Orbee

bogolove

Ok I went downstairs and Brady had killed another one of his stuffed animals, I am talking about stuffing EVERYWHERE. It amazes me how much they put into those toys! It was enough to make pillows for a small country. So I ordered him his first orbee bone and I even threw in for an orbee hockey puck for the fun of it. I hope he likes them, because I am tired of picking up stuffing and pieces of stuffed animal skin.

He had a stuffed orange cat that he literally skinned. Do you think that was a direct threat towards Pomponillia (our kitty)? LOL! No, he loves her too much to do that. :D

LOL! I've resisted any urges to buy my bunch stuffed toys. I can't imagine how any would ever last around here. I've seen what they can do - and it's not pretty . . .

bogolove

As fast as Brady can tear them up, I can't even imagine how buying one would be worth it for you, especially with your girls. They would have those stuffed animals killed in no time flat! LOL!

RD

Are you dead yet?
Stuffed toys don't last long here. The Pupper rips into them every chance he gets.. And he doesn't spread the stuffing around, he just eats it. That makes for some interesting poo... :eek: That dog will attempt to digest anything.
So, "stuffies" are for Ripley, who prefers to hoard them in a pile and attack any dog that comes near them, and Dakota is only allowed to play with his bones, balls and ONE stuffed toy for catching.

He loves his orbee bone, and he hasn't chewed it in half yet, which is a miracle, considering how much he chews on it... I need to order some more, because those are one of the only things that I feel very comfortable leaving him unattended with in his crate, and the one he has now is looking rough. (He spends a good hour per day chewing on the thing, I really just can't believe how durable it is..)

JRT_Rattie_Mom

Terrier Lover!
LOL! Okay... I've seen posts about the orbee bones/toys so many times... had visited the web site to "browse" and had gotten an email with a discount code.. but still hadn't ordered. After reading again... MORE posts on how good the orbee bones/toys are I FINALLY did order 2 bones (plus 2 baseball specials) since I'm also sick of picking up stuffed animal "guts" after just a few minutes of play! I had recently spending $5.99 (EACH!) on 2 leather bones (shaped just like the rawhide ones) thinking they would last a long time :eek: They ate those up like nothing... and hubby reminded me that my idea of buying used leather furniture (our fabric furniture is SO shot... YES... it is the stuffing that made it SO much fun!) next time was probably NOT a good idea! :confused:

Rip's Girl said:
He loves his orbee bone, and he hasn't chewed it in half yet, which is a miracle, considering how much he chews on it... I need to order some more, because those are one of the only things that I feel very comfortable leaving him unattended with in his crate, and the one he has now is looking rough. (He spends a good hour per day chewing on the thing, I really just can't believe how durable it is..)

Debi

That Orbee sounds great!!! Gonna check them out. Stuffed animals around here???? wouldn't last a minute. lol (that's why I run like the wind when I see one of my sofa throw pillows going by in someone's mouth!) I had a little teddy bear sitting on a little chair in the corner.......I had to save teddy's life so many times that now he sits on a high shelf, and a pumpkin is presently sitting in the little chair. :) poor teddy!

bogolove

Yeah I had some fuzzy slippers that I loved so much. They were comfortable, cute, warm, and fluffy. Brady was so obsessed with those things when I would put them on. Needless to say they have gone to slipper heaven somewhere in the great beyond - probably a nice dump yard somewhere. Brady got a hold of those things without my authorization more times than I could count.

JRT_Rattie_Mom said:
... and hubby reminded me that my idea of buying used leather furniture (our fabric furniture is SO shot... YES... it is the stuffing that made it SO much fun!) next time was probably NOT a good idea! :confused:
My Charley owns a furniture store, and he stumbled across the perfect living room/den furniture for us dog people. You can get the set with a sofa, loveseat, big chair and ottoman or any combination. It's the most comfy living room furniture I've ever sprawled on; all the men who come in the store - after having been dragged away from the game on Saturday - flop down on the set and insist that it's the one they want. BUT the best thing; the perfect thing about this stuff is that it is slipcovered in denim. Yes, you can take the covers off and wash them like just like your blue jeans. We tell people not to use a hot dryer, since jeans will shrink some in a hot dryer, but other than that you just do them like your laundry. Most of the people who buy the set actually order an extra set of slipcovers so they have one for the furniture and one for the wash.

I'll check and see who the manufacturer is so you can check and see if anyone in your area carries it, or if they don't, you can see if a locally owned store can order it.

JRT_Rattie_Mom

Terrier Lover!
Renee750il said:
My Charley owns a furniture store, the best thing; the perfect thing about this stuff is that it is slipcovered in denim. Yes, you can take the covers off and wash them like just like your blue jeans. We tell people not to use a hot dryer, since jeans will shrink some in a hot dryer, but other than that you just do them like your laundry. Most of the people who buy the set actually order an extra set of slipcovers so they have one for the furniture and one for the wash.

I'll check and see who the manufacturer is so you can check and see if anyone in your area carries it, or if they don't, you can see if a locally owned store can order it.
This furniture sounds great! Please do see what you can find out about the manufacturer! :) I would love to have slipcovers that could be removed and washed easily. Our furniture now is a strange shaped 2 piece sectional that I don't think I can just buy slipcovers to fit (or I'd try... they are SO ugly!) Holly has done no damage to the furniture herself.. but when Lucy was a puppy my hubby would never take me serious when I told him she could NOT be left unsupervised! She ate HUGE holes in the 2 arms of the couch... plus teethed on window molding, door moldings etc. Holly just likes to go to the existing "holes" in the couch arms (that are covered with towels) and take the towels off... and proceed to pull all the stuffing out again... all over the room! I'm about ready to throw away all the stuffing away, and "stuff" hand towels in the arms for padding instead! I'm just SO sick of "stuffing" that stuffing back in for... hmmmm must be coming close to 1000 times by now! :mad:

bogolove

My big couch has a big blanket draped over it and a towel draped over the arm of "Brady's" side. He likes to bring his bones and stuffed toys up on the couch and he has a lot of slobbery drool when he is chewing, so I make sure it is covered and then I just wash the towel and the blanket. The only thing he does to my couch is that he tries to perch on the back of it like my cat does to look out the window. The only thing is my cat is only about 15 pounds compared to his 70 pounds squishing my back couch cushions. I have to keep the blinds closed now and make him look out a different window so that he won't squish my couch. I have a pic of him looking out the window in my pics under my member gallery if you want to see what I mean.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Did Charley find out the furniture manufacturer? I too had the arm of my sofa eaten up. Bitter apple seemed to help but also stained the fabric. I thing the denim would be a great idea.

The manufacturer is Corinthian. I'll try to find the model number for you, but the manufacturer's name should enable a local store to find it for you. I've seen another set by another manufacturer, but it was smaller and not as well put together. I'm not sure, but it may also be available in khaki. If it is, you could probably order an extra set of covers in the khaki so you could change the look when you wanted. Our customers usually order an extra set of covers. The chair and a half with the ottoman is the MOST comfy thing to flop down in! And the sofa's perfect for laying on.

JRT_Rattie_Mom

Terrier Lover!
Renee750il said:
The manufacturer is Corinthian. I'll try to find the model number for you, but the manufacturer's name should enable a local store to find it for you.
Yikes! I did a search for Corinthian furniture in Oregon on Google... and got everything under the sun! It is sure hard to tell who actually carries it, and who is just using it as a keyword to "get you" to visit! I did see the JC Penney furniture stores (one place local to us) come up but when I did a search on their web site for "Corinthian" I got a comforter set!

Will just have to go out and visit some of the furniture stores and see what I can find out about this brand. Of course... now that it is November and Christmas will be here before I know it... Hmmmm... I have a feeling new furniture is going to have to move to the BOTTOM of my list for now! :(

Barb04

Super Moderator
I found the Corinthian furniture at this web site: www.afwonline.com/ic294frm.asp

Once on the web page, click on living room and then under manufacturer, click on Corinthian. I'm in the process of looking at it right now.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Sorry, when you get to the above web page, click on product search, and then click under manufacturer for Corinthian.

I looked at the site, but didn't find the set in the catalog. Strangely enough, the suite on the title page of the living room furniture looks like the right set, but it's not featured in the catalog. I'll see if I can find a website for the manufacturer. Not all of them have websites, and they can be difficult to find, but when they do have a website, it usually has a protocol that lets you find a local dealer. I'll also check on the price so you have an idea of what to expect - and what not to pay!

Barb04

Super Moderator
I found the Corinthian 91" denim slip cover sofa on www.miskellys.com but their furniture store is located in Jackson, MS. I live in Connecticut. I just realized you live in White Pine, TN, we got our Max from a breeder in Limestone, TN. Sounds like TN is a beautiful place to live!

It is; I don't know that I wouldn't try to leave if I had kids - the schools are really awful; the teachers are grossly underpaid, and I really wouldn't want my kids raised with some of the prejudice I see here, and the economic divisions are, well, divisive. But, if you're just doing your own thing and aren't terribly influenced by others it's a pretty good place. We're at the foot of the Smokies, so it is incredibly beautiful, although it can't compare to the Sierras, the Pacific beaches and the Redwood forests I grew up near. One big factor, though - the cost of living is definitely decent and . . . no state income tax! ;)

bogolove

Oh yeah, the cost of living is definently great. My husband is from up north (Mass.)and I would never have known if he didn't point it out so much. I can't believe the difference. I live near Brentwood and Nashville, and you should see some of the houses around here. Maybe people are retiring and moving here because you can get more bang for your buck.

Members online