Jack Russell Owner, New to This Forum

Hi, my name is Jett ( not my real name but a nickname). I am a 29 year old female from Illinois and I have an adorable Jack Russell Terrier named Wishbone. He is really cute!!! Like most Jacks, he loves to bark, dig, and is very loving and smart. If you want to know more about him, just let me know. I have a lot of stories to tell. If you also have a Jack or any other breed of dog and would like to chat about it, feel free to email me, pm me or leave a reply on this thread. Thanks! :)

welcome to the forums!! Wishbone is a cutie! we love all kind of dog breeds here, so tell us more about Wishbone!

Hey, Jett and Wishbone!

Post away! We're all about talking about our doggies here! Love the little JRTs. They're not really little dogs; they're compact dogs. Squooshed up tight inside those little bodies is a 90 pound whirlwind.

Yes he can be a little whirlwind. He will get very excited if he knows he is going somewhere with me or is getting a special treat. he can be pretty lazy and lays around a lot so he is pretty laid back for a Jack Russell. Just everybody that meets him loves him and I have had offers to sell him. He is a pretty good dog but of course not without his little quirks .He can be sneaky and bossy but I love him anyways. He is the joy of my life and a great pleasure to have around the house.Wouldn't trade him for the world!

Well I could go on but why tell everything and not leave anything for later?So I will close this for now. Be sure to tell me a little bit about your " babies".

Take care and thanks for welcoming me to this forum! :)

I love Jacks...never had one though..but I plan on getting one eventually.

I used to watch that "Wishbone" show when I was younger.

Jett29 said:
]

Well I could go on but why tell everything and not leave anything for later?So I will close this for now. Be sure to tell me a little bit about your " babies".

Take care and thanks for welcoming me to this forum! :)
(ROFL) Oh, there are stories about my Monsters all over this forum! They're constantly into something, especially Shiva. Even when she was a "little" pup of only 70 pounds or so, she was a real handful and just bursting with energy. I've remarked that she was really a Jack Russell on some kickin' steroids instead of a Fila! You haven't lived until you've had a 130 + pound puppy jumping and dancing around you on her hind legs . . .

Wishbone loves to get into things, too. I don't ever dare leave anything laying around or he will get it. He is sneaky (as I said before) and I often don't catch him. I often don't know he has stolen until I am cleaning out under the bed and find things like food wrappers, chewed up pens, and underwear.

That little sneak!!

Say hi to Shiva for me... she looks like one big oversized baby. And she jumps around because she must be a very happy dog!( I wish I had that much energy!) .

Thanks for telling me about her, I will be posting more about Wishbone as soon as I get more familiar with this forum.

flyndog

Dogs Made Easy!
Hi, Jett! I don't get over here much, so I'm catching up on my welcomes. The more terrier, the more the merrier I say!
Kit

I agree the more terrier the merrier. A few weeks ago I was at a yard sale and these people had a 10 week old yorkie. It was the tiniest dog I have ever seen.. I held him and he could not have weighed more than a few ounces. He was really sweet and was giving me kisses.

I love the terrier personality. My Wishbone is a lively little guy but not as hyper as he used to be. He is 4 years old and beginning to settle with age. I think he naps a lot for a Jack Russell but when he gets his energy spurts ,watch out!! He minds much better with me than when my mom is babysitting him. She lets him get away with too much but Wishbone knows he has her trained ( terriers are great at training people). At my place I sometimes do catch him on the coffee table or I might find that a little waste basket has been emptied and the contents scattered but he does not do any of this right infront of me.

And he has this little bad habit that I can tell when he has done something he shouldn't. Last weekend, it rained a lot. Wishbone is housebroken but hates rain. I saw him just walking around with his ears back and tail behind his legs.

I ask him, " Wishbone have you been bad?" Later I end up finding a wet spot. That answers my question.

Stay tuned for more Wishbone stories. And thanks for the welcome!

That's so funny that he hides things! When I was four my parents got me a Toy Fox Terrier puppy. (That's what they called her, but looking back at her photos and her size, I think she was actually a Jack Russell.) Mickey would save little bits of food, find pieces of paper or filch foil out of the trash, wrap the food up and stick it under the refrigerator.

Kharma steals Shiva's toys, my shoes, and anything that catches her fancy and hides it in "nests" she's made all over the house. We still can't find the remotes to the DVD player or the home theatre system.

Shiva steals peanut butter every chance she gets. She knows how to unscrew the lid, and will eat as much as she wants, hide the jar and go back and finish it later.

Bimmer is my Good Boy. He tells on the girls when they're getting into too much trouble and sometimes just reads them the riot act himself. He also spends a lot of time with a worried look on his face!

Your dogs sound very sneaky and clever.. I am sure Wishbone would be very proud of them. Unlike Kharma ( what type of dog is Kharma, anyways?), Wishbone does not make nests all over the house. His favorite place is under the bed. His cage ( which I always keep open) is his second favorite place. He has not yet moved on to the big stuff like tv remotes.

Wishbone is also a peanut butter freak. I have never known a dog who can unscrew lids but I know dogs are much smarter than we give them credit for. And if they want something bad enough they will find ways to get to it. As big of a thief Wishbone is I am glad he is not tall enough to steal things from the kitchen counter. Is stealing from the counters an issue at your place? However if a chair is not pulled in he will be on the table in no time. I was over at my parent's house last week ( Wishy always goes with me) and my mom was busy clearing the table. I look around and I see Wishbone standing on a chair licking a plate clean. I yell at him and you should have seen him jump. He got his butt off there.. pronto.

Another thing, according to Wishbone anything that accidentally drops on the floor is HIS! He likes to watch me cook and watch me eat.. staring at me, just hoping and hoping.

Kharma and Shiva are both Fila Brasileiros - plenty tall enough to steal off the counters when they think they'll get by with it, which is most of the time. The top of the refrigerator is the only place safe . . . for now!

Shiva is so well mannered about everything else now that she's a year old, but she does love to help herself. And she's also figured out how to climb. She'll even scoot boxes over to wherever she needs something to stand on. I suspect that Kharma does it too, but she's much slicker than Shiva and I haven't caught her yet. ;p

In some ways, I am definately owned by a Jack Russell!!! But I am proud to be owned by him.

To Renee750il: I thought Wishbone was clever but I don't think he would ever come up with the idea of scooting boxes. As far as dogs, they are very good at copying each other's behavior.

My Wishbone does things at my mom's house he would not think of doing at my place. Then again he has two other dogs to learn from, a beagle mix and a rat terrier mix. Both are my parent's dogs.

Wishbone will sometimes mess in the house if the weather is bad ( he can't hold it forever but he does try). My parents dogs are also housebroken but they feel mistreated if my mom goes somewhere for more than an hour and they will leave a present on the floor to get even. One day my mom caught Wishbone hiking his leg on her bed. My mom now has gates on the bedroom doors to keep Wishbone and the other two dogs out.

Well I never caught him doing that here.. I swear. Plus my house does not smell like a dog, either so I know he has to be good.

My mom can't do any type of vacuuming if Wishbone is going to be over, either. She could ,but Wishbone will yap as soon as it comes out of the closet.It is on Wishbone's list of things that need to be destroyed. He chases it and attacks it. He yaps the whole time, too. He does not like things that make just as much noise as him, I guess.

The other day I took him out. He was being quiet then all of a sudden all hell breaks loose. He did his " I saw a squirrel so now I have to kill it" type of barking.

I look over across the street and the neighbor had taken out her lawn mower. Wishbone just stood there really stiff, with his tail in the air and he just barked furiously at it.

I told my mom about this and she said that if Wishbone was there she could picture him barking at the lawn mower and chasing it around the entire yard.

Members online

No members online now.