume they will do an MRI or something to see whats going on.

Mom in law is at the airport waiting for her flight. She's going to keep us updated

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Felurian

Will he be going to the VA hospital in NC or waiting until he's back home?

*worries*

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-02-2012, 10:15 AM
<--------Orson

Prayers sent I hope they find out what the issue is asap and get it taken care of.

My aunt has had a stent put in and my mother has had a quadruple by pass. Nowadays it's a piece of cake..........long recovery time for the bypass, but as long as you follow orders, it'll be fine.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:19 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

he's going to the one in NC. he's on his way there right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
Prayers sent I hope they find out what the issue is asap and get it taken care of.

My aunt has had a stent put in and my mother has had a quadruple by pass. Nowadays it's a piece of cake..........long recovery time for the bypass, but as long as you follow orders, it'll be fine.
well this one is turning out to not be a piece of cake. he had the surgery on wednesday and now he's having problems. waiting to find out what those problems are and how they can be fixed.

also the bypass isn't for his heart... it will be for the artery in his leg but he likely won't have that for another year.

thanks for the prayers. it's going to be a few hours before we know anything more.

G.K. Chesterton

Old 04-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Silence! I ban you!

You got 'em
Old 04-02-2012, 10:22 AM
<--------Orson

Ah, yes my mom and aunt were both for the heart. They actually took some leg artery to put in my mom's heart if I remember right.

I do hope they get to the bottom of things right away!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:30 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
Ah, yes my mom and aunt were both for the heart. They actually took some leg artery to put in my mom's heart if I remember right.

I do hope they get to the bottom of things right away!
yeah I don't know the condition of his heart exactly but the hardening and issues seem to be localized to his legs and thats where this recent surgery was done. Whatever it was they put in (because they couldn't do a regular stent) was supposed to help improve circulation and he was directed to start walking at least 20 minutes everyday to help encourage blood flow.

They think the problem is with the stent like things they put in (I really wish I knew what they were called or what they were exactly lol). so maybe they just shifted and are blocking the way instead of increasing blood flow. I hope it's "just" that and they can be re-adjusted.

G.K. Chesterton

Old 04-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Super-Genius

Thanks all.

My old man is a stubborn one. He is rough on the outside but has a heart of gold. I know he was looking forward to this trip and did not want to miss it, his own well being does not matter.

So, prayers for his health but also prayers for the Spirit to move him to take better care of himeself. To know that we (my sister and I) are OK and doing well. That its OK for him to focus a little on himself now.
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:52 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
Thanks all.

My old man is a stubborn one. He is rough on the outside but has a heart of gold. I know he was looking forward to this trip and did not want to miss it, his own well being does not matter.

So, prayers for his health but also prayers for the Spirit to move him to take better care of himeself. To know that we (my sister and I) are OK and doing well. That its OK for him to focus a little on himself now.

this is all very true.

G.K. Chesterton