New Member... by accident I guess!

JRT_Rattie_Mom

Terrier Lover!
Hi all!

I am a new member to this list... and found it by "accident" while searching for information on dew claws. My husband and I have a Jack Russell Terrier, Lucy, that is 2 1/2 years old... and just recently (1 month ago) adopted a little Rat Terrier (14 weeks old) from a rescue organization. I had been considering adopting a dog from a rescue for over a year, but was worried about "double-trouble" if I did this! Our JRT, Lucy is so very good as far as JRT's go... but has alway had a way of "demanded attention" that... let's say I didn't want to duplicate, LOL!

We found our new Rat Terrier puppy at a rescue, and fell in love with her! Our JRT, Lucy took to Holly right away... and this match is just exactly what we had hoped for! Having Holly around to play with, Lucy is now very happy and content... and now never "demands" attention from us :) She is happy with the time we have to spend with her... and very willing to let Holly fill in the rest of the time... what a match made in heaven!!

Karen Goodale

Greetings, Karen!

My Mom has a little Rat Terrier, Katie, and for about a year and a half she took care of my sister's male Jack Russell, Braec. Those two played and hunted and thorougly enjoyed each other - and irritating Gracie, the cat. She still hasn't forgiven Katie. (lol) Katie's got such a sweet disposition that sometimes it's hard to believe she's a feisty little Terrier, until she hears a strange noise, that is.

Happy to have you here!

JRT_Rattie_Mom

Terrier Lover!
JRT's & Ratties

Thanks!
I never made it back to reply last night... got lost trying to add pictures of the girls... and wasn't sure I got them up, but had a message this morning that they were up I you haven't seen them! Yes, Holly is so quiet and sweet it is hard to believe she is a "terrier" ... and while our Lucy is very "sweet" she is terrier "terrorist" through and through, LOL! I do think JRT's and Ratties are such a prefect match!

Karen, Lucy & Holly :)

Renee750il said:
Greetings, Karen!

My Mom has a little Rat Terrier, Katie, and for about a year and a half she took care of my sister's male Jack Russell, Braec. Those two played and hunted and thorougly enjoyed each other - and irritating Gracie, the cat. She still hasn't forgiven Katie. (lol) Katie's got such a sweet disposition that sometimes it's hard to believe she's a feisty little Terrier, until she hears a strange noise, that is.

Happy to have you here!

JRT_Rattie_Mom

Terrier Lover!
Terrier Mom's :)

Thanks Kit!

What type of terrier do you have? I was trying to tell from the pictures.. but don't have a good guess! :)

Karen, Lucy & Holly

flyndog said:
Welcome, fellow terrier Mom!
Kit

JRT_Rattie_Mom

Terrier Lover!
Testing.... testing!

Just uploaded a picture and signature line... and want to see if they work! Love this kind of stuff... just not always very good at it!

JRT_Rattie_Mom

Terrier Lover!
LOL! Well it looks like neither of them work! I could see my "picture" showing when I added it, but had some sort of error message when I did the "save" button. Not sure what I did wrong! :confused:

JRT_Rattie_Mom said:
Just uploaded a picture and signature line... and want to see if they work! Love this kind of stuff... just not always very good at it!

Hey JRT Rattie MoM,
You can click on the 'user cp' on the menu bar and then click on the 'edit signature' link. In the edit signature box there should be an icon to on the little menu bar to assist you in adding a photo to your signature. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Chazhound

flyndog

Dogs Made Easy!
JRT Rattie Mom, (Karen? Lucy? or Holly? :) )
Cozy is a Yorkshire Terrier. People forget that Yorkies are terriers, but you can be sure she doesn't let ME forget! LOL For proof, I wanted add a larger image of the "Killed Me a Cow" image that is in my avatar to my post, but can't do it. Oh well. Terriers Rock!

JRT_Rattie_Mom

Terrier Lover!
flyndog Yorkies!

Karen is Mom :)

.... and I hope you will be able to see which is "Lucy & Holly" when I post this... just finally figured out that I'd put the photo in the "profile" area instead of the "avatar" area!

Now that you told me Cozy is a Yorkie I can tell it in several of the pictures! They just move by so fast, it is hard to get a good focus on them! My first dog (at 18 years old when I moved away from home) was a Yorkshire Terrier. My parents wouldn't allow us to have a dog when we were growing up, and my best friend had a Yorkie... and I wanted one SO bad! When I was finally able to shop for one the only available were from strange lady that had a house full of them. The puppies she had from the last litter were already 6 months old, and lived in a play pen. My Yorkie... Toby was such a sweet little guy... but because of his "strange first 6 months" he had some quirks that always stayed with him.. and eventually killed him at age 5 :mad: He HATED being confined to both the house, or a fenced yard.. and ran out the door every chance he got, or would dig under a fence. I had always been SO careful to make sure he didn't escape, but had gotten married, and had a new baby by the time Toby was 5 years old. One day I let him outside to go potty, and got busy with my daughter in the short time he was out, and he dug out of the fence in just 10 minutes, and was killed by a German Shepard dog on the next street over. I never really forgave myself for what happened to Toby... and went almost 20 years without getting another dog! :( I'm with you... Yorkies are PURE TERRIER... and poor Toby thought he was 12 feet tall! I think Toby was twice the terrier "terrorist" my JRT is!

flyndog said:
JRT Rattie Mom, (Karen? Lucy? or Holly?
Cozy is a Yorkshire Terrier. People forget that Yorkies are terriers, but you can be sure she doesn't let ME forget! LOL For proof, I wanted add a larger image of the "Killed Me a Cow" image that is in my avatar to my post, but can't do it. Oh well. Terriers Rock!

JRT_Rattie_Mom

Terrier Lover!
Photo problem solved!

Thanks Chazhound!

I finally figured out that I'd uploaded my photo to the "profile" area, instead of the "avatar" area! I'm always slow... but determined! :D

chazhound said:
Hey JRT Rattie MoM,
You can click on the 'user cp' on the menu bar and then click on the 'edit signature' link. In the edit signature box there should be an icon to on the little menu bar to assist you in adding a photo to your signature. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Chazhound

Members online