Belgain Malinois

Those are such beautiful dogs, and so very intelligent. I've seen some incredibly well trained Malinois and they are just so impressive.

You'll find, I think, that there are lots of us here who will be very interested in following the progress of your dogs, reading about your adventures, oooohing over your photos, and begging you for training advice with some of our little (and not so little, in my case) delinquents.

Hey Renee750il thanks. They are very intent and serous dogs but love to play. The best advice I could ever give to anyone in training a dog is train their dogs with respect and be firm with their commands but with alot of praise at the end. We use toys and tugs to reward our dogs and alot of praise. (Works great for us.)

That's always worked well for me, too, until Shiva. At 6 months and over 100 pounds, she's got the over-exuberance and overwhelming enthusiasm of a Jack Russell Terrier. She learns and understands, but just gets soooooo into the moment that sometimes you wonder if you just imagined that she behaved herself once upon a time. I guess she's just a very Zen puppy!

Hi Mason's,
I don't know much about Belgain Malinois... but there are a lot
of dogs I dont' know much about :)

Chazhound

mason

chazhound said:
Hi Mason's,
I don't know much about Belgain Malinois... but there are a lot
of dogs I dont' know much about :)

Chazhound
Hello Chazhound, There are alot of dogs that I don't know much about either, but have had several diffrent breeds over the years and fell in love with the Malinois. Hey Chazhound good to meet you :)

Renee750il said:
That's always worked well for me, too, until Shiva. At 6 months and over 100 pounds, she's got the over-exuberance and overwhelming enthusiasm of a Jack Russell Terrier. She learns and understands, but just gets soooooo into the moment that sometimes you wonder if you just imagined that she behaved herself once upon a time. I guess she's just a very Zen puppy!
Hello Renee, That is one fast pup! Are you training your puppy? We spend alot of time with our dogs and love it :) Have a good one Renee and hope to hear from you sometime!

mason's kennels said:
Hello Renee, That is one fast pup! Are you training your puppy? We spend alot of time with our dogs and love it :) Have a good one Renee and hope to hear from you sometime!
I don't know if you can call it "training" her. Right now I think we're concentrating on trying to survive her! She's just so ENTHUSIASTIC and very, very demonstrative in her affection. Shiva's really not "bad," it's just that after our first Fila, Buffy, we weren't prepared for her. Buffy was very dignified and mannerly from the first day we brought her home. We didn't even have to housetrain her. Bimmer was the same way. Shiva's just a completely different personality. She wants to be good, she just gets carried away with whatever has her attention at the moment. I have to brace myself when I return home from somewhere; she's not satisfied until she's been nose to nose with me at least three times before she'll go outside. She thinks she must take every single step with me, and the battle I'm having with her right now is trying to break her from doing anything in her considerable power to get in the car with me any time I open the door. She doesn't do it with Charlie, just me, and it doesn't matter whether it's one of the cars or the truck. In all fairness, though, she's probably better behaved than most dogs her age. She responds immediately when I call her, even if she's engrossed in hunting or following a scent, and generally is good about paying close attention to my "orders" when we're out in the pasture or yard. She's very obedient on the leash and has never offered to pull against me, so I suppose we've actually got the important things covered.

Hey Renee sounds like my kind of dog!!!!!! I believe you have a good one on your hands. What Breeding is Shiva? My Son and I have six Malinois, but I also have a English Shephard that is three years old and he is a very good dog. The English Shephard is a little more calm than the Malinois.

Shiva's a Fila Brasileiro. Bimmer, the well behaved gentleman with impeccable manners is a German Shepherd/wolf mix. We really were unprepared for Shiva, as our first Fila, Buffy, needed no training whatsoever. She was very quiet and lady like even as a puppy. I've laughingly called Shiva the anti-Buffy. It's good that she's like that, though, as I think we really needed a Fila with a different personality to help us recover from Buffy's loss. It would have been much too hard on us if she had been very much like our Buffy. It's been better for Bimmer as well, since he grieved as bitterly as we did for Buffy. He didn't play or seem to enjoy anything until we brought Shiva home.

chazhound said:
Hi Mason's, Nice to meet you too.

Very nice dog pics you have there too :)

Chazhound
Thanks Chazhound, I am glad you like my dog pics, we train them just about every day. I sure will be glad when Spring gets here. Can't wait!!! What breeding do you have?

Hi Mason's Kennel,

??? :( I've never heard of Malinois. They sound intresting. I think I should look them up, BRB.

Welcome to Chazhound!

Monie

soccerwoofer said:
Hi Mason's Kennel,

??? :( I've never heard of Malinois. They sound intresting. I think I should look them up, BRB.

Welcome to Chazhound!

Monie
Hey soccerwoofer, Did you look at our dogs on our website? soccerwoofer they are very good dogs to have around and they have alot of love for the family, but must be socialized as puppies to get alone with strangers. I have bred English Shepard's for years but fell in love with the Malinois and went hog wild over them :)

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
I've got a Belgian Tervuren! :) I looked into the Malinois but wanted something that was slightly bigger with longer hair. I think my next dog would be a Malinois though(or another Terv) I just LOVE the breed. I trainer friend of mine has a Malinois, shes beautiful and SO smart

Members online