Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Forum News and Announcements

Old 11-10-2004, 12:27 PM
Corgi bum

Default Help!!!!!

Hey everyone,

Chloe's puppies will be five weeks old on Friday, and I'm starting to get a little worried, because I haven't gotten any concrete offers from anyone to buy them. I was really hoping to at least get enough money from selling them to pay off the BIG VET BILL that I have accumulated during Chloes pregnancy, c-section, vet checks etc.

I have advertised them in the Oregonian (the main paper in Portland), and on various internet classified ads. I'm going to dress them up in bows, put them in a big, cute basket that I have, and do a photo shoot, and distribute their pics. They are so cute that I'm sure no one will be able to resist.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Dena
Old 11-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Corgi bum

Both parents and the pups have been vet checked and come with a health guarantee. The only reason I bred Chloe is that one my best friends has a male Corgi, with a great pedigree. This will be her only litter. I don't want to be a breeder.

I just wanted to let Chloe have one litter of pups, and I'm glad that I did as it has really changed her personality in a positive way being a mom.

Thanks for your help.
|
Dena
Old 11-10-2004, 11:08 PM
Felurian

Instead of handing out pictures (you'll get all kinds of horrible problems with an at-large approach), see if your vet will let you post a photo and phone number. Be sure to put a photo of the parents as well, along with a brief information sketch about both. Add a description of the breed, too, since Corgis aren't that well known to many people. You'd be surprised at how many people look at a Corgi and think it's something mixed with a Dachsund.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Corgi bum

That is so true. Many people do now know what Corgis are. I have had some calls the past few days from some farmers who are interested in my puppies for pets and also for herding. Also, a girl from the local 4H is buying one. Thanks for your help.

Dena
Old 11-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Felurian

The life of a working farm dog could be a wonderful life for your pups. Just make sure the farmers will treat them as family pets as well as working dogs.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian