Fighting Pups > Urgent Help

melburn23

hey :)
i have two puppies....both female and 6months old
does anyone have any experience or solutions to them fighting
like really agressive as hell, snarles, biting etc.
i must fix this asap as my partner is going to get rid of one by the end of the week :(:(

LaylaMuddy

Show Quality Weimaraners!
Are they spayed? That may be the problem,you need to get them spayed if they are not already....

melburn23

both are littermates and were desexed two weeks ago.....stitches been out about 5days. both cocker spaniels as well.....the more dominant one looks a bit bigger but been weighed and there is no difference...just a fluffball

pitbulliest

Sometimes if dogs possess animal aggression like this, there really isn't anything you can do but keep them apart. I would consult an animal behaviorist if you have access to one (and are willing to spend the money)...but just remember that the end result may very well be that these two dogs simply can't be kept together..in that case, you either keep them separated, or you will have to find one of them a good home with someone else (if this is to happen, "don't forget to screen homes thoroughly" says Pit Bull Princess hehe).

Good luck..I hope things turn out for the best.

It seems a shame, but if they can't get along, better (and easier) to find a good home for one while they're still pups. Have you tried keeping them separated for a few days - let them miss each other's company - then seeing how they get along?

What usually starts the fight, food, toys, vying for attention?

melburn23

it can start over anything
mainly the more dominant one sees the other one off...over toys, affection anything...
sadly they started fighting again today and one got a slight cut on its leg....nothing major, but blood all the same.
were having to give the more dominant one away :(:( i love it so much though. black, big fluff ball, big dopey, so cute

Hopefully you'll find her a home with someone you can keep in contact with so you'll be able to know she's okay. I'm so sorry that you're having to take this step, but it's a call only you can make; you've seen what goes on, we haven't. If you have more time, you really might try banishing the bully whenever she starts something. Put her in a puppy-proof room for some time out with no attention.

Sometimes dogs just won't get along, although it's less usual for littermates. If you can't trust them to be alone together without the meeker one getting hurt, then you just have to deal with it in the best way for all concerned.

melburn23

i spoke to a dog behavoirist (if thats what they are called)
apparently he says their is no hope.....he said for future advice dont get two females from the same litter.....because dogs are pack animals...and the pecking order....its natural for one to be more dominate....he said it would have shaped this way every hour since theyve been born. Everytime one get a pat and the other get as much of a pat..smallest things have shaped how theyve become with each other.

im trying to find somebody we know to have her but everyone we know already has dogs and cant take on more.....we have a rule here...2dogs in a residential area or 3 if u apply and all ur neighbours to sign.....its so sad, :(

Members online

No members online now.