um,Is it bad if your dog thinks it's leash is a toy?

Funny

I don't know if its bad or not but I have a white blue healer who thinks its a game to she will grab the leash and spin in circles or pull on it. But I have taught her when I say no the play is over and its time to go for a walk. But I sure have to say It is guite a funny thing to see it makes you wonder who's walking who. :D

As long as Luke thinks his leash is for something fun its okay. Shiva thinks WE'RE toys when she's ready to play, which is any time she isn't eating or sleeping. Problem is, she won't be six months old until February 6 and she weighed 94 pounds last Saturday. She came running at me this morning and jumped up on me, knocked me backwards about two feet into the stove and literally out of my houseslippers! What a puppy!

Brattina88

Its not a bad thing, but your puppy has to know when to stop. If he doesn't stop like moonshine is saying, even after you teach him a little, then you have to make him stop completley. When your pup is full grown it won't be as funny when its important for him to walk good on a leash, believe me.

As Luke grows up he'll be more interested in all the scents and other new and interesting things outside than he is in tugging on his leash. Also, when you start training Luke to heel that will be part of what he learns. Just keep in mind that some puppies start doing things earlier than others, not necessarily because they're smarter, but because they are like we are - some just mature more quickly than others. I have to remember that with Shiva. Bimmer and Buffy never really had to be taught anything, they were dogs who matured very quickly and rarely had to be told anything more than once. Bimmer's part wolf, and if wolf puppies don't learn and remember their lessons quickly they don't survive. Buffy was, well, Buffy was just Buffy. I don't think she ever thought she was a puppy. Shiva's very much a baby and forgets sometimes, but that's part of her personality and it makes her very sweet. Luke sounds like he's a lot like that.

Members online

No members online now.