SERENA.....question for you..:) :)

Debi

I am making a turkey tomorrow. I see where you posted about feeding your dogs raw turkey meat. This is a stupid question....but is it ok to feed raw meat ONLY if you know it to be organic? Is there a risk to feeding raw meat from the local grocery store? I was thinking I'd pluck something off for my pups prior to cooking. AND.......is it best to be raw, and not cooked??? I am going to try and check out more about nutrition. I have limited time..so that's why I need you to help me sort this out. :rolleyes:

I am a major novice...DUH..I think you know that. But... I've heard things about raw meat that don't sound healthy. Is is different for dogs? Don't know if I'm even being clear here. :) Like...is raw meat ok for dogs like raw eggs are (when they aren't for people) I won't feed them the liver (which is sounding yukky now, but that was always MY favorite...cooked of course) But is it ok to give them the heart and gizzard?? And, maybe some of the turkey prior to cooking? I haven't been doing my own diet.....they still get.................hiding here ...to tell you.......kibble..but I buy good stuff. I am trying to give them better..but I am so the novice at even trying to do it all myself. I just read over this post, and I'm not sure I thought it was clear. geez. IF you understand anything .....I appreciate your input. I value your knowledge. :) I think I'm trying to ask if it would be better to cook meat for your pup???.........OH, I HAVE SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH TO LEARN. :eek:

Debi

Serena, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am guessing that raw bones opposed to cooked bones are better because they don't splinter?? I'm not a big bone giver.....we don't eat red meat, and I've always heard poultry bones were very dangerous. They've never had raw meat, and yes...I was wondering about the bacteria and such. I worry about just touching raw poultry!! At this point, I don't plan to feed the a raw diet...I have to learn and study ALOT. But, I thought if it were a yummy treat...I'd give them some. I'll just give a tiny bit...don't want any tummy problems. :D

Addie loves fruit. I'm thinking it's ok, but maybe not too much? She thinks cantalope is such a treat, oranges also......but I'm not sure about citrus being a bit harsh. (I have to quit thinking as if they are human babies! lol) :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.