Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 09-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Top Dog

Unhappy I need to rehome my cat

This is something I've been putting off for a long time, but in my heart I know I have to do it. I have three cats. The two boys, Booster and Remy, I got from the Humane Society as kittens. The girl, Shadow, I found as a stray. The boys cause Shadow a lot of stress by ignoring her, occasionally chasing her, and interrupting her whenever she tries to play with something. ("HAI SHADOW WHAT ARE YOU DOING? OH A TOY MOUSE CAN I HAVE THAT?") This may not sound like much, but believe me, it is having a negative effect on her. I have taken her on visits to my mom's house and sister's house before and the difference in her demeanor is astounding. You can visibly see her relaxing.

My sister will take her if I can't find anyone else. But Shadow's very people-oriented. Loves people. Like myself, my sister lives alone and is gone for many hours at work. IMO Shadow would be happiest with a family, preferably one with kids.

Here's her bio:

Female, spayed, declawed (not by me, she was declawed when I found her.) Up to date on shots.

Himalayan or Himalayan mix with lilac (I think?) points. Long hair.

About eight lbs. Age--not sure, maybe three or four years old? She was an adult when I found her, but looked to be a young adult. And that was about two years ago, I think.

Quiet, doesn't meow much. Loooves being brushed. Will wear a harness and walk on a leash. (And by "walk on" I mean you can follow her around as she sniffs the grass and whatnot--not LEADING her on a leash like you can with a dog. ) Indoor cat, uses a litterbox. Doesn't like going in a carrier for trips, but is quiet once she's in.

Loves people. Unphased by kids and seems to like them--I tested this by taking her over to my mom's house when her grandkids were visiting. Likes sitting on laps. Pounces on strings (favorite toy) and will sometimes fling around a toy mouse when the boys aren't looking.

Other Cats - She might be okay with other cats if they didn't chase her and were social with her. Not sure. She persists in trying to make friends with the boys. That said, she seems to be jealous of clawed cats. (When one of the boys uses the scratching post, she'll often bop him on the head and then pretend to scratch on something herself. ) I'd prefer a cat-less home for her.

Dogs - She's never lived with them since I owned her, but when the vet took her in the backroom to be vaccinated, he commented that she didn't react to the dogs there (it's the kennel area too) at all. If a dog didn't chase her/terrorize her, she would probably be fine. She's pretty level-headed and calm.

Issues - She occasionally horks up hairballs. Also, she has peed on towels and coats before when I'm unwise enough to leave them on the floor. Usually fleece/terrycloth material. This doesn't happen EVERY time I leave a towel/coat on the floor, though. Maybe once every couple months. She has never peed on the bed or furniture. Also, I leave other clothes on the floor (hey, I'm messy, okay? ) and she ignores them. Just to be clear, this is not the reason I'm trying to rehome her. I really am trying to rehome her, not "get rid" of her.

If anyone is interested in an extremely sweet cat or knows someone who is, please direct them here. I'm in eastern Washington and my e-mail is [email protected] . I am praying I can find the perfect home for her. She deserves the best.

Last edited by Boemy; 09-06-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Top Dog

More pictures of Shadow:

Exploring the pitcher I use to water the plants . . .

Grooming, a very important routine!

Lap-sitting and doing her tongue exercises.

If only they were this peaceful all the time.

Also, my brother made two video clips of my cats the time he catsat for them.

Shadow is in this one from 2:35 to 3:40 (sitting and purring.)

YouTube - LM's kitties 1

She is more active in this next one, which is actually pretty funny. 1:58 to 2:54. She loves the Squush pillow and it can be rehomed with her.

YouTube - LM's kitties 2
Old 09-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

She is really gorgeous. and looks like a sweetheart, too. It would help if we knew where you were located.

Edit-- I'm sorry, you did say you were in Eastern Washington.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused

Last edited by drmom777; 09-06-2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: I was stupid.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:47 PM
treehugging clicker freak

She's beautiful. Good luck

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 09-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Top Dog

Give it to ACampbell03, her son wants a cat...
Old 09-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Big Dog

I can't help--I'm violently allergic to cats--but I'm happy to bump this for you. She's beautiful, and I hope she finds a great place!
Old 09-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Top Dog

Okay, back! I think she'd fit your family very well, ACampbell, as long as Jasper and Lacey are all right with cats. She has no front claws, so she has no natural defenses.

Let me know what you think. There's no rush.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Not a lurker

She is gorgeous! We haven't done shelter searching yet, if you want to look at my thread "My son want's a cat?!" maybe you can decide if she'd fit the bill. Although it might have to be a few weeks since we still have Lily (her new owners are in the middle of moving and sorting that stuff out) but I bet we could manage a transport for her.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Top Dog

ACampbell, I'll go refresh myself with your thread. I would love for her to go to someone on Chaz!

I want her to find a new home before I move next June (no sense putting her through TWO moves when she could just have one move), aside from that time is not an issue in the least!

Edit: I'm so glad you found a home for Lily. Yay!
Old 09-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Water Junkie

Oh, I hope it works out with Acamp!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l