Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Top Dog

Default Do You Still Like Your Dog's Name?

I seem to run into a lot of people at daycare who hate their dogs chosen name. A lot of people don't like how common the name has become (Gracie, Lola, etc), or they let the kids pick and the name is silly (Playdough, Brownie, Princess Fluffybutt), or they don't like the nickname associated with it.

Does anyone here feel like that? I love my dogs names and wouldn't change them. Though I do get a little tired of hearing "Gambit? Oh, like from X-men?"

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Top Dog

Lucy came to us named already, and I've always liked her name. It just fits her. I like that it's a popular name--I bond with other Lucy owners
Old 03-09-2012, 12:07 PM
orange iguanas.

I'm totally content with Juno. Because then we get to say "Juno what I'm sayin?" And she tilts her head like "no, please explain!" It's also her registered name. No, we're not weird.

I'm okay with Lucy because nothing else fits her... But I was never really excited about the name.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 03-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Top Dog

I like the Dobermans' names, but I don't love them. I didn't really name either of them, and there was another name I really wanted to call Ripley. Keira's is perfect for her though, and really the only name I can imagine her being. She was so hard to come up with something for. And Ripley as a name has grown on me and it suits him, but it's more boring than what I wanted to call him. I do like that I very, very rarely run into other dogs with their names, too. It's happened on occasion, but not often.

I love Dance's name. It's unique, it's short, and it suits her perfectly. Aside from the Doberman I stole her name from (with permission), I've never known or run into another dog called Dance. I found a couple online, though. It's definitely my most favourite name we've ever called a dog though. "Echo" and "Tango" are my two other favourite names among dogs we've named, but I like Dance's even more.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 03-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Sport Model Pug

Izzie (or rather Izzy) has become really popular so in that sense yes i wish i had named her something else, but Izzie suits her so i'm okay with it.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 03-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Blue_Dog

I've never liked Sam's name. No offense to other Sam's but it is just ridiculously common. We must meet a new Sam every month and the neighbourhood isn't that big. But my parents put their foot down (after I paid for Sam, most of his initial vet costs, his leash & collars and also most of his food for the first year with us) and said it was either Sam or Jasper. I did not want the associated with Twilight so I agreed to Sam. I still don't like his name though.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Agility freak!

I love Psyche's name and I think I always will. That said, I love Zoey's name because it's her name and fits her perfectly, but I wish it had been something more original. I often think I'd have like to name her Wimzie, because my brain relates her to that childhood show a lot, but it's too late now!

Doesn't that remind you of Zoey?

As for Crash... well, he came to me named Crash, but really, I love it. The only thing I'd like more would be Eros, just cause it goes with Psyche, and they're brother and sister and all, but still. Crash suits him. Eros would be too girly for him.

And with Simi, I love her name, but she hasn't had it long, lol.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 03-09-2012, 12:22 PM
<------RIP Superdog

I loved Riley's name even though it is Super common! He was just a Riley kind of guy. I liked using the short "Ry" often too. Plus Smiley Riley Was him!

I have a few names Im tossing around for the new puppy. There is one I really like, and I think it will last the test of time. Others I like, but I think would regret.
I Love my cats name though!! Reggie!
Old 03-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Animal Lover

No, my dog's name fits them. My cat, Angel however is the spawn of Satan and I don't like her name at all but it's what we named her when she was an "innocent" kitten.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

For those that don't like their dog's name... why not change it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoundgirl View Post
No, my dog's name fits them. My cat, Angel however is the spawn of Satan and I don't like her name at all but it's what we named her when she was an "innocent" kitten.
That's how our cat Angel got her name too!!