Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-05-2009, 09:29 AM
<----Thanks Allie

Default So I talked to an animal communicator....

about why Muff doesn't eat.

She said his stomach hurts, and she thinks he may have a stress ulcer.

Apparently, he's afraid that he might not be allowed to stay and he needs some real reassurance that he can stay with me. There is also someone who has been "teasing" him lately and he would like them to stop.

My aunt's been here for the past week with her dog... and Muff isn't exactly his "biggest" fan... so I think that may be who is teasing him???

Anyway, she's making me a charm to put on his collar, I should bring him to the vet and tell them to give me carafate/sucralfate, and I need to reassure him that he can stay. She also said I should change his food to Premium Edge Skin & Coat.

Here are the ingredients to the food she recommended, what do you guys think:

Quote:
Ingredients
Salmon, ocean fish meal (a source of fish oil), potatoes, peas, cracked pearled barley, millet, egg product, oatmeal, canola oil, tomato pomace, natural flavor, flaxseed, choline chloride, dried chicory root, glucosamine hydrochloride, kelp, carrots, apples, tomatoes, blueberries, spinach, dried skim milk, cranberry powder, rosemary extract, parsley flake, yucca schidigera extract, L-Carnitine, chondroitin sulfate, dried fermentation products of Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei and Lactobacillus plantarum, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

oh, and I am going to make him a vet appt about the drugs... But do you guys know of any teas I can give him that will help his stomach???
Old 11-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Top Dog

Is an animal communicator like a fortune teller?

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Old 11-05-2009, 10:11 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

You had me until you said she told you to give him a specific food... what's up with that?

Old 11-05-2009, 10:26 AM
<----Thanks Allie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy'sParents View Post
You had me until you said she told you to give him a specific food... what's up with that?
The food was because she has a dog with stomach problems and she found that hers does best on that food.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy'sParents View Post
I agree... I personally would not feed that food to my dogs

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Taxiderpy

Charlie has gastro issues and does best on fish based foods, so that's not too far fetched if she feels he has stomach problems. If you're not comfortable using it, there are other similar foods of a higher quality. As much as they are not the most premium for the price, dogs with gastro problems seem to do really well on Nature's Balance duck and potato, and fish and potato formulas. We've had really good luck with the TOTW pacific stream formula.

Personally I don't think the food she recommended sounded all that terrible. It's a little grain heavy for some dogs, but some dogs might thrive on it.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Tweleve Enthusiest

That food is very grain heavy.

As for foods, if you're looking for fish based, there's TOTW and Nature's Variety are two off the top of my head that would be better.

Teas? I don't know. I've often used Ginger for tummy problems, I get it in a capsule and open it up and sprinkle the powder on a treat, or ideally I mix the ginger powder with some honey and they can lick that up off a plate.

Poor Muff. I hope he feels better soon.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 11-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Twin 2

I don't like that it's "Ocean Fish Meal" as the main meat source. Not specific and way too vague. If it was "Salmon Meal" or Herring Meal" that would be one thing, but ocean fish meal this is like saying "Meat Meal"

Add that to the fact that it's both Peas and Potatoes I'm not too thrilled about that food.

I know Core has a fish formula and Evo just came out with one. Timberwolf aslo has one I beleive.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Twin 2.0

You can pick up some OTC antacids and they'll do about the same thing as the Rx from a vet.

I dunno about the food though...
Old 11-05-2009, 11:15 AM
:( only one :(

Well, first of all, I'd make sure that is what is wrong with him with the vets before doing/changing anything.