Nanook again

Saje

Island dweller
I think Nanook might be fixed. She hasn't come into heat since we got her. It's only been a few months but still... And I am trying to peer at her belly and I THINK I see a pale scar in her pink flesh. Where would it be? More between her legs or higher? I've never had a female dog before. Any ideas? Maybe I'll try to take a pic. :D

aurorab

I know Baby di b/c we had it done but you can't even see a scar, funny part iis that she is missing a nipple (I can say that right- sorry if I can't) they must have sewn one up???? I didn't even notice for like 6 months to a yr.
Sorry I doesn't really help you but when i read your message I thought of it and decided to share.

Saje

Island dweller
lol that's kind of funny. and a bit weird.

hmm.

still trying to get a picture.... she doesn't like to roll over. Someone must have treated her bad because she gets terrified if you try and physically get her to do something. Which we don't much but even grabbing her collar and trying to get her to go outside scares her. :(

aurorab

Baby would curl into the floor if you said anything more than 3 times. We could really work on commands for over 6 months. Mira, if I tell Baby to heal she flatens out. We've had Baby 2 yrs, Mira 4 wks. She'll get there and so will nannok. A lot of love and PATIENCE ( Not yelling- you'll just need a lot of it)
Try to sit w/ her close to the door. either an open one or if you have a sliding glass door. So she can be inside but see out and pet her and reassure her. Once your get outside do the same. Make her feel safe and loved. And if there is something she love (cheese is Baby's thing) give her a bit so she associate the outsdie w/ something good. And a little goes a long way. It reall doesn't take much.
Good luck

Saje

Island dweller
Oh she does go outside. Just sometimes if they are roughhousing inside and we try to put them out she doesn't want to go. I don't really grab her collar anymore. If I get down to her level she'll come over. Or if I go outside with her she'll happily run outside. She loves her mom. The first day I brought her home I was sitting outside and she came and sat next to me and leaned all her wait on me and sighed. She was SO happy to have a home. She was at the shelter for three or four months! No one wanted her because she's too hyper.

Saje

Island dweller
Oh yeah. She's a happy dog now. I just see 'clues' to her past now and again. She submissive pees too. Not so much with me but ... I think it's mostly when strangers come over. Actually, she's never done it around me. She just gets nervous. She did it around my dad. :( And he doesn't do much with the dogs at all.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
mary has no scar and she was..plus it isn't unusual for a dog to be born without a nipple, bronki was missing 2. and the rest of his were inverted as well..

aurorab

No she lost it fromthe Sx b/c she had it b4. Don't ask me how I know. Long story. Mostly has to do w/ fleas and flea dirt and trying to make sure you don't hurt them but clean under there really well. Put it this was she is small, a chi, and she had really sensative skin at 1st b/c she had the fleas and dirt and it was difficult to tell what was dirt and what was her, plus she didn't like you turning her over or touching her tummy. It was like washing a rolly polly. Sounds odd I know but when you could get a good look it was hard to tell, so I counted so when I cleaned her I could tell what was dirt. HEHEHE
Now she love her belly rubbed and kissed. It only took a yr and a half.

aurorab said:
funny part iis that she is missing a nipple (I can say that right- sorry if I can't) .
Oh, GOOOOOD LORD, we've been SO much worse!!! :D I'm thinking of the recent dog penis stories (lipstick, etc.). LOLOLOL!

aurorab said:
Ok I must have missed that one. What was the topic called I'll go look HEHEEH
Heck, I don't remember. You know how we tend to sway off topic and get silly! :D Hey, check out the new pics on this forum under the nostalgia thread! The last pic I posted is adorable! :p

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i had to clean out bronki's inverted nipples..dirt does collect in there, even tho he was bathed often, and if you didn't clean out the crease it would get sore looking.

aurorab

Ok I'm still on the first page and I can't stop laughing. I had to go b4 now i have to run or I'm going to lose it! Thanks I need that, makes up for the yucky day.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Saje

Island dweller
the search engine does that. I just searched 'lipstick' because I figured it wasn't in many threads.

Staff online

Members online