Horrible News *cries*

Pits, Dear, Smkie said it best - she's absolutely 100% right!

And who knows how many lost dogs out there will have a better life because the people in your community saw your example. What a legacy for Maxis!

Something for you, Pits:

Outwitted

He drew a circle that shut me out -
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But Love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle that took him in!

- Edwin Markham

mrose_s

BusterLove
Oh GOSH, Pits you poor thing, im so sorry. I can't imagine that happening to us, jeezuz i feel sorry for you. :(

mrose_s

BusterLove
Barb04 said:
Oh Pits I am so sorry. I broke down crying when I read what happened.
I just feel numb, this cant have happened, but dont blame yourself Pits accidents happen and there wasnt anything you could do about this. I feel so awful inside now, im so sorry

Mrose, Maxis was a feral dog who was scraping by, living on the fringes and in great danger of being killed that Pits managed to catch and contain and work with, gentling him to the point that he was a good dog.

Doberluv

I can't say it better than what has been said, but I'll repeat that you gave him a good life. And it is not because he was domesticated, rather than feral that he got hit. I live out in the country and you see all kinds of dead animals; deer, coyotes, rabbits on the side of the roads. They don't know much about cars, either way.

I know you'll miss him and I send my thoughts your way for peace. Know that he's fine now too....where he is.

(((hugs)))

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
I'm so sorry to hear about your lost. I hope you find a puppy like Maxis, but I don't think the new pup could take the place of your beloved Maxis. So sorry to hear about her. Also what kind of dog was Maxis?

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
We don't really want to replace him we just want a part of him selfish I know.

He was a Gsd/Chow/BC this is our vets idea and it fits. He had a purple tounge and you could see all three breeds in him.

showpug

I guess it is best to remember in a time like this that it is quality that matters, not quantity. In the short time he knew you, he knew love. Do you have any pictures you could share with us?

I'm so sorry, Pits :( that's horrible. Don't blame yourself, though - it isn't your fault!! Rest in peace, Maxis. :( :(

avenlee

My heart is aching with every post on this thread. Its sooo very hard to lose a companion this way. Please don't blame yourself hun!! Maxis would not have wanted that. I know its hard and at this time its hard to even find comfort in everyone's sentiments, but please know that I am, along with everyone else, is thinking of you and holding your dear to our hearts.

I'm especially sorry that I wasn't able to read of the news earlier. (((HUGS)))) ((((HUGS))))) (((HUGS))))

bogolove

I am SO sorry. I know how hard this must be. My heart is breaking for you and Jamie. I am so sorry, if you need to talk at all, you can pm me anytime.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I'm so sorry that this has happened to you. It's not your fault though. Just think Maxis probably had the best time in his whole life when you took him in and fed him and worked with him. Just imagine how great his life wasn't before you got him. Even though you didn't have him for as long as you wanted to have him for atleast you made a difference to him and gave him some good times.

gapeach

Big Mutts
I am so very sorry Scar, it definitely wasn't youe fault. You did everything you possibly could for him. You showed him love and gave him a home when noone else would. You will be greatly remembered and rewared for that in other ways. You are an awesome person. I hope you can find your pup, it won't be the same as him but will help keep his memory alive and know that you are still helping Maxis by helping his baby. Like someone else said it's never wrong to love. I'd much rathe have a shorted life and be loved by someone than live forever, even and be lonely and forgotten. I'll be thinking of you and Jamie.((((((HUGS))))))

Members online

No members online now.