Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Kotah BEAR

Default Is this normal? *Long*

I feel a bit depressed. I know why I am, but it just doesn't makes sense to me as to why I am feeling like this.

Some back story:
I haven't taken my BC pill since Jan 14th cause I misjudged the refills I had left. Tj and I have had sex twice since then. He's been wearing condoms, I know for sure one time that he pulled out, the other time I am not so sure about. (He wore condoms both times.)

Anyways, I took a pregnancy test Friday night and it came back negative, so I've heard they are more accurate when you first pee in the morning so I took one Saturday morning, also came back negative.
Since then I have been depressed.
I had myself so worked up about being pregnant then I felt like my whole world crashed.

I know I am young. I know TJ is young. I know we haven't been together long (almost 8 months). So please don't bash me about that.

Tj and I talked about us having kids. As of right now, we want to be in a more stable home. After our lease is up here in May we plan to move into a larger place anyways. And honestly... that is one of our reasons as to why we don't need kids right now, we need a more stable home.

Even though we are young, he actually started saving for us to have kids as soon as we moved in together. Which, to me, seems to be the responsible thing because we never know what will happen.

I just don't like I feel like this.

Is it normal to feel this way after getting worked up about being pregnant then you found you aren't and just get upset?

Obviously this is towards you ladies.

Cookies if you read all of this.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Top Dog

I don't know what "normal" is. I do know that going on/off birth control can throw your hormones (and consequently emotions) out of whack pretty significantly.

It sounds like you've gotten caught up in thinking about the joys of having a family and lifetime with someone you love. Not being pregnant doesn't mean you aren't going to get those things though--and how much better will it be when you've got roots put down somewhere and have stable jobs and the ability to enjoy a child without worrying about the cost of pre school or braces or finding a place to live?

You were just talking about wanting to move to a new state and go back to school and work towards good jobs and such--all of which would be 10x more difficult with a young child.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I don't know what "normal" is. I do know that going on/off birth control can throw your hormones (and consequently emotions) out of whack pretty significantly.

It sounds like you've gotten caught up in thinking about the joys of having a family and lifetime with someone you love. Not being pregnant doesn't mean you aren't going to get those things though--and how much better will it be when you've got roots put down somewhere and have stable jobs and the ability to enjoy a child without worrying about the cost of pre school or braces or finding a place to live?

You were just talking about wanting to move to a new state and go back to school and work towards good jobs and such--all of which would be 10x more difficult with a young child.
Well this is the first time I have been off my birth control since I was 15, I think I skipped a pill once or twice since I been on it, but it was just one pill and I didn't have them in my purse and I unexpectedly stayed with someone for a night.

And due to some things, we won't be moving out of state. Which sucks, but its for the best.

You have great points. I know now is not an ideal time to have kids.
I just didn't know I would feel this way.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

I think it's entirely normal. Like Cali said, going on/off BC can throw your hormones out of whack significantly. Also, I think it's nomal to go from "oh sh!t" to dreaming up the perfect little family during a pregnancy "scare", especially if you want kids down the road.

Obviously, you can be great parents if you're unprepared. I will nowhere say that only kids from stable, financially well set up, homes are the happiest.... But when you're so young and still in a relatively fresh relationship.... Kids make a lot of things a lot harder. I would suggest you find a path for yourself first, with a job and school and such. Not because you couldn't be good parents, but for you!
Old 02-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Dafuq?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
^This. Is what I was going to say. I was an emotional basketcase for a long time due to 3 reasons: divorce, losing weight and getting off birth control. I learned along the way that there is sooo much stuff that we put into our bodies that can alter our moods, the pill being one of them.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 02-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Top Dog

I think it's normal for lots of women, especially with the hormones bouncing around. It's instinct to want to have a baby besides thinking consciously how cute they are and how much you want them. So, there's always the logic fighting the heart strings. And disappointment when you, underneath, kind of hoped for pregnancy. But you're right. It would be better to wait until things are more settled and you're really ready. Plus, if you just went off b.c....it's not good to get pregnant. I think you need to be clear of that stuff for 2 or 3 months and then it's safe to get pregnant. You're young and in time you will have the opportunity to have babies. And I bet you'll be glad that you didn't have one while you were not prepared really.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-05-2012, 11:01 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

The other day Mike and I were sitting on the couch and just out of the blue he said, "You know, I was thinking about it the other day, and I really don't want to be changing diapers anytime in the next few years." First thing my heart did was drop down to my stomach. And then I cursed at it and told it that it was being stupid.

I really have no desire to have kids until Mike is out of school and then out of the service. I especially don't want kids right now. We're not living together (yet), we're not financially stable, we're both still students, I am NOT ready to have a child of my own...and yet I still had a momentary heart drop when he said that, even though I agree with him 110% because I, too, don't want to be changing diapers anytime in the next few years.

So yes, I'd say it is perfectly normal.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Felurian

Sounds right to me, Dak.

I NEVER wanted to be pregnant and fought for years to get a tubal (why is it that docs just will not believe you aren't going to change your mind?) and when I finally got it and quit taking birth control there was this awful, irrational period of time that was thankfully short where some sort of evil biologically programmed script put me in a terrible funk.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sounds right to me, Dak.

I NEVER wanted to be pregnant and fought for years to get a tubal (why is it that docs just will not believe you aren't going to change your mind?) and when I finally got it and quit taking birth control there was this awful, irrational period of time that was thankfully short where some sort of evil biologically programmed script put me in a terrible funk.
Because they're dumb. I have medical reasons to benefit from a tubal ligation/partial hysterectomy, but I've seen several different doctors, and not a single one will even discuss it until I'm 30. So, instead, I get to inject myself with hormones on a regular basis - which is soooo much better.

*sorry for the threadjack*
Old 02-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaLilBitaLuck View Post
Because they're dumb. I have medical reasons to benefit from a tubal ligation/partial hysterectomy, but I've seen several different doctors, and not a single one will even discuss it until I'm 30. So, instead, I get to inject myself with hormones on a regular basis - which is soooo much better.

*sorry for the threadjack*
Its ok
Doctors can be stupid.

I think if I had to inject myself like that, I'd be raising some h3ll.