What breed

F

FaceZ Of DeaTh

I am getting a new dog. I wanted a strong exotic guard dog. I have narrowed it down to either a bovier des flanders or a standard schnauzer after extensive research. Before i make a 13 year comitment to a large dog does anyone know any more down sides to one of the breeds to help me make a final decision.

RD

Are you dead yet?
OK, if it's not being too intrusive, don't you have a BABY rottie mix already? I'm not telling you NOT to get a new dog, but if you get another pup now, not only will your new pup be completely wrapped up in loving your other pup, but they BOTH will prefer each other's company to yours.
Besides that, your rottie/ACD mix will gladly guard your house. ;)

Bouviers and Giant Schnauzers are generally VERY dominant breeds, they require a lot of exercise and training and LOTS of socializing.

F

FaceZ Of DeaTh

i can control dominating dogs my mini poodle isnt realy mine. my parents said i can get a third dog becuz i have big yard and all i do is play with my dogs. i am goanna get 1 i just need ur opinion on which breed

RD

Are you dead yet?
I don't think you get my point.
If you get another dog now, they aren't going to WANT to play with you, unless you keep them strictly separated (which I'm doing with my Papillon and Border collie, and it's a pain in the butt and I always feel guilty that I'm giving one less attention than the other) They are going to want to play with EACH OTHER because two young dogs raised with one another will bond like glue to each other, and you will feel like the 'outsider'.

Why don't you just give your female pup a chance? What is she, 4 months? 5? NO dog is going to guard its territory zealously at 5 months old.

F

FaceZ Of DeaTh

I want them to play with each other. And i have already ahd dominating dogs so dont say that.

RD

Are you dead yet?
You have dominant dogs. Give me a BREAK.

What happened to your thread with your puppy urinating submissively? That is NOT A DOMINANT DOG. (NO pup that I've ever seen submissively urinate has ever been a dominant dog)
If you think that's dominance, you haven't SEEN dominance, and if you get a smart, alpha-breed like a Scnauzer or a Bouv, you're gonna have BIG problems.

You should read up, talk to trainers, talk to breeders, and RESEARCH for a few MONTHS, not weeks, on dogs in general, because, not to be rude, you don't know much about them. And to have a guard dog, you need to know a lot about them.

I'm sorry to be mean, but you seem to have an unnatural obsession with guard dogs and dogs that bite, and if I were a breeder I wouldn't feel comfortable selling you one of my pups or grown dogs.

pitbulliest

You want them to play with each other? I don't wanna be rude but how old are you? You are coming about as a very immature and inexperienced individual to me...according to your posts anyways..if you have one dog..and it already seems like this dog is a large breed...that should be more than enough for you..focus on just this one dog...exercise it properly..feed it the right food..do alot of research on the breed...it seems like you've already gotten bored of your pet and are looking to a new one.. I find this as irresponsible ownership..and I'm surprised your parents are letting you do as you please...allowing you to get a new dog and all..

Please be a responsible and knowledgeable owner by first educating yourself on the dog you already have. You have posted some extremely uneducated and naive comments on this board which are strictly telling me that you probably weren't even ready for the dog you currently have...you don't need another pet...unless you want to cause yourself, your parents..and most importantly the dogs..alot of trouble..

My personal comments here come from what I've noticed in your posts...I don't want you to be offended...but instead..seriously think about what you're doing..my sole purpose of being in any dog related forum is to educate myself, educate people..and ensure the best outcome for both owner and especially..pet..

*Steps off soapbox*

Why is it everyone can post what's on their mind but I cannot, even when my post is MUCH helpful??? Why is my photos removed from my upload that were there all year, and why can't I contact Chazhound through email???????? WHAT IS GOING ON???

F

FaceZ Of DeaTh

Hey due i wnat my dogs to play with each other you know why? Because they can keep each other company when i am home. My dad is a border agent and he handles dogs. He knows a lot more than you. You guys are so rude. i come here to asks questions because i dont live with my dad any mroe after the divorce. i ned help and all you guys do is critisize me and call me inexpreienced. you guys dont have any reason behind your statements you just insult me

Can I suggest not buying one and adopting one..IF your going to get one. That way you will be saving a life and not buying one. But I think you should go with a different breed. Do a little more research. Have you went to http://animal.discovery.com and took the dog breed quiz?

FOD, that's interesting that your Dad is a border agent. What kind of dogs does he get to work with?

Have you given any thought to maybe getting your Dad to look at dogs with you? He might have some very good advice for you, especially if the dog will be living at your home with him when you're at your other home.

pitbulliest

FaceZ Of DeaTh said:
Hey due i wnat my dogs to play with each other you know why? Because they can keep each other company when i am home. My dad is a border agent and he handles dogs. He knows a lot more than you. You guys are so rude. i come here to asks questions because i dont live with my dad any mroe after the divorce. i ned help and all you guys do is critisize me and call me inexpreienced. you guys dont have any reason behind your statements you just insult me
I really don't care how much your dad knows or who he is...you don't know my background on dogs now do you?...I'm simply commenting on your posts...you've made some rude comments..and have definately gotten off on the wrong foot as far as I know...I'm not trying to insult you..I'm trying to make sure that another dog in this world doesn't end up in the wrong hands because their owner didn't know enough about the breed or dogs in general to begin with...you need to do more research according to your uninformed questions..I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks so either...If you want your dogs to keep each other company because you aren't there..then why didn't you think of this when you got your first dog in the first place? Did you even make sure you'll have enough time to spend with the dog? Getting another animal isn't the right solution..it's a quick fix..and you don't even know if the dogs will get along together..what if they don't? Do you have TWO seperate backyards or rooms to keep the dogs apart in case that happens? ONE dog is a huge responsibility if you want to raise it and take care of it properly so that it is healthy, happy, and most importantly, well trained and socialized...

DO..MORE..RESEARCH..................PLEASE..

F

FaceZ Of DeaTh

also to tell you guys the truth i was just pretending to i was goanna get a giant schnauzer because i want one when i grow up. I just wnated to see what you guys would say about the breed.

:confused: Kiddo, why don't you play it straight with us? We're actually willing to like you and talk to you, but no one feels good about talking to someone they can't trust to be telling the truth.

So, how about it? Start being straight-up, okay? ;)

RD

Are you dead yet?
FaceZ Of DeaTh said:
Because of your uneducated posts in the past, people DO judge your knowledge and call you inexperienced.
I'm sorry if I was wrong about how much you know about dogs, maybe you should start sharing your knowledge in your posts in the future. :)

The reason it's hard for us to really help you on this particular question is that all you said was that you wanted a guard dog. If you had said something different, like, I want a laid-back protective dog that will be able to be left home alone for a few hours a day, people would be able to help you better.

F

FaceZ Of DeaTh

i am telling the truth you ??????. You wanna meat him you a//////. My sister is a lawyer and my mom is a janitor. i live in ny dude. i think u r a lier.

Brattina88

Kiddo, why don't you play it straight with us? We're actually willing to like you and talk to you, but no one feels good about talking to someone they can't trust to be telling the truth.
It's really hard to tell if one's being serious, just kidding, or not :::
also to tell you guys the truth I was just pretending to I was goanna get a giant schnauzer because i want one when i grow up. I just wnated to see what you guys would say about the breed.
You lead us to believe you were going to get another dog Now. What other kind of a response did you expect?? If you would've said that's the kind of dog you were going to get when you're older we'd probably encourage you to do as much research as you can and give you advice, but instead you mislead us. I'm sorry if you thought we're being mean, but that's what you get for tricking us.
FaceZ Of DeaTh said:
i am telling the truth you ??????.
I can't even understand what this is supposed to mean, but if it means what I think it means You Lied Before, how can we tell when you're not??
You wanna meat him you a//////.
Don't Ever Talk About Anyone On This Forum Like That Again. Unless I Missed Some Threads We Have NEVER Called You Names Like This Or Put You Down For No Good Reason. It Does Make You Sound Very Imature, And I Don't Know How You Could Expect Someone To Reply to This (or many other things you've wrote about how horrible certain breeds are and stuff) Nicely.

I'm willing forget everything you've said from this point on because its not fair you got off on the wrong foot, but you've got to write respectively from now on if you want to be respected.

(p.s - its meet, not meat. I don't think anyone wants to make meat out of him. Sorry, it was driving me bananers lol :eek: )

Members online