my dog and puppy!!

milo

Labrador lover!!!!!
hi there im getting a puppy soon and i was woundering if my dog would like anouther dog in the house as well as my cat but my mum said the dog (Milo) might not get on with the puppy (Lucky) due to my house is his territory and he might get very jelouse about the puppy getting lots of attention, Can anyone help me!!! or give advice. Thanks :D :D

milo

Labrador lover!!!!!
hi there

hi there thanks for the reply that really helped, i hope to hear from you again soon!!! :D

As your new puppy gets older, day by day, it will go a long way toward both dogs getting along if you will play with them together, getting them involved in games together. Make sure you've got a couple of toys that are long enough that they can each pull on an end, and stuff like that.

It will also help if you always ALWAYS remember to feed your first dog first, every single time.

It may take a few weeks for your dog to start paying attention to the new puppy, aside from snarling at it from time to time. Just as long as your dog doesn't try to actually hurt the puppy, try to stay out of it as much as possible. Make it clear that the puppy is there to stay, and encourage your dog to play with the puppy, but be patient. It took two weeks before Bimmer would pay any attention to Shiva other than trying to stay out of her reach and keeping her out of his food bowl, but once he started playing with her . . . We had the same thing with Bimmer and Kharma, but it didn't take quite as long, probably because she may have been more similar to her aunt/half sister Buffy, the love of his life.

Just be patient.

Debi

Yep, the rule is be patient!!! Addie is still not always happy with Hammie and it has been almost 6 months now! She just wants to know she is still top dog. She loved Hammie as a little pup, but as he has grown..there have been issues. Just always watch them together and don't allow anything too rough. Step in..make sure they know what is acceptable and what isn't. I bet they become wonderful friends. They say that dogs bond closer than they do with people. Don't know if that'll be true in my house...but everyday gets them a step closer to being good pals. :D

milo

Labrador lover!!!!!
hi thanks

hi there thanks for your reply and yer debi your right i will watch them and get involed, thanks for the help and i hope to hear from you very soon!!!!! :D

Bella

Skooter was 4 or 5 when we got Desi (under a year at the time). Desi brought out Skooter's inner puppy, and made him more playful.

Members online

No members online now.