Which Dog is best for me?

BabyBoo

Sheba said:
get a rottwei....never mind about that one!get a black lab/golden retreiver/rottweiler!!!!!!!1My dog is that and she is soooo cute and sooooooooo nice.SHE DOESNT SHED!!! :)
Sorry for dragging this thread back out, but I just had to say WOW to that comment. I have a rotty/golden mix and she sheds more than any dog I've ever had. You could make another dog out of all her hair, lol.

From a pug owner

Pugs shed a ton, which can be reduced by daily/weekly grooming.
The are hyperactive puppies until about age 2, and then they are couch potatoes. They are very stubborn, especially when it comes to house-training. I would recommend puppy pre-school for a pug, because I didn't. :)
But Goliath is a nearly-perfect gentleman. However he needs constant human companionship. He tolerates being in a crate while I am at work, but in the morning when I am home, he is at my feet, when I am in the shower, he is laying outside the door. He sits under my arm when I am reading a book at night. If you get a pug you will be getting (in my biased opinion) one of the
best breeds EVER, and you will never, ever be alone.

pitbulliest

I suggest you do ALOT of research before you get a dog. Most dogs shed no matter what...and most dogs need AT LEAST one hour of exercise a day..you can't expect to keep a dog at home all day and then just take it out for a few minutes whenever you feel like it. Dogs are a huge responsibility. With any dog, you will need to pay vet bills whether its for vaccinations or if the dog may get sick.

Most dogs will bark at visitors, and most dogs will require you to spend some time training them so that they are well behaved..(never hit your dog by the way! I always have to tell this to people no matter who I'm talking to because I've seen it happen too often!)...

DO your research before you get a dog..or any pet for that matter..they need alot of love and attention..and aren't just a five minute toy you can toss aside when you get bored or have other things to do..they are always there and you always have to dedicate alot of time towards them so that they are healthy and happy..They become one of the family.

If you think you aren't ready for a dog, there are other pets you can consider...or maybe you just want to hold off for now. Make sure you plan ahead as well..are you going to be living somewhere else in a few years..will that place allow dogs? Are you going to have children in the future...don't let this allow you to shove your dog off to the side since it can cause behavior problems and jealousy if the dog was alone all this time...will you be working most hours of the day? If so you don't want a dog to sit at home by itself all day.... do you have enough money to afford a dog? There will be vet bills and food bills (Especially if you want to feed your dog a higher quality diet than just the grocery junk you can buy)..

Ask yourself all these questions..its a very big decision.

X

XxSydneyxX

I have a Bichon Frise....they are very loyal....but I dont know if they could take the heat because of their wool coats....just my opinion.. :)

Members online