Does Your Dog Do Any Tricks?

Does your dog do any tricks?
Mine can chase water from the water hose..
thats about all he can do except eat.

Chazhound

Bluedog

I have taught my dog the following tricks:
speak
back up
bow
shake
sit pretty (sit up on hind legs)
whirl
weave (through my legs)

he's a smart doggy

chazhound said:
Does your dog do any tricks?
Mine can chase water from the water hose..
thats about all he can do except eat.

Chazhound
I can't claim to have taught Bimmer any tricks, but he's always had the most charming habit: I look at him and ask him "Where are your manners?" and he either drops to the most perfect lay down, head erect, ears up, or he sits beautifully. I didn't teach him that, and I don't think anyone else did, as he was thrown out with his three siblings when he was about three months old. and I've had him since he was four and a half months old. I just asked him that one day when he was being rambunctions and needed to settle down and he did it. Shiva's learned to do it now from watching him. Of course, everyone thinks he is just the perfect gentleman, and mostly, he is. Shiva, however, is not and I don't expect she ever will be a perfect lady. She's a brat - a sweet, adorable, lovable, rollicking angel - but a brat, nonetheless.

"Go to work" is Bimmer's cue to herd the cows, and hopefully, Shiva will learn that as well.

They each have a different whistle to come to, but that gets amusing as there is a mockingbird that likes to tease the dogs, flitting to different places and whistling.

Lynn

Super Moderator
Wow, that is a smart dog. I wish my dog was that smart...
We have birds that attach our dog sometimes. He run because
he is scared of them :)

My Red female is just too smart at times. she know sit,stay,down stay, speak,huppp(up Jump up),heal in english, german and hand comands all these except the speak only cause i dont know that word. Bite, release, come here really good she will run to you pick up anything you want her to leash, Keys ,A can, my cell phone last week YIKES(quit crying mom it still rings so what if you cant see the last 2 numbers I saved it i tell ya).but the things she knows that are the funniest typical red clown she is .Is open the kitchen door ,open the puppy box let all the pups out so I can steal them from my daughter BellaDonna LOL, open the gate in the back yard when visitors are here so mom will have to let me in the front door so i can see my company(And you can not convince her other wise they are here for her enjoyment only. come on over and see if you can get her butt off your feet lol ) Oh yes Get my coller and put it on if you hold it open only if i know A we are going for a car ride or B i can show off how smart I am to you:) hold my own leash thank you and roll over if mom insists and has food in her hand.what will I come up with tomorrow mom shudders to think about it:)
Marcia Jasinski
[email protected] http://ourworld.cs.com/jkksdobermans/myhomepage/dog.html
owned by Angus(Latvia) Kleo(Russia), Ginger and BellaDonna (Plus her 9 new pups)

what doesnt this one do dobes too smart:)sometimes

My Red female is just too smart at times. she know sit,stay,down stay, speak,huppp(up Jump up),heal in english, german and hand comands all these except the speak only cause i dont know that word. Bite, release, come here really good she will run to you pick up anything you want her to leash, Keys ,A can, my cell phone last week YIKES(quit crying mom it still rings so what if you cant see the last 2 numbers I saved it i tell ya).but the things she knows that are the funniest typical red clown she is .Is open the kitchen door ,open the puppy box let all the pups out so I can steal them from my daughter BellaDonna LOL, open the gate in the back yard when visitors are here so mom will have to let me in the front door so i can see my company(And you can not convince her other wise they are here for her enjoyment only. come on over and see if you can get her butt off your feet lol ) Oh yes Get my coller and put it on if you hold it open only if i know A we are going for a car ride or B i can show off how smart I am to you:) hold my own leash thank you and roll over if mom insists and has food in her hand.what will I come up with tomorrow mom shudders to think about it:)
Marcia Jasinski
[email protected] http://ourworld.cs.com/jkksdobermans/myhomepage/dog.html
owned by Angus(Latvia) Kleo(Russia), Ginger and BellaDonna (Plus her 9 new pups)

Brattina88

Maddie knows sit, down, stay (in any position), roll over, play dead, shake, high five, hup (jump up), jump (over), off (get down), wait, shut it (she shuts doors, cabnets... anything I point and tell her to), back up, settle, leave it, bring it, spit it out, get a rope, and get her squirrel.
Her squirrel is her favorite toy that I can tell her to get and she'll pass up the ropes and the bones to get it. :) She's so smart... I hate to brag, (actually I love to brag about my dog!) but did I mention that it took me 4 mins to teach her to shake without ever doing it before and she does it every time she's asked :D

Brattina88

I thought Shelties were smart... our Nikki is, but she's old and arthritic so we don't ask her to sit or anything anymore. I'm sure your dogs are smart in their own way. Sometimes Maddie is too smart for her own good and she gets her self into trouble!

My Saluki Caspian just does the usual( sit, stay, lie down etc) but my collie Merlyn herds things. We don't live on a farm and he's never been taught to herd It's just instinct.
He herds Caspian my young cousins and any stray children he may see.
It's great because If my Saluki won't come back when we're out I just send Merlyn to fetch him. He's made walking a whole lot easier.
:D

Herding dogs are cool!
My shelties take turns herding each other. In the yard and in the house.

Chazhound

When my parents were keeping my sister's Jack Russell, Braec, their blind Austrialian Shepherd, O'Riley, made Braec furious by herding him. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

My dog finally learned how to shake hands... although I think he just likes it giggling his tummy.... :rolleyes:

Louie

Rylie knows how to say his "prayers" (roll over, cross front paws, look cute) and "make the puppy talk" (his stuffed animals) - My husband hates that trick because he's petrified Rylie will try to make all the birds "talk" during pheasant hunting season. He's never done that except once when my husband told him to "make the puppy talk".

mmslaman

Shasta will heel, come, down etc. She also knows "slow" where she'll slow down and step gingerly. She'll also go find her "bone". If we ignore her, she will pick the "bone" up and put it in our lap. If we ignore her further she will pick up the bone and throw it at us until we pay attention. When she feels like it she will pretend to be dumb, only when she's too lazy to be obedient.

Members online