Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Member Introductions

Old 02-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Active Pup

Talking Mollie

small collie, looks like a brown/white bordr collie with floppy ears. Is blind and deaf, 15 y.o.Was found wondering in a park, covered with dirt and tar. Very hungry and nervous.I was determinedthat the previous owner brutalized her and she ran away. She is very smart.undefinedundefinedundefinedundefined

Last edited by Ralph Bowerman; 02-03-2004 at 05:30 PM. Reason: change font size
Old 02-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Show Dog

Awww,how sad. It's nice that you took her in.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:38 AM
Felurian

How wonderful for Mollie that you found her. It's so hard to know that a dog has had to endure so much cruelty and hardship, but you are making the rest of her life everything she deserves; it's very obvious that you dote on her!

My parents have a blind Australian Shepherd that I just couldn't leave in the shelter; no one wanted a blind dog and they were going to have to euthanize him. He was only three months old and was born blind. At the time, I didn't have a fenced yard, but they did. My Mom fell in love with him. They adapt so well to things that we would find to be huge obstacles. We named him O'Reilly, after the MASH character, because he has to use radar to get around. He's about thirteen now, and so far has had a great life with camping trips, hikes, his own big soft chair to sleep in, and first pick of all the goodies.
Old 02-14-2004, 03:52 PM
Active Pup

Default Sade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Bowerman
small collie, looks like a brown/white bordr collie with floppy ears. Is blind and deaf, 15 y.o.Was found wondering in a park, covered with dirt and tar. Very hungry and nervous.I was determinedthat the previous owner brutalized her and she ran away. She is very smart.undefinedundefinedundefinedundefined
Hi i used to have a sheltie very sweet had to be put down at 5 years old of kidney diseace it was very hard i love shelties and i had to wait guite a while to get another but i just did a couple of months ago and am so pleased with him i am so sorry that happend that was nice to take him in atleast he got to be with you and have food for a while hopefully somebody else found him now