Baby Cakes

Mitzi Gaynor is my Baby Cakes Boston Terrior who loved school since
puppy kindergarden. We also have a Pit Bull name Angel found abused
in a park. Then our 13 desert tortoise I've had my whole life and a red
factor canary name Peppi.

Hi and Welcome! It takes a special kind of person to take on an abused Pit Bull. They can be such sweet and loving dogs, but you never know what you're getting into with an animal who has been the victim of cruelty, and Pits are such strong, athletic animals. Good for you! I'm sure Angel has returned your love and affection many times over.

Hope you post photos of Angle and Mitzi and your tortoise and Peppi. I've never seen a red factor canary.

Hi Betty,
Welcome to Chazhound Forums!

You sure have a lot of critters. I don't know what my dogs would do if they saw a desert tortoise, especially 13 of them :)

Chazhound

Mitzi Baby Cakes birthday is May 30. She will be 8.
She learned commands with hand signals, as taught in movies.
To bad we don't live in an area for further advancement. She love's school.
We live in San Bernardino and half our neighborhood burned down from the big fire.
I'm author of two California Desert books, and a member of the Humane Society of
the United States.
Angel our pit Bull is now about 8 month's old. and thinks Mitzi is her mother.

Renee750il said:
Hi and Welcome! It takes a special kind of person to take on an abused Pit Bull. They can be such sweet and loving dogs, but you never know what you're getting into with an animal who has been the victim of cruelty, and Pits are such strong, athletic animals. Good for you! I'm sure Angel has returned your love and affection many times over.

Hope you post photos of Angle and Mitzi and your tortoise and Peppi. I've never seen a red factor canary.
Hi Renee,
Angel was about 6 month's old with severe dog bites when we found her. Then when
we had her spade, she began hemoraging that night and had to be taken to Animal
emergency. Our vet said she would pay for the whole thing. The surgery was
performed by another vet because our own long time vet had accidently cut off her
thumb.
Angel was wrapped in a red and green tournequet when we brought her home for
Christmas.
The tortoise, you know can suck in their feet and tail, and swallow their head, as an
old friend once told me.

chazhound said:
Hi Betty,
Welcome to Chazhound Forums!

You sure have a lot of critters. I don't know what my dogs would do if they saw a desert tortoise, especially 13 of them :)

Chazhound
Fish and Game here in California informed me they once had a tortoise that was 140
year's old, and it was accidently killed. Is there someone 140 year's old working there?
(kidding).
But, I'm sort of stuck with them, thanks to my grandfather since they are off springs
from his old desert tortoise he had since 1929.
During our big fire Oct 25 in San Bernardino we took our animals to the airport shelter
where they were well taken care of.
The dog's seem to understand everything. But I was the only one there with tortoise.
One humane officer asked, "exactly what kind of tortoise are these?"
I told her, "California Gopher Tortoise."
The other humane officer said, "oh my gosh, they eat gophers?"
Tortoise, you know, have no teeth, or ears.

Poor Angel; she's really had the works thrown at her already, hasn't she. Hopefully the rest of her life will be uneventful. I know you will make it happy, whatever comes her way.

I grew up in the Bay Area, and I remember seeing all the yearly fires on the local news. Occasionally we had one, but never like the south. I'm so relieved to know there are shelters set up for the animals; you never hear about that on the news.

When we moved east, we ended up with a terrapin that my uncle had rescued from a four lane highway. We named him Ichabod, after Ichabod Crane since he gave the appearance of having no head when he pulled it in and closed his shell, and face it, being a terrapin, well, unless you're another terrapin, that's kind of an "icky bod." Ichabod lived in our strawberry garden until he wandered off, presumably with or in search of a mate.

Angel got a raw deal just before Christmas when she was spayed. Our vet had
accidently cut off her thumb, a raw deal for her, too. They brought in another
surgeon to fix Angel our little sweet pit Bull about 6 month's old then.
The next morning I found a puddle of blood on my bed, and Angel was hemoraging.
Our vet told us to take her to Animal Emergency and she would pay for it. Angel
spent the day before Christmas in the hospital.
They wrapped her in a red and green tourniquet when she came home. Everyone
thought she was dressed for Christmas. When she watched Mitzi open presents
she caught on fast, she had present's, too, and knew they were hers.

Here come's Buddy

soccerwoofer said:
Hi Betty,

Wow! You have a lot of pets.

WELCOME TO CHAZHOUND!
Buddy that scrappy little chihuahua from across the street is here every
morning like he's going to chew me, Mitzi and Angel up. He's the size of
a peanut and scares my two dogs.
Figure this out, when I go in his house, he wants me to pick him up. Then
I'm his long lost friend. He sure is cute.

I have a friend who had a little Pug. I used to visit her quite a lot when she lived nearby, and Pugs was always thrilled to see me, bringing me toys, his blanket, squirming his way into my lap, etc. The only problem with his behavior was that when I would start to go OUT of the door, he would attack my feet, growling and biting at them and getting between me and the door. What a funny little dog he was!

Members online