Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 11-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Default My darling Lucy [5/25/05 - 11/5/11]

To my wonderful little dog,

When I first saw you, it was as though a great big puzzle piece fell into place. It was love at first sight.
I was helpless under the power of your big sweet eyes and your curious expressions.

I waited for you. I wanted you since I was 6 years old. You were everything I'd hoped for and much, much more.

I loved watching you grow up. You went through a most awkward teenage phase and you never really came all the way out of it.
You were also the most destructive dog. Nothing was safe in your sight, for it would be chewed up or otherwise destroyed if I turned my back on you for a second. You were so much more than that, though. You were sweet, funny, charming, comforting, adorable, smart, an all around fabulous dog.

I can't even begin to say all the things you taught me. You were the happiest, most naturally cheerful being I've ever had the pleasure of encountering. You loved life, you loved everything. You taught me to appreciate all the small things. You taught me the importance of forgiving, of not sweating the small stuff.

You were the best cheerer-upper. One look at your silly face with it's silly expression could make anyone smile.

I remember when a friend showed up, and I was so happy to see him- but he ended up asking to see you because he was having a hard day and wanted to hold your wiggly little self.

Nothing is the same without you. Everything is wrong. It's so quiet.
I miss your silly little grin. I miss the way your lip always got caught on your underbite. I miss the sound of you prancing down the hallway- I can still remember and imagine the exact pattern of your little paws. I miss curling up with you at night time, waking up and pulling you closer to me before I could go back to sleep. I still wake up and feel for you, but you're not there. I miss the sound of you and Millie stomping around and playing- she won't play with anybody else. I miss how soft your ears were. I miss kissing the side of your head. I miss how expressive your eyebrows were. I miss how your little brown nose turned up. I miss how the skin between your ears wrinkled just a tiny bit when you put them up. I miss your head tilt. I miss our little patty cake game, where I'd beat my hands like a drum on the couch, and you'd do the same thing. I even miss having to pry you out of the litter box and the trash can, hearing a sound and running to see what you'd gotten into this time. I miss calling you Ms. McGillicuddy and saying, "Luuuuucyyyy, you're got some 'splainin' to do!"
Oh, Lucy, I miss you. My chest feels so terribly empty, like there's not even a heart there anymore. No words can express how much I want you back, so I won't even try.

My little girl, you were too young. I'm sorry I failed you, I'm sorry I couldn't protect you.
Wherever you are, I hope you're getting into a lot of mischief, with no one to disturb you from it. I hope with every fiber of my being I see you again.

Run free, my angel.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:43 PM
I'm All Ears

Oh no. I'm so sorry. My heart just sunk when I saw this.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Durp Dog

My heart is breaking for you, 6 years is just not enough time.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Resident fainting goat

I'm so sorry for your loss RIP
Old 11-11-2011, 12:44 AM
Felurian

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))) You know. Love you.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-11-2011, 02:43 AM
Are you dead yet?

((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))), Virginia.... Run free, Lucy.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:46 AM
Love My Mutt <3

OMG i'm so sorry (((((hugs))))))

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-11-2011, 03:37 AM
Sit! Good dog.

No no no
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-11-2011, 06:26 AM
Cloudcandy

I'm so so so sorry.
That brought tear's to my eye's,I can't even imagine what your going through.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:30 AM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

Oh no! I'm so sorry Virginia She was a beautiful, spunky little girl, and you gave her the best life she could have had. Run Free Baby Girl
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

Last edited by oakash; 11-11-2011 at 07:24 AM.