Hammie out of the gate.....again..sorry....

Debi

OH yes, I am aware you are sick of hearing about Hammie. BUT..he is STILL nipping me when I open the gate to the dog pen. I HATE THIS! I stand as close to the gate as possible....then I put my foot up..and he usually gets that in his face. BUT, still we go thru this everyday. He is on the whole, better...but he just HAS to do this nip. Now..it isn't aggressive in any way...BUT I STILL HATE IT!!!!!!!!!! I know I sound like a broken record........yes, I make him 'sit' prior to opening the gate....I yell...........cause I know he is going to do this 'nip' thingy. Please.........any more suggestions???? :(

Debi, he may actually grow out of this. And while you're waiting, try not to yell. The loud, sudden reaction excites him and makes it ever so much more fun. It'll be hard not to yell; heck, it hurts! Bimmer used to pinch me on the butt when he was younger. He thought it was hilarious! Brat-dog. Now he's the soul of gentlemanly conduct. German Shepherds actually grow up and develop a crushing sense of responsibility at some point. The trick is surviving until they do. :rolleyes: I've always found a "What the #*!@ do you think you're doing?" snarled in a low voice halts 'em in their tracks. ;)

Debi

I actually do notice him settling down quite a bit. In the house, he is even becoming a gentleman....ah, maturity. That nipping thing just irritates the daylights out of me. I will follow that advice, and not yell....your right, that would seem to make it more fun for him. He just gets so excited..what a lug. Sometimes I just need to vent. lol.....the fur kids were working on my patience this week. I think it was magnified by the utterly miserable weather everyday. Funny, seems when one is totally well-behaved, the other decides to be bratty. The day I posted this, the topper was after both dogs were sent outside, the cat decided to annoy me to the ends of the earth. LOL :rolleyes:

bogolove

Brady still nips me sometimes too. He nipped me on the butt yesterday, and he seemed to share the same humor fo it as Bimmer did for Renee. I could see the laughing in his eyes. I just thought it kind of hurt. I sympathize with you, because I know how it is. If Brady gets excited that is when it starts. I have to pet his ears and say calm down over and over in a soothing voice. Or if I wear a sweatshirt, because when we got him when he was little it was last November and it was cold, so I had my sweatshirt to protect me from his evil puppy nips, and now he thinks I am his personal chew toy when I put it on. I actually caught him the other day with my sweatshirt draped over his whole body on my bed - HE PULLED IT OVER HIM BY HIMSELF! I took a picture of it too. Silly dog.

Debi, you're getting tag-teamed. :D If you're very, very stealthy, you just might catch them conspiring together one day.

That's always adorable when they do stuff like Brady did, pulling your sweatshirt over him. When Bimmer was a pup he liked to pull the an afghan off the sofa and wrap himself up like a burrito. I've got some sickeningly cute photos of him. If I ever get one of the scanners to work I'll post them. I'm assuming that you'll be posting the photo of Brady?

I can tell Kharma's growing up. When she was still a baby, she stole my socks and shoes and took them to her "nests." Now that she's coming up on 11 months old, she's more mature . . . now she steals bras. :rolleyes:

Debi

OH Renee...I am laughing so much at 'Kharma stealing bras'...sooooo funny!

Bogolove....I could just imagine the trouble if Hammie & Brady ever got together!! :)

Oh, and yes.....I HAVE seen them with their heads together quite often, so I have to agree on being tag-teamed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, how the heck did they get the cat in on the fun????? lol

Debi

Got me giggling again, Renee. OF COURSE...that's why that mean ole cat looks so smug!!!

bogolove

Oh it is always those kitties. I have actually scolded Brady for stuff, and have come to realize it was my "sweet" little princess. She is as big of a mess as he is, in a sneakier way.

I will get that pic of Brady up in a little bit.

Brady and Hammie would be quite a pair huh? An exhausting pair!

Staff online

Members online