Chemo...is it suppose to do this???

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I'm going to schedule her surgery Wednesday (which is tomorrow). He said he would schedule it as soon as possible (as early as Monday of next week she could be going in).

bubbatd

We'll be there for you and here too!!! You're doing the right thing for her....bless you ( and her )

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I know I'm doing what is best for her, to give her the longest life with the least amount of pain I can. I'm just nervous, I wish it didn't have to be done. I feel so bad thinking she was a bad dog when we first got her and she went through her aggression issues, when it wasn't the real Shelby. She couldn't help but be aggressive because of the pain she was in. I am so glad she didn't go to the shelter because they wouldn't have found this out until it was too late, if they found it out at all. The shelter is being great, I really appreciate the help and support they are giving us. I'm am so nervous about scheduling her to go in to the vets, when she goes in for surgery I am not going to leave the vet clinic until I'm sure she's ok. I already found someone to babysit my daughter for a few days and I am going to sit in that vet clinic for days if I have to!

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I figured out how to put pictures in my post so I'll add a pic of Shelby on here for you guys. She's being so sweet, I'm just so upset about this and she's the one that should be upset.

I just lit a candle for sweet Shelby in hoping all went well today. I need to know how the sweet girl did. Waiting and wondering. She's such a sweet girl....

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
She's going in Tuesday morning. I already told the clinic I plan to stay there until I'm sure she's ok. I know I'll be spending A LOT of time with her while she's recovering. I hope she doesn't spend too too much time in the vets after the surgery. I'll be anxious to get her home and nurse her back to health.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I'm sure that will make her happy. Thanks! For some reason since all this started she has attached herself to my side and has never left me once. She's like my shadow now.

Saje

Island dweller
Awww. You are just awesome Julie. Really. I'm really impressed. Not everyone would do that for their dog.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Well I figured we have to try. She is a really great dog and she enjoys as much as a happy and pain free life as she can get.

bubbatd

She knows you're concerned and she's worried about you ! Bless these wonderful fuzzy friends.....such a sweet face !

Barb04

Super Moderator
juliefurry said:
I figured out how to put pictures in my post so I'll add a pic of Shelby on here for you guys. She's being so sweet, I'm just so upset about this and she's the one that should be upset.

Julie, I will be praying for Shelby that her surgery goes well and her recovery goes well too. She's a beautiful dog. My heart goes out to you; I know how much you'll be worrying until she's had her surgery and back home again. Doggie hugs and kisses from all of mine to Shelby.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Thanks! I sure appreciate it. My hubby and I have been a little testy with each other with all of Shelby's stuff going on. I haven't had anybody to talk to and vent lately. He's just SO worried about her and so am I and we know she has to get this surgery and then it's like "where's the money gonna come from?" So luckily the vet is SUPER cool and he's gonna do the payments with no interest but it's like still it'll take us like a year to pay off this surgery and then any future chemo or anything else she'll need. I'm just so glad that we found this vet and he's SO cool. Now, if only I could get my hubby to talk to me I'd be ALL set. I'm gonna try and talk to him when he comes home from work tonight, I think I have to start talking to him about something other than the dogs maybe than we both won't jump down each other's throats.

She is gorgeous! I will keep her in my prayers for a quick & speedy recovery with full remission!

Your hubby sounds like a wonderful, caring man who shows his concern with actions rather than words. My hubby was like that too - when he was really worried about something he wasn't a person who would talk about it and could get really testy at times over the littlest things when he had something else heavy on his heart. People have different ways of dealing with their worries. We are here for you to talk to whenever you need a shoulder.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Well we did talk to each other. I was surprised he actually talked about Shelby. I was just hoping to talk about ANYTHING. He's just SO worried about her and he doesn't know how to express his fears and everything.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Glad you both were able to have a talk. The stress of worrying about Shelby is sure to make both of you on edge about everything.

bubbatd

Awww......that's another side of men !!! You all need a 3 way hug. Hopefully he will cry too!

Members online