Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 03-21-2012, 10:36 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Default Vet love - I has it, does you?

I LOVE my vet.

My first visit with Keeva he was super cool about me doing some of my own vaccs, supportive of feeding raw, and fine with me keeping Keeva intact. The clinic takes uber detailed notes about your dog's lifestyle in order to provide the most customized care. You also have online access to all your pets records.

When I took my cat, they were equally awesome. Gus needed a urine sample drawn, and the techs tried to take him out of the room because I guess most owners are squeamish about seeing their cat stuck through the side, but the Dr. remembered me and said, "It's fine, Emily doesn't care." LOL

My roomie just brought her dog, and when she said, "Yeah, he actually lives with Keeva the corgi, if you can believe it!" he was like, "Oh I LOVE that dog! Has she had her first heat yet? How's her training coming?" I just love that he not only remembered us immediately but remember so much about her.

So, I has vet love. Do you? I know sometimes the dog community is hard on vets, about nutrition, vaccinations, altering, etc. So this is thread is here so we can talk about the vets we love and why!

GO!

Old 03-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Hell yes I do!

They are amazing. Super expensive, but I don't even care because they fully support raw feeding, and don't make me feel bad for owning a dog like Frodo

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:43 AM
<------RIP Superdog

I adore All of my vets!!!! Granted I work with them... All the clients think they are awesome too!!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Sport Model Pug

I like my vet clinic. They don't care that I feed raw, they see it obviously works. They don't even push vaccines on me either and they don't treat me like an idiot. They're all very nice there too and tell me all the time how wonderful Izzie is and how she is the fittest Pug ever.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 03-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Nope, I haven't found a vet I like or even love that hasn't moved away. Sucks. I keep to myself and only go to my clinic for things I cannot handle. It's a teaching clinic, so they're fresh out of school, newly educated, and inexpensive which I enjoy, but the bummer is when I find a good one they leave.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Top Dog

I love my vet. He's not quite as pro-limited vaccine as I'd like, but he does not push them on us and listens to my viewpoints. He recommends dogs be vaccinated every three years until they're seniors, and then to stop vaccinating, whereas I believe in as limited amount of vaccinating as possible. But he doesn't argue with me.

He doesn't care what we feed and has never pushed yucky food on us. He compliments my dogs condition and coats constantly and only once asked what we fed, but not because anything was wrong with my dogs. He was just curious. And he does believe in raw feeding too, which is nice. His viewpoints on how to feed raw are different than mine, but again, it's not a conflict.

He tells us like it is and sugarcoats nothing. He chats with us like we're friends, he remembers things we've told him about the dogs, etc. He doesn't over charge for anything. We've been going to him for almost my entire life. He's going to retire soon though and then I don't know what we'll do. I don't like stories I've heard of other popular vets here and I hate the way one of the supposed best clinics in the city treats my friends' Poms and my Grandpa's Chi the one time we took him there (they basically sent him home to die while telling us "these pills will work and he'll live a long life, don't worry"). So I'm hoping my vet puts off retirement for a couple more years at least, and I hope I'll be able to find a new vet who isn't insanely expensive and is open to listening to me about how I prefer to raise my dogs.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 03-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Resident fainting goat

I am ok with my vet.. at best.
He is friendly and for the most part, lets me do what I want.
He does push early s/n and vaccines on his other clients, but has learned to just leave me alone about it lol which is nice because I was sick of fighting with him.

So yea, no love.. but he is at least well trained lol

My dogs RARELY go to the vet regardless.
Once every 3 years for rabies.
and other than that.. nothing. They are quite healthy so they rarely see us..
Old 03-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Love My Mutt <3

I love my vet she has never said anything when we chose to keep Rosey intact (yah we've been with her a long time), she's understanding of my pet's issues (especially Renegade), and it's just obvious she really does care about how my pets are doing

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 03-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

I LOVE our vet. I request her personally for appointments. Hands down the kindest person I have ever pet in the "animal industry". She has known all the dogs since puppyhood. She will often give me deals on medicine, and let me treat the pack for stuff with only seeing one day. Often times we get some freebies, and office visits not charged (like when my cat a few years ago with dying of CHF she only charged us for her meds). She'll write me prescriptions to take somewhere cheaper. I actually feel bad sometimes using the cheaper vaccination clinic because we miss out seeing her (though dogs don't really need a checkup). LOL
Old 03-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
I LOVE our vet. I request her personally for appointments. Hands down the kindest person I have ever pet in the "animal industry". She has known all the dogs since puppyhood. She will often give me deals on medicine, and let me treat the pack for stuff with only seeing one day. Often times we get some freebies, and office visits not charged (like when my cat a few years ago with dying of CHF she only charged us for her meds). She'll write me prescriptions to take somewhere cheaper. I actually feel bad sometimes using the cheaper vaccination clinic because we miss out seeing her (though dogs don't really need a checkup). LOL

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13