What's in a Name?

Okay, my curiousity is killing me. Glad I'm not a cat!

There are so MANY neat, intriguing names posted here. I just know there are some good stories or explanations behind the names. So, 'fess up - Brattina88, Anuraagii, Greenworm555, Cracker, Rookierider, The _SkunkMan, all of you - especially you, Brattina88!

Mine's easy. After driving a very dependable 1982 Chevy Caprice for years, when it hit 275,000 miles I figured I probably should buy myself a car. I was driving a little over 100 miles back and forth to work every day, and the attorney I worked for at the time had a wife who was constantly griping because I didn't drive a fancy car. After looking for several months I stumbled on my dream car - a showroom clean, 1988 BMW 750il (5.0 litre, 12 cylinder engine), the one that's nicknamed Darth Vader. SMMMMOKIN'. Cut my commute time in half! Black, light grey leather, twelve speaker stereo system. This car does stuff I never even imagined. When you put it in reverse, the passenger side rearview mirror adjusts down so you can see the rear of the car. Just all kinds of neat tricks. Did I mention if FLIES? My Dad swears I'm supposed to file a flight plan with the FAA before I go anywhere. Pushed my boss's hateful wife right over the edge! I thought she was going to implode when she saw it. Gotta admit I enjoyed that.

Anyway, 750il is something I can stick on the end of my name and always remember it. If I just used a random number I'd forget it for sure!

So, let's hear your stories!

Brattina88

I don't think mine is all that neat... My dad says I'm a brat... :rolleyes:
Its wierd that my name has to do with a car too. My first car was a VW rabbit convertable with the liscense plate brttina. No one could figure out how to say it, so one day my dad walks in and says "Its brattina, now quit arguing about it and lets eat!" :D The car was an '88 surprise, surprise :p

Mine's nothin' much. I was thinking about a username to perminatly use and my friend and I had started to call her dog a woofer,and I liked soccer during that time. Like I said,nothing much.

Louie

"louie" is slang for left hand turn. My brother's started calling me Louie as a toddler, when they realized I was left handed. It's been with me ever since.

OK, this is old.....

I usually use "gaddymep9", but when the activation email from my first dog board with that username never reached my inbox, I went with "gaddylovesdogs" meaning I love dogs ( :rolleyes: ) so I use it for basically every single dog board now.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Nothin' special for me.

I knew I was joining a dog forum so since I knew Rocky, a BIG GSD, would becoming into my life. So I thought, since I'm getting a big dog, why not? BigDog2191 . . . the numbers are my birthdate.

bogolove

Bogo is the first half of my married name and Love is the first half of my maiden name. Put them together and you've got it!

bogolove

LOL! Well, I wouldn't mind that either! I do love shopping, especially sales and deals! I am a champion "buy designer but get it for a bargain" shopper.

Saje

Island dweller
Mines not that interesting. My real name, Shara, starts with an S (obviously) and sage is a word/plant that I've always liked. I changed the g just to be different and because my two middle names start with j. Plus it's short and easy to remember.

bubbatd

Nothing "smashing" here....Bubba was my heart dog and I use it a lot, but so do others and some links won't accept it.....He was a registered therapy dog, so I just added his TD.

tcreed

Ooh, Ooh, I get most boring!! haha.

tcreed

t is my first initial, c my husbands, and reed *duh* last name

Members online