One of the things that makes me mad

Richie12345

LEA said:
yea. unfortunetley lol..i suffer from a lack of self control sometimes..lol
lol, yeah, I know what you mean, like this thread. I wasn't sure if I should've posted my opinion or not... then it didn't get much attention until you quoted it:D

Fran27

LEA, dogs are not vaccinated at 9 weeks. I'm talking about the full set of shots, not just the first one, and if a puppy has all his shots at 9 weeks, I would really worry about their vet... It's NOT safe to have a puppy meet other dogs before they have their 3rd set of shots (usually at 12-16 weeks), unless of course you know that they are up to date with their shots. The people I got Boris from said he had his shots, and the vet clearly said he still needed two, and that no matter what the guy said, he couldn't have had all his shots as that point (10 weeks). For yor friend, the best you can do for her is inform her if the risks if she really wants to take the dogs out so young.

As to the not arguing, I think it's really possible to have different opinions without starting insulting people. Yes, I rolled my eyes, but because I was totally shocked that someone could actually compare parvo with the flu. Sorry Avenlee got upset, I just think that people should get informed before making a statement. And well, some people take disagreement more or less well, personally I have no problem when the person gives good arguments to explain their point of view, and it's rarely the case as people are more likely to start arguing than trying to have a conversation. It's when people ignore my arguments or the facts that I get irritated.

Bottom line, we can't get along with everybody, but we can try to stay polite.

Y

yuckaduck

You can't please all the people all the time, but try to please some of the people some of the time. We all have opinions it is how they are voiced that becomes the argument. Everyone needs to respect everyone else and if you disagree that is fine. We are human and we were all given a brain to think with and that is how we make the best decisions for us. What is right for me may not be right for you. Does that me make wrong? No just not right for you! This is what we all need to keep in mind. :)

Richie12345

yuckaduck said:
You can't please all the people all the time, but try to please some of the people some of the time. We all have opinions it is how they are voiced that becomes the argument. Everyone needs to respect everyone else and if you disagree that is fine. We are human and we were all given a brain to think with and that is how we make the best decisions for us. What is right for me may not be right for you. Does that me make wrong? No just not right for you! This is what we all need to keep in mind. :)
amen:), I just don't want you feelin bad that's all

Y

yuckaduck

Don't worry I'm just over sensitive that's all. I cry at the stupidest things. Just ignore me, I'm a cry baby.

Richie12345

yuckaduck said:
Don't worry I'm just over sensitive that's all. I cry at the stupidest things. Just ignore me, I'm a cry baby.
lol, ok. I still can't help worrying... I sound like such a mom :D

Y

yuckaduck

Your just a kid relax don't worry. Must be more important things for you to worry about. I'm old enough to be your mom. I'm fine, and I will survive don't worry. I've lead a hard life so I can take it even if my eyes do tear up on occassion. I was one who cried at the end of Old Yellar so you know where I'm coming from. Big wuss here! :D Thanks for caring that is nice. :)

poeluvr

Fran27 said:
LEA, dogs are not vaccinated at 9 weeks. I'm talking about the full set of shots, not just the first one, and if a puppy has all his shots at 9 weeks, I would really worry about their vet..

Bottom line, we can't get along with everybody, but we can try to stay polite.
wel mine was, done at 9 or 10 ten definetley not above 10.
eaxtly cant get along with everyone but we can sure try, considering we are not trying to fight.

poeluvr

yuckaduck said:
i dont understand why your saying that i was agreing with u and fran? i was sticking up for you werent u the one talking about what people said upset u..well whatever:) glad to see it worked out

Y

yuckaduck

None of my posts were directed at any one in paticular. Not ever! So those sticking up for me thanks but we should never have to stick up for anyone. This is not survival of the fittest. We just need to get along that is all. I'm not directly accusing anyone, why because then I would be just as bad for arguing and starting things. I'm just trying to learn things that I don't have a clue about. Yukon was full vaccinated at 13 weeks, however here's another thing to think about. My mom's vet only gives two boosters not three, so her pups are fully vaccinated at 8 weeks. Is that vet wrong? I don't know I didn't do the 6-8 years training to know. So I'm not saying anything bad about anyone at all.

Also Lea I have read and re read my posts and no where do I see anything bad about you. I just can't see where I have accused you of anything, in fact the opposite just trying desperately to calm waters. However if you feel I have wronged you I am truely sorry that was never ever my intention. Now I'm crying again gotta go Sorry everybody for insulting or accusing you of being bad.

poeluvr

oo godd.. i dont mean sticking up i mean well not arguing about you, but i agrred with you so i said things to help u out, i think people can stick up for others if they beleive they are right, or at leat agree which is what i was doing, ur saying survial of the fittest but yet you were upset.

poeluvr

i wasnt saying you said anything bad, u just seem to be contradicting yourself now, by saying we now all have our opinions, but befoore u were upset about al this... i seem tonot understand dont wanna seem mean , so i wont talk anymore on this one:)

Y

yuckaduck

I just don't like people thinking that I have accused them of something or wronged them. I think I am going to try a few days away from the forum because I seem to be just stirring things up rather than what I'm trying to achieve. Perhaps if I am not in the picture things will go back to normal. Maybe my mom was right nad I am just too stupid to get it and to stupid to help. Sorry!

Richie12345

Oh come on, now! It just takes a little getting used to ;) I don't think you need to be go away, don't just hide and be quiet! State your opinion! And if someone says something hurtful just do what I do! It's in a previous post

And I sent you a PM

Fran27

yuckaduck said:
What is right for me may not be right for you. Does that me make wrong? No just not right for you! This is what we all need to keep in mind. :)
Even if I mostly agree with you, it's just not true sometimes. Sometimes it's not about opinions, it's about people being wrongs about facts and not admitting it, and in those cases coming to say that we should all get along and respect each other opinions just makes things worse. Sometimes, you have to take sides.

And I understand that you don't like people arguing, but the best thing to do is just ignore it. When someone comes insuating that people are not tolerant, it doesn't help. And that's what you're doing, even with the best attentions.

From my point of view here, I got really upset that someone said that it was not such a problem to have a dog catch parvo, just as children catch the flu, and I said it, and people come and tell me that I'm not tolerant because I don't respect their opinion. So sorry, but I don't take it so well. I respect other people's opinions, when they are founded on something, not misinformed. There's a difference between saying that someone is willing to take the risk to have the dog exposed so that he is socialized, and saying that you're not going to lock up your kids until they are two either, just so that they're not exposed to the flu or chickenpox, when both are nowhere as dangerous to a baby as parvo is to a puppy. The first one I will respect, the second I want, because it's based on a misconception, ie that parvo is not that dangerous.

It's funny, I posted because I was worried for the pups, and actually asked if so many people are just unaware of the risks, and I just got flamed for caring for the dogs. Well, I won't say thanks.

LEA, I believe your puppy was vaccinated as this age, I just don't think that whoever did it was responsible. You're supposed to give their shots every 3 weeks minimum, so the pup got the first one before 1 week? That just doesn't sound right to me, especially as rabies should not be given before 3 months. I would look into it if I were you, but it's your pup.

Richie12345

Even if I mostly agree with you, it's just not true sometimes. Sometimes it's not about opinions, it's about people being wrongs about facts and not admitting it, and in those cases coming to say that we should all get along and respect each other opinions just makes things worse. Sometimes, you have to take sides.
I'll argue that :). I don't believe in any way respecting an opinion is going to make anything worse. And I also believe that you can agree to disagree, or maybe I am misunderstanding you...

And I understand that you don't like people arguing, but the best thing to do is just ignore it. When someone comes insuating that people are not tolerant, it doesn't help. And that's what you're doing, even with the best attentions.
I'm not entirely sure what insuate means, but by reading the context clues I believe you're saying that making people believe that others are not tolerant? I don't know if you would agree with me or not, but I think that we can have simple debates and if we do cross the line, someone like Yuckaduck will be needed

From my point of view here, I got really upset that someone said that it was not such a problem to have a dog catch parvo, just as children catch the flu, and I said it, and people come and tell me that I'm not tolerant because I don't respect their opinion.
I should re read that section, but I don't think they meant it that way

It's funny, I posted because I was worried for the pups, and actually asked if so many people are just unaware of the risks, and I just got flamed for caring for the dogs. Well, I won't say thanks.
I think we all just got rubbed the wrong way, partly you and partly others started this mess. But please continue sharing your concern

I would look into it if I were you, but it's your pup.
I admire that... suggesting something but not trying to get in her business...

And I'm terribly sorry if I misunderstood you in anyway...

poeluvr

Fran27 said:

From my point of view here, I got really upset that someone said that it was not such a problem to have a dog catch parvo, just as children catch the flu, and I said it, and people come and tell me that I'm not tolerant because I don't respect their opinion. So sorry, but I don't take it so well. I respect other people's opinions, when they are founded on something, not misinformed. There's a difference between saying that someone is willing to take the risk to have the dog exposed so that he is socialized, and saying that you're not going to lock up your kids until they are two either, just so that they're not exposed to the flu or chickenpox, when both are nowhere as dangerous to a baby as parvo is to a puppy. The first one I will respect, the second I want, because it's based on a misconception, ie that parvo is not that dangerous.

LEA, I believe your puppy was vaccinated as this age, I just don't think that whoever did it was responsible. You're supposed to give their shots every 3 weeks minimum, so the pup got the first one before 1 week? That just doesn't sound right to me, especially as rabies should not be given before 3 months. I would look into it if I were you, but it's your pup.
ok thanx fran ill check into my vet, im starting to wonder

Fran27

All I meant Richie is that sometimes, people can have an opinion that is wrong, or misinformed, and that it's a good thing to tell them that they are wrong, and why. That doesn't mean we don't respect their opinions in general though.

It's probably clearer this way.

Richie12345

Fran27 said:
All I meant Richie is that sometimes, people can have an opinion that is wrong, or misinformed, and that it's a good thing to tell them that they are wrong, and why. That doesn't mean we don't respect their opinions in general though.

It's probably clearer this way.
Oh, yeah. I agree with that

Members online

No members online now.