Dog Left In Hot Car Dies!

Y

yuckaduck

They are brain dead idiots who don't deserve a dog. Yukon stays home even in the winter when it is cold he stays home. We only take him when he can go in with us like the pet store. Imagine but the sad thing is people are leaving their kids in cars too. At best buy yesterday in 80degree weather an infant was left alone in the van, not running so there was no air conditioning. Can you imagine? An off duty police officier was the one who saw this, and I hope he nailed the moron who did it. It happens so often and people never seem to learn. I live over a grocery store and right now I look out the window and there are two cars with dogs in them parked. Cars not running windows barely down. What do they think? That's the problem they don't. :mad: :mad: :mad:

bubbatd

I admit that Chip does go on short trips with me....the 5 windows are open and the skylight. I've never seen him panting on my return or his head hanging out the window. Usually curled up asleep of waiting. I find the worst offenders of of small dogs...window just cracked and the dogs backing their heads off. Unlike EliN , who does the right thing, I usually hang around making sure the dog isn't in trouble and give the owner he11 !!! Of course when Hunter's under my care both dogs stay home!! If he can get his head out...he's out !!

I dont understand how people can be so stupid. That poor dog really suffered. I hope his owner lives with that the rest of her life :mad:

We dont take ours with us during the day hours in the heat. If we are running to the store and know we wont be long or going to the gas station we will let the girls ride with us only in the evening if it's cool. No matter how cool it is out, we dont take them with us when we are going out shopping or out to eat. No need in that. I hate seeing animals left in cars in the heat!

gapeach

Big Mutts
Today when we were in town I saw a truck going down the road with one of those metal dog boxes, the poor dogs were barking so loud you could hear them way off, it must be like an oven in there!

Susi

hi this is susi from germany,

believe me we have the same problem over here, with people leaving their dogs in the sun and in the car. The owner have actually threatened the people and even the poloíce for having broken into the car to rescue the dog. And even at the World dog show in Dortmund germany they left their dogs in the car. I have two Rhodesian Ridgeback girls and they are my babies and when I go shopping or I have been for a walk before hand I always take them home. A new law is out now here in Germany that the animals what ever no longer just a thing. They are classsed as pets and if any harm is done then the person responsible goes to jail or is fined heavaly. Still alot of people couldn´t care less. Last week a Baby dies in the car, she had been in there for 3 hours, while her mum when shopping. I must cry when I hear these stories. Ma two give me so much love, and in return they deserve to be treated right.

I must stop it makes me feel awful talking about it

keep well

love susi and her furry babies

RD

Are you dead yet?
What a TERRIBLE way to die. :( I hate even thinking about that.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Wow, that's terrible!

Oh man, I about lost it the other week. I was going to dinner at a restaurant and I heard some barking coming from a car near me, so I looked around to try and pinpoint the source, because it was really rather hot outside and who knows how long it's owners had been inside? Anyway, I found the car: dark tinted windows barely rolled down and the dog in question was locked up inside a plastic kennel. It was something small, probably a terrier of some sort. I guess the owners thought it was 'ok' because they had clipped a little battery operated fan to the front of the carrier. I don't think it mattered much because the inside of the car still had to have been around 90-ish degrees, which meant it was getting hot air blown on it. I wish I had left a note on the windshield.

luvmydogs

this may sound cruel or sick, but sometimes i wished those same people would accidentally get locked into their car and suffocate. :p

Me, too... Luv... I think there should be a boot camp for animal owners (AND human baby owners). Where they put them through the paces and let them know how certain things feel. Including not feeding, leaving in a hot car, no water, leaving for hours at a time without the chance of going to the bathroom, etc. etc.

Y

yuckaduck

If it is ok to lock the dog in a hot car then why wouldn't it be ok to lock the owner in a hot car? Seems fair to me! So stupid to have this happen, there are enough warnings out there and it is only common sense. What a needless tragedy.

bubbatd

Since the dog was in a cage, they should have at least left all the windows open !!! What would there be to steal that would be more important than a dog !

Good thing I'm learning about these things now before I get a Dog of my own. After reading about how hot it can get in a car, I'll never leave a Dog in one. But I do believe a lot of this happens because people are ignorant about these things at times. I think people should have to take tests before they can have a Dog, to make sure they know what they can and can't do. I think it would stop a lot of bad things like this from happening.

Members online