Sheltie Lover

Hi I am Peacekeeper,

I am a mother of Three wonderful kids, 3 1/2 pets 1 who is 5 yrs old sheltie and 2 cats one 2 and the other is 7 yrs old and a new baby on the way in 5 weeks ( puppy that is :)). I have been married for 24 years and my kids are 17,15,and 12 1/2 I am also a student in school at nite other than that not much I can tell you about my self I am looking forward to learning all I can on this forum about pets in general.

Thank you

Peacekeeper

". . .Other than that not much . . ." NOT MUCH!? What a life you must have! I'd be willing to bet the only reason you say there's not much you can tell about yourself is you're too busy to even turn around and so covered up with taking care of all your responsiblities that you never even think of yourself!

What are you studying, if you don't mind the question? It's great that you are taking some time to go to school.

Pharmacy Technician

Hi Renee,

I am going to school at nite to become a Pharmacy Technician and so far I have been in school for 5 months and I am injoying it and it is alot of hard work and a lot of reading and writing. My kids and husband are my support system and boy do I need it some times I think I am going crazy. lol Thank you for asking. I am not really comfortable talking about my self. and by the way my name is Tina. sorry. :D

No need to apologize, Tina! I know what you mean about talking about yourself. I had to learn do that while working as a paralegal to a criminal defense attorney. I found that sharing some things about myself with clients and witnesses made it much easier for them to talk to me. I was painfully shy as a child, and it was difficult at first. I'm still probably the world's most unimpressive person at a job interview!

Hi Tina,
Welcome to Chazhound Forums!
and I thought I was busy..... I have a sheltie too!

Chazhound

Hi Peacekeeper,

My neighbor has a sheltie. THEY ARE SO CUTE! Be sure to post a picture when the baby ;) is born, please.
I'm almost twele, just have to wait 'til August. :(

WELCOME TO CHAZHOUND,again!

Monie

Hi soccerwoofer,

Are baby is here ( born Jan, 29, my Birthday yea!) but we will not get her until March 25, and I will post her picture as soon as I can. We took Pictures but they did not come out as well as I would have liked them to be, but I am sure you know how that can be. I can hardly wait until then, Thanks for asking.

Peacekeeper

Happy... Belated Birthday! That's okay, thanks for trying. I definatly know what that is like. Luke can't stay still for one picture unless someone holds him. :rolleyes: He's getting better though.

Hi, Peacekeeper,

We're waiting for another baby, too. Ours was born January 19, and we'll be picking her up right after the first week in March. Hard to wait, isn't it?

Renee

Judy, at Defender Filas, e-mailed me some new pics of the fawn female we're bringing home with us (hope I'm not jinxing anything by talking about it), and I've left the photos on the computer screen, just scrolling through the slide show. This new batch of pics was taken February 18, when Kharma (that will be her name) was just a day shy of being a month old. Problem is, when I go to her website and look at all the puppies, I want to bring home one of the little brindle girls, too! Unfortunately, we just can't afford two at once, and having littermates gang up on him would probably be way too much to ask poor Bimmer to put up with!

Hi, Just a little up date on our new little girl, 2 more weeks and we get to go and get her I can't wait !!! The only thing is we can't come up with a name! any Idea's???

Thanks Peacekeeper

Sometimes you just have to wait and get to know your puppy. They may have some characteristic that gives you the right name. My Mom's little terrier is Katie, because when something happened, it always turned out "Katie did it!" O'Riley, our blind Aussie, is O'Riley because he uses "Radar" to find his way around (remember M.A.S.H.?). Shiva (Charlie picked the name) is the Hindu deity of Destruction. Oh, she certainly does her best to live up to THAT name! Buffy, our first Fila, was light fawn, very lovely and melancholy, serious about her work - Charlie named her after Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Bimmer is sleek, fast, mostly German (Shepherd), and well-mannered, but with the potential to be devastatingly aggressive under some circumstances, and I brought him home in the BMW. It just seemed to fit him. You get the idea. Don't worry, you'll come up with the perfect name for your new baby.

Last edited:
Hi Renee750il,

Thank you, like you I want to wait and see how she acts ( ie: goofy,mellow ) you get the idea. I just hope the older Sheltie will like her, I got her as a playmate for him. Just to let you know my daughter has 14 names already lol.I will post her picture as soon as I get the chance to take her and scooter's (older sheltie's name ) picture.

Thanks Peacekeeper

I'm having to wait to pick Kharma up from Defender, as Shiva's still got the stitches in her hide and those prickly little bits of nylon sticking out would be irresistable to a puppy. I had to snip the stay stitches and pull the drainage tube out last night. THAT was interesting! We still don't know how she managed to cut herself like that.

Hi Renee,
I hope your dog is doing ok! I am sorry to hear that she hurt her self, I hope she heals fast so she is back to her self.

Peacekeeper
P.s. 9 more days till we get our Baby and counting.

Shiva's mending quickly. I had to snip the stitches holding the drainage tube in and pull the tube out. That was a circus! It will probably be the end of the week before we take her to have her stitches out, though, because the wound area is so large and the skin is so loose. We've had to put off picking up Kharma while Shiva heals (waaah) because I just felt that all those little purple nylon stitch ends and shiny staples would be too much temptation for a baby puppy to resist, not to mention that tube sticking out at the bottom. Can you imagine?

Hallelujah! Shiva's finally showing some interest in moving the cows around. She'll move the calves, but she's still a bit wary of the big cows. And she can't do anything at all with Calypso; he's not buying her BS, as he's spent some quality time chasing her for fun. I think Buffy just spoiled us, as by the time she was 4 months old, we couldn't keep her from herding the cows. The experts say you're not supposed to let these dogs be around cattle until they're 7 months old, but it was completely impossible to keep Buffy away from them. She would find a way to get to the cows no matter what. Shiva followed the 7 month rule; she wanted nothing to do with them until she was 7 months old - almost to the day. She's even beginning to show just a little bit of aversion to strangers, although I think she'll always be a sucker for baby talk and attention unless someone just gives her the creeps.

Bimmer's a 4 year old German Shepherd/wolf mix (small percentage of wolf) and Shiva's a Fila Brasileiro - 7 1/2 months old and well over 100 pounds right now. We're planning on picking up Kharma either this weekend or the first of the week; she's another "little" Fila baby, only 9 weeks old. And I can't leave out the pet bull (yes, that's bUll) Calypso.

Members online

No members online now.