Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-24-2009, 10:05 PM
<------RIP Superdog

Default Whats the attraction with labradoodles?

I am not breed bashing here, but i honestly dont know why people want a labradoodle. Is it the "mix" factor? The furry/scraggly look? What? You could really get any trait you are looking for in a labradoodle in a real poodle. Opinions? I have honestly not ever met 1 labradoodle that i was impressed with or liked. All that i have met (no matter what the age) are just big, furry, out of control labs.
For some reason i actually like goldendoodles more. I dont know if it is the actual dogs i met, but they just seem more calm, sweet, and actually have an attention span. I would actually take 2 of them home with me that i know. Plus i think they are softer and much cuter.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Who woulda thought <3

All I know is I ADORE Dr2little's Sophie
Old 06-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Top Dog

I got in alot of trouble with this subject once

I don't understand the attraction.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:15 PM
~Lisa~

I dont understand the attraction to alot of breeds. to each his own as they say. But I agree majority of these mixes I have met, and it is a TON since I work in grooming. Have all ben off the wall crazy hyper. Seems to me majority of people own then as a symbol, rather then becuase they like the mix. no training ect. one lady came in the other dya with ehr 5 year old lab poodle X. And said she couldnt believe he was still so badly behaved, even after a neuter. My boss had a speaking with her. since she i s a trainer as well.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:23 PM
Top Dog

There's a lot of breeds (recognized/non recognized/purebred/"designer"/whatever) that I don't find attractive, and would go as far as to say I see nothing redeemable about them. But that is my own opinion.

So, so long as they are out of a good breeder and responsibly bred, I don't judge who finds what attractive.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:33 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2dogs View Post
There's a lot of breeds (recognized/non recognized/purebred/"designer"/whatever) that I don't find attractive, and would go as far as to say I see nothing redeemable about them. But that is my own opinion.

So, so long as they are out of a good breeder and responsibly bred, I don't judge who finds what attractive.
Though Foster's (Golden/ Poodle) personality is not really my style, I can say, for the average pet home with kids, he would be PERFECT.... He is sweet, loving, tolerant to the extreme with stange dogs, Loves Kids!!,Is easy to train, does not shed and has so far, other than needing more grooming than I am used to been the *easiest* dog I have ever owned....

All of the ones I have met so far have been much the same.... Not that I am saying all are like that, but I find those qualities quite redeemable

I agree there are always breeds we don't care for, and others we love
Old 06-25-2009, 07:25 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhucca
Honestly you can't find anything in a *well bred* labradoodle that you wouldn't find in a poodle. For labradoodles that are actually hypo-allergenic, they look exactly like poodles with a shaggier coat. Sheesh.
If I ever had to choose between a doodle and a PB poodle, I'd grab the Labradoodle and looks are one of the reason (much prefer most of their looks to PBs). Maybe "sheesh" but I like to have my cake and eat it to - I want a dog I know I can get along with and has the temperament/behavior I desire, but also something that is pretty to look at too (in my eyes)
Old 06-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankstar View Post
I dont understand the attraction to alot of breeds. to each his own as they say. But I agree majority of these mixes I have met, and it is a TON since I work in grooming. Have all ben off the wall crazy hyper. Seems to me majority of people own then as a symbol, rather then becuase they like the mix. no training ect. one lady came in the other dya with ehr 5 year old lab poodle X. And said she couldnt believe he was still so badly behaved, even after a neuter. My boss had a speaking with her. since she i s a trainer as well.

Found this thread interesting. Those that are trainers and breeders do you think its the mix that makes the dogs wild or just the fact that person did not spend time training it like the one Tankstar mentioned here, belonging to a TRAINER that didnt bother to train their dog? YIKES!

I am not fond of the "Designer breeds" as I see them as mixes that for many instances were bred to be sold as purebreds.

I object more to the individual behind the price tag in most cases breeding "Designer breeds" for their price tag rather then the lines and resultant pups. I am not disliking the individuals or because of their activity level, the latter, I tend to bring that out in dogs that were trained to behave Just the doggy smile I guess that comes on my face when I see a dog, ANY dog!
I would be happy as a clam with a heinz 57 from a shelter.

Those with either of the doodles, if NOT clipped how long would their coat grow, out of curiosity.
I am least fond of English bulldog faces as find the nose too extreme (not real fond of persian cats for that reason either) but if ever saw one on the street, it would be remaining on the street just long enough for me to stride over and rescue it.
I prefer Boxers and American bull dogs and Staffy Pittie types nose wise.(as compared to English type Bull dogs. ) Love Bull Terriers too and I know many have choice words to describe their eggheads
Have had good luck to meet many on the board here from when Dekka was having her pups.
Its easier to say type of breeds I care for less due to a trait as majority of breeds I love, when and if get a pup I would just want a breed that did not need to go to the groomers for sculpting type cuts every 8-12 weeks or so, as would want to do grooming myself. Not grooming or shedding shy at all, tho not sure about clipping... love long hair shaggy types. ( along with short hair, big dogs small dogs and everything in between.) Love Brussels Dr2, love Pappillion, JRT, Border terriers, Basenji, and of course love Cavaliers, ok, quitting now tho could easily add other breeds I love. (how many breeds are there in the AKC UKC combined? )

Ban the Deed, Not the Breed.

Last edited by ^Purrson^; 06-27-2009 at 10:18 PM. Reason: adding further explanation of designer breeds vs "Plain mixes"
Old 06-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Lab Love

Me either.

I've met a few that I liked, but even with the breed I dislike the most (english bulldog, no offense) I've liked a few individuals because of their personality, .. but still found them butt ugly.

Honestly you can't find anything in a *well bred* labradoodle that you wouldn't find in a poodle. For labradoodles that are actually hypo-allergenic, they look exactly like poodles with a shaggier coat. Sheesh.

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever
Old 06-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Resident fainting goat

People think poodles are froofroo dogs and girly. but mixing it with a golden/lab or w/e makes it a bit more like a "normal" dog but with the non sheddingness of a poodle

thats usually the reason I hear