Is everyone ready???

nancy2394

American Idol begins tonight.... whoo hooo!!! I hate to admit it, but I love the auditions. Some of those people crack me up. Carrie Underwood has been my favorite american idol winner ever. I can't wait to see who has a chance at it this year.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
OMG, its officially EVERYWHERE. Radio, Wal-Mart, TV, School, and now Chaz! ROFL.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
All I can say is ugh. I watched it many seasons ago, but now I quit watching it. Unfortunately my DAD, who made fun of it the whole time I was watching it, is apparently addicted to it. He even watches those dreadful rerun episodes they show on TV sometimes...
I can hear it from the living room. Puke, puke, puke. I'm so very tired of it and it's just started... x____x

bubbatd

I'm into the Biggest Loser !! Really not a watcher ... I listen .

Sunnierhawk0

Feelin' Froggy? Jump!
I watched, and of course loved it. But is it just me, or did the auditions lack this season? I know they are by no means over, but so far I wanted MORE out of it. Maybe its just a slow beginning to a awesome season!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I watched, and of course loved it. But is it just me, or did the auditions lack this season? I know they are by no means over, but so far I wanted MORE out of it. Maybe its just a slow beginning to a awesome season!
Yeah I have seen them turn away better singers in years past.

Idol will be very popular this year with the writers strikes :D

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I didn't watch it so I don't know, but supposedly this year they had crappy turn-out and a lot of really bad people... but every year they do that whole "UUUUUGHHH THERE WAS NOOOOBODY GOOD IN THIS TOWN UUUUUGH" thing so I don't know if I really believe it.
I think the auditions have become more of "Let's show the crappy people and get a good laugh" rather than actually showing the (good) people you're probably going to see throughout the rest of the season...

nancy2394

I've already got my dvr programed to record it weekly so I won't miss it. I never used to really watch it until last season. I got into it and the suspense would keep me watching. And I was glued to the tv tonight for the first part of the auditions...lol.

There were several contestants that just freaked me out. What about that guy singing to paula about stalking and breaking into her house to try her underware on?!?! That guy gave me the creeps. And what about the sparkle girl named alexis.. the one that did that disgusting tongue thing in front of the camera because she was ticked at Simon. Oh, and lets not forget the big guy that came out in a black cloak and ended up waxing his whole front side to please paula and then simon cut his audition off after he sang one note. What were some of these people thinking? That poor guy that sang about moses.. the guy with the insanely deep voice... he looked like he was about to cry when they told him that singing wasn't for him.

I can't wait for tomorrow night to see the rest of the auditions.

Paige

Let it be
Not a fan. Watched the first season. After that I never tuned in again. Not big on the telly anyways. I am a computer dork all the way.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
What were some of these people thinking?
You know what's sad? These aren't the initial auditions... these people have been screened prior to going through to Simon, Paula, and Randy.
So the screening judges send them through just so they can go on TV and make fools of themselves...

I really do feel bad sometimes when these people really think they're great and they get their dreams crushed... or the people who come on with crazy gimmicks. I mean, why?? Do you guys remember last year (I think it was) there was that girl who sang in the voice of the lion from Wizard of Oz? Seriously... why? o_O

Paige

Let it be
I was in the mall when they were holding the Canadian auditions. I was so tempted to sign up with my mate because we are WAY WORSE then most of the worst singers on there. My voice cracks and sounds so bad. I decided against it though. They would know I was just doing it for a laugh.

nancy2394

You know what's sad? These aren't the initial auditions... these people have been screened prior to going through to Simon, Paula, and Randy.
So the screening judges send them through just so they can go on TV and make fools of themselves...

I really do feel bad sometimes when these people really think they're great and they get their dreams crushed... or the people who come on with crazy gimmicks. I mean, why?? Do you guys remember last year (I think it was) there was that girl who sang in the voice of the lion from Wizard of Oz? Seriously... why? o_O
Oh yes, I remember her. I thought simon was gonna fall off his chair when she started to sing. What about that big lady dressed in that bright yellow outfit with the big hat and her whole belly hanging out :yikes:

That's pretty mean if they send them out there just to make fools of themselves. I do find it sad when some of them truly think they're great singers and then their dreams are shattered when they get rejected. Simon was actually so sweet to this one girl tonight that couldn't sing.. they told her no and she began to cry. Paula and Randy hugged her and then she said she couldn't face her family outside that door. Simon got up and extended his hand to her and all 3 of them walked her out the door and greeted her family... that was a side of Simon I had never seen before on this show.

I know a lot of dreams are shattered during this show... but on the other hand... some dreams come true.

Sunnierhawk0

Feelin' Froggy? Jump!
I do have to say the girl with the mother in the wheelchair was extremely touching. I felt for her so much, and they were very sweet about the whole thing.

Oh yes, the "sparkle girl" was just down right odd o_O..... totally lost her mind lol.

Does it come on tomorrow as well? I think it does.. cant remember.

nancy2394

I do have to say the girl with the mother in the wheelchair was extremely touching. I felt for her so much, and they were very sweet about the whole thing.

Oh yes, the "sparkle girl" was just down right odd o_O..... totally lost her mind lol.

Does it come on tomorrow as well? I think it does.. cant remember.
yes, it's on again tomorrow night.. or should I say tonight since it's after 2am. I can't believe I'm still up. Then I wonder why I can't get up until mid afternoon...lol.

Paige

Let it be
yes, it's on again tomorrow night.. or should I say tonight since it's after 2am. I can't believe I'm still up. Then I wonder why I can't get up until mid afternoon...lol.
Welcome to my life. It works for my lifestyle though and I am grateful I can get away with it.

Members online

No members online now.