Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 04-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Slowly but surely......

Default A gift from heaven!

So about a month ago I bought an Easy Walk front clip harness only to find out the size was too big for Sadie at the time. I had been having a lot of problems with Sadie pulling on her leash and not being able to control her well,now more than ever since she's a 50 pound lab mix and could probably pull me onto my face if she wanted. Today I tried the harness again and it actually fit this,time I even had to loosen it a little. Didn't think she grew that much but apparently did. I took her outside and we walked up and down our driveway(we have a long driveway) and the results were...absolutely amazing..I didn't know what to do with myself other than walk and give her treats. She did so well! It's got a martingale loop on the front,I don't know if that has to do it or not,but i did notice if she walked a little ahead of me if i just gave a very gentle pull on the leash she would immediately slow down and return to my side or walk behind me. It's like a whole new dog. I'm so excited!
Old 04-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Top Dog

Yay! Glad to hear it worked!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:32 AM
Show Dog

Glad to hear it worked. I've been wanting to try one of these with Savannah but none of the stores around here carry them and I wouldn't know what size to order lol.

Savannah - 8 year old Standard Poodle
Skeeter - 7 year old Terrier mix
Quigley- 1 year old Bearded Dragon
Old 04-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Slowly but surely......

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoPaws View Post
Glad to hear it worked. I've been wanting to try one of these with Savannah but none of the stores around here carry them and I wouldn't know what size to order lol.
I got mine from petsmart. I didn't know what size to get,but I asked one of the trainers and she asked a little bit about her size and suggested the large for sadie.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:40 AM
Active Pup

Hi, thanks for this post. These look really good and exactly what my friend needs. He recently bought a rottweiller and his wife has trouble walking the dog when he is out of town, which he is regularly.

I will get them one of these and see if it helps.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Top Dog

I got mine on line ..... they do well with measurements and are quite adjustable . They're great !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 04-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Top Dog

I use those on both my pooches. It is really awesome. Actually yesterday I had the leash hooked to their collars just 'cause we weren't going far (to the car and back), and it was ridiculous... they just about pulled me to the ground. Makes a huge difference with the harness.