My dog bites me!!

My 3 month APBT always bites me. This usuallly occurs when she gets really excited and starts to jump around and bite me every were. Sometimes she bites hard which bothers me since she is going to get older. I dont no if she just wants to play rough or she has a problem. Cali is a very good dog and she is well displined listens to my commands usually, but she improves every day. I am socializing her much as possible with everyone including relatives, kids and my friends. She loves other people and she is really friendly with other dogs but afraid of big ones, which causes her to run away.

Do you guys beleive this is rough play or a problem and do you guys think it will be a bigger problem in the future? Anyway to correct this problem or is it just normal?

jiggaman_321 said:
My 3 month APBT always bites me. This usuallly occurs when she gets really excited and starts to jump around and bite me every were. Sometimes she bites hard which bothers me since she is going to get older. I dont no if she just wants to play rough or she has a problem. Cali is a very good dog and she is well displined listens to my commands usually, but she improves every day. I am socializing her much as possible with everyone including relatives, kids and my friends. She loves other people and she is really friendly with other dogs but afraid of big ones, which causes her to run away.

Do you guys beleive this is rough play or a problem and do you guys think it will be a bigger problem in the future? Anyway to correct this problem or is it just normal?
hey! i think that ur dog is just having mabye like little fits. sumtimes if she bites u should grab her collar gently and tap her on the nose and firmly say bad " her name" and then if she licks u right after that, u praise her and give her a treat. well thats my advice! see ya! :D

Debi

Addie used to do that..and now Hammie does. I smack them on the nose...how hard depends on the biting...and say "NO BITE!" That's the one thing they both do know by now...NO BITE! Maybe they're playing..doesn't matter to me, I don't like it..so it has to stop. They can bite at each other all they want..just NOT ME. :D I do think sometimes they forget it's me and play as if I am another dog. OUCH!...NO!....lol

pitbulliest

Serena's advice is great and you should definately follow it. You don't want your Pittie having problems when its older since you know how everyone looks at this specific breed of dog *rolls eyes*.

Its good that you noticed it when the dog is still young so you can correct any unneccessary behavior from the start. Other than that, its a pup so don't forget to have tons of fun with the little guy too after you're done with the training session :D

Good Luck.

MEG126

my golden used to jump all over us and nip at us when we'd come into the backyard and we didn't consider it to be agressive, just playful, but regardless it had to stop. we'd go out in the yard and play with her and once she started to jump on us say "no" in a firm voice then go inside for 5 minutes or so and then come back outside and continue your task while ignoring your dog. if they jump again go back inside. after another 5 minutes has passed, play with them again. it worked! i would definitely suggest giving the ignoring technique a try! good luck!

Members online

No members online now.