Need Ideas for DURABLE puppy toys

hi,
I have an 8 month old golden retriever. She is teething, so she needs to chew alot. She is a power chewer, she will find the best spot on a toy or bone and chew, and chew, and chew. She finishes a nylabone or other bones in a few hours to 1-2 days. I dont know what to give her to chew on that will last for more than a few days. ive given her knotted cotton ropes, but she tore that aprt in a couple days and swallowed some of the fibers. Tennis ball toys are out. If she doesnt chew she will find somthing in the house to chew which i definately don't want.

What can i give her that will last and that she will not be able to tear off pieces and swallow them.

Any

milo

Labrador lover!!!!!
hi

hi there im getting a goldern lab puppy in just under 2 weeks time and iv'e already got the puppies farther as a pet but as i went to see him yesterday he was already teething and so tommorow im going to buy lots of chewy toys for him to chew on instead of my newish sofa!!lol any way good luck with your pup! i hope you write back soon!! :D oh and for your puppy why dont you try a plack attack its great for my dog he's nearly finished it but he's had it since last year!!! it only cost us £10 i hope that helped!! :D

I hope to hear from you soon!!

I found the perfect squeeky toy! It is a Cuz ball. Got mine at Petco. My 6 Viz have been playing with theirs for 2 weeks and it still squeeks and they still love it. Go for the small size because the med is good for only the bigger dogs. All my Vizsla friends are picking them up becase we go through toys fast and anything that squeeks is gone in about 15 min.
Bec

Julie H

Ripley Girl
My Chesapeake Bay Retriever is a huge chewer. The kong toys that you can put treats in or smear peanut butter on the inside keep her busy for hours and the toys last for her.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Shiner dog was a power chewer too... To her, there was nothin' better than a nylabone.. I always got the biggest size, and even with her iron grip, it would last her months before it would even start to get worn down.

bogolove

Renee750il said:
I can attest to the Orbee-tuff. Even Shiva the Great Destroyer hasn't destroyed hers, and they have an irresistable firm but delightfully squishy texture. You can see them at www.planetdog.com .

And they like them a lot too? I just gave Brady a Greenie for the first time, we had never tried them before, and I thought it would last a while, but he finished it in no time. I always get the biggest one of things, because he can tear through just about anything. At first he seemed like he would not like it and then he gave it a chance when I kept acting like I was interested in it and once he got started he didn't stop until the thing was gone. About ten minutes. :rolleyes:

Shiva and Kharma both love the Orbee-tuff bones. The only problem I have is that Kharma keeps stealing Shiva's and hiding both of them! Shiva whines and moves the couch and other furniture around until I find where Kharma's hidden them.

RD

Are you dead yet?
ROFLOL RENEE!

My dog can't even move a plastic lawn chair, much less all the furniture in the house!

I think Shiva could move the refrigerator if the notion found it's way into that big head of hers! We try not to give her any ideas - she has enough of her own - and she's very linear when she's working to accomplish something. It never occurs to her that any obstacle can stand in her way. She's a real example of the proverbial irresistable force. ;)

Members online