Goodbye for a while, and a question

Romy

Taxiderpy
On Monday we are finally moving across the country, and back to the nice green wet northwest. Yay! That means tomorrow we are packing up the shipping container, and I must say goodbye to my computer for a while..*sniffle*

So bye everyone, I will miss you all.

I also have a random question. How on earth do you pack up a 50 gallon glass aquarium so that it won't crack or break? Supposedly we need to pack our stuff so that a 10 foot drop won't hurt it. Any ideas?

First and most importantly, Romy . . . I'm going to miss you while you're moving! Have a safe and GREAT trip!

A 10 foot drop? Sounds like the movers are covering their butts and making sure they don't have to pay for anything they break or damage, no matter what. Lots of styrofoam in a packing crate around the outside of the tank is all I know to tell you. And maybe put some soft but firm packing inside the tank?

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Aww, I hope you have a safe and good move! Hope'll you come back as soon as able :)

Have a great move!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Good luck with the move and we'll be waiting for you to check back in.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Have a safe and happy move! How exciting! Look forward to your return.

LionWolf

~ Naughty Minx ~
I also have a random question. How on earth do you pack up a 50 gallon glass aquarium so that it won't crack or break? Supposedly we need to pack our stuff so that a 10 foot drop won't hurt it. Any ideas?

Christ,........A 10ft drop,.......................well I would say that unless you pack a matress around it,.....thats gonna break.

Why a 10ft drop,.................are they intending to break the blinkin thing.

Removals here in the Uk have insurance that covers for breakages,......do you have a similar thing where you are.???

No idea how you would pack it hun sorry,......other than see if you have a friend that has a van and transport it yourselves, that way you know it too be safe.

Good luck with the move and I hope the internet connection is good where you are :D

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I would pack pillows inside it and try to wedge it between some mattresses or make absolutely certain that it's packed in nice and tight and everything is tied down properly! My parents just moved to Colorado and nothing was broken with them, but then again we did the loading and my dad did the securing, so NOTHING was going to be moving around if he could help it.

Good luck with your move and arrive safely!!!

GipsyQueen

Good luck with your move!!

No clue how to pack something that breakable... We had our movers pack our stuff so that we wouldn't be responsible for the damage.

milos_mommy

Good luck!

you need to cushion the inside just as well or better than the outside.

my recommendation? a quilt or comforter. It doubles as not wasting box space by folding/stacking blankets, and helps cushion the aquarium.

I'd put something solid and slightly smaller than the aquarium inside of it...a crate maybe? wrap the crate in a blanket first, then just smush lots and lots of blankets/towels/packing materials/newspaper down the sides, and if possible blanket the outsides and tape it, or use bubble wrap.

Also, put tape on the glass so if it does break, it won't get everywhere.

i doubt anyone's dropping it ten feet, btw. i think they say that as a precaution, lol.

Members online

No members online now.