barking

glaisore

I have 3 chihuahuas 2 years old. When I let them out to do there business, one of them screeches and barks when they run out the door. I have tried everything to stop the one(Spunky) from doing this,but she is so hyper when they go out.saying stop or no does not work! can anybody give me advice.

It called... First one to the 'spot' is the alpha dog...

Just let him out one by himself after the other two.
The problem should go away as it isn't much fun impressing oneself :)

Chazhound

Chazhound, sounds like you've solved this problem before! Bet this takes care of it.

If this doesn't stop her, or she starts up again, you might have to try fizzypup's squirt remedy.

glaisore

Have tried holding her backwhile the other two go out and all she does is ear piercing squeels, sounds like someone is killing her. I have also tried a water pistol. It does not bother her.

Maybe it will help to start isolating the cause. Try letting her out, alone, first. If she goes through all the hystrionics, you'll know it has nothing to do with rank or the other dogs. It may just be that she's just hyper-excited about the whole outside experience.

Brattina88

My Mom's Chihuahua does the EXACT same thing! My Cocker Spaniel's trainer said to put her onto a leash and walk her out, and to pop the leash if she yaps and say 'quiet'. It worked for me, but I'd have to caution you. If you've never done training with a choke chain (even though we're not using a choke chain here) and you've never done a 'corrective pop' I wouldn't do this to your Chi. Because they're to little it would be all to easy to jerk it a little to hard once, and that would end it. Holding the dog back and waiting also worked for me. If she squeals while watching them go out before her, keep her out of view while you let them out first, and then call her to go out. Doing what Renee says would be a good idea, too ;)
HTH

Manda0304

glaisore said:
I have 3 chihuahuas 2 years old. When I let them out to do there business, one of them screeches and barks when they run out the door. I have tried everything to stop the one(Spunky) from doing this,but she is so hyper when they go out.saying stop or no does not work! can anybody give me advice.
I know how it is i fostered 3 chihuahuas and there mommy and wehn they barked it was very high pitch and especialy when there mom did it since she was bigger. put the others in another room and let the first one out then take her or he in then let the others out. or let them all out and when she or he barks say ahh ahh because if you say no then when your talking to somebody other then the dogs and you say no then they think your talking to them or you cna make somthing else up that you normaly dont ever sya in a conversation and say that.

Members online

No members online now.