I'm angry

Saje

Island dweller
It is besides the point. The point was to share funny stories. It's a bonding experience. Getting drunk can be done and I don't know anyone who never has been. I used to think my mom never had been but my dad came clean! lol. In my story I told about being hung over. That is a part of it and I think kids know that. We aren't talking to a group of people who are so sheltered they don't know anything about drinking.

Saje

Island dweller
Squirtsmom, it's not that we don't get what you are saying. We do. And we feel for you. Really. You're family. Just because we don't think the thread was wrong doesn't mean we don't get it. Nobody meant to offend. It was a bit of fun we were having that hurt your unintentionally hurt your feelings and we're sorry about that.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
*raises hand*

Never been drunk and never plan to. I don't need to be drunk to have a good time, nor do I want to lower myself.

Again, never said anyone was sheltered either. I am allowed to have my opinions, thank you. :)

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I never thought something do frivolous would upset so many people... I apologise, but in actual fact the drinking wasn't the main point, It was the crazy adventures, I have simular ones when perfectly sober, but should I post them saying, "Hey I stole one of the trays from the college canteen today and slid downhill surfer style" You would all think I was insane... I have done this, but that is besides the point. Or chastise me for stealing :rolleyes:

I have never encouraged other people to drink, and in fact it was a bit of reminiscing for me as I am no long allowed to drink due to liver problems.

I guess some people are just more sheltered than others, and find things more offensive. *shrugs*

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
I guess some people are just more sheltered than others, and find things more offensive. *shrugs*
I am certainly not sheltered nor offended. You do what you want to have a good time, Louie! ;)

It's just the emphasis on being drunk to have a good time... doesn't seem like a good story to tell, really. But that is only my opinion. :)

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
bubby's parents

i wasnt talking about YOU saying anything about someone being sheltered, it was directed to someone else and i just forgot to put the name there.
i done forgot who said it, someone on here said kids should be shelterd from this sort of thing, i was directing it to them not you

sorry for the misunderstanding

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
am certainly not sheltered nor offended. You do what you want to have a good time, Louie!

It's just the emphasis on being drunk to have a good time... doesn't seem like a good story to tell, really. But that is only my opinion

^^^^ buddy's parents said^^^^

i agree

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I have never stated that you have to be drunk to have a good time... I have a fab time when perfectly sober, which is always nowadays... Thats not something I am willing to get into here. Anyway, I think we should credit these kids with a little bit of savvy.. I think skirting around the alcohol issue is more dangerous... Imagine getting to 18 or 21 whatever the case may be and being allowed to consume huge amounts of alcohol until you have alcoholic poisoning.. Now that's dangerous!

nancy2394

I didn't say anything about sheltering kids from anything.

It could be done in a more tasteful manner is my point. You want to educate kids about drinking? Don't tell them about how much fun you had while get wasted two years ago or whatever. I don't see anyone posting about how sick they were after getting knock-down drunk, guess that's not the "adventure" part of being drunk. I suppose that appears to be beside the point. Oh well.

I feel like I've hijacked, :eek: sorry, Squirtsmom. If you need a shoulder I am availlable via PM. I hope that you won't let one silly thread turn you away from what is otherwise a great group of dog lovers. :)
OOhh.. I wasn't directing my reply at you Nicole :D I was just using some of what you said as an example. I was just referring to people in general.

gaahh.. I read it wrong anyway.. just ignore me.. I think I'm missing a few brain cells tonight..lol.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
bubby's parents

i wasnt talking about YOU saying anything about someone being sheltered, it was directed to someone else and i just forgot to put the name there.
i done forgot who said it, someone on here said kids should be shelterd from this sort of thing, i was directing it to them not you

sorry for the misunderstanding
Oh, i didn't think you were talking about me.. i just took what you said and flew with it! ;)

No misunderstanding on my behalf.. my apologies if I came across as such to you.

Saje

Island dweller
Again, never said anyone was sheltered either. I am allowed to have my opinions, thank you. :)
And I never said that you said anyone was sheltered. Nor did I saw that you aren't allowed to have opinions. Now that we are clear about what we haven't been saying I'd like to add that getting drunk is by no means 'lowering yourself.' I UNDERSTAND this is your opinion but it seems to be implying that you are better than other people because you don't drink.

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
i didnt get that at all from him saje.
i am not taking up for anyone, i dont do that...
but i think you miss understood him

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
OOhh.. I wasn't directing my reply at you Nicole :D I was just using some of what you said as an example. I was just referring to people in general.
Didn't think you were, Nancy. As with Rabbits, I was just taking what you said and flying with it! :D

My comments are all generalized also. I certainly don't think any less of any Chazzers because they tend to get drunk (or whatever). Just stating my opinion and my stance.. that's all.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
You know what nvr mind...its not even worth it

Last edited:

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I'm glad to hear that you are staying, squirtsmom. I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. :( That must be so hard on you. I can understand how you felt when you read the thread.
I'm one of the teen members here and I didn't feel influenced at all by the other thread. Drinking is a reality of life for a lot of people, but no one was making light of drunk driving. I'm very sorry that you were offended. it was not intentional. :)

The emphasis never was on having to be drunk to have a good time . . . it was on the foolish, silly, embarrassing things we've gotten ourselves into from time to time. These just happened to be things that went awry when someone overindulged. There's another whole thread or two about the embarrassing situations we've found ourselves in, sans alcohol.

I understand why Squirt's saw red, and I don't fault her for it, and I am glad she was comfortable enough to say something and that she does understand that there was no maliciousness in those posts.

And you all know me well enough by now to know that if I see someone being intentionally malicious I will see it stop.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
... I'd like to add that getting drunk is by no means 'lowering yourself.' I UNDERSTAND this is your opinion but it seems to be implying that you are better than other people because you don't drink.
Geez, Saje.

From my background, my family... the way I grew up and what I grew up in, drinking to the extent of getting drunk *I* consider to be lowering of oneself. That is my opinion. MY opinion.

Do I think any differently of any Chazzers because they drink? No. And I have said this. Stop jumping to conclusions about things that you apparently have no idea about.

By the way, I am female.. if that last post of yours was directed to my posts, Rabbits... ;)

Saje

Island dweller
Hey I wasn't just jumping to any conclusions I was just letting you know you might be offending some other members.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
If I offended anyone, I apologize... I have stated that my feelings were I regards to my background and not any Chazzers.

Members online

No members online now.