my bicth has come.....

hi i was really bored so i thought i would tell you all that my bicth has just come into season and she has been really stressed typical women lol i want her to have puppies i think she will make a really good mum my dad wants her to aswell but my mum says no but she keeps sayin mabey so we might have pups running every where soon (finger crossed) lol she is a collie x english setter i will post a piccy in a mo and hope you all think she will make a good mum to lol zoe and jess xxxxxxx

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
She is gorgeous, and all grown up :D You can really see the setter in her :D

There are lots of risks with having puppies, it's not really a good idea for anyone to do it except a proper breeder.

Cost's LOTS of money too. And there is a chance of mum and puppies becoming ill, or even dying :(

And there are 100's and 100's of puppies and dogs in pounds and shelters, and put to sleep every day :(

Have a look in the breeding section, and there is LOADS of information in there about responsible breeding!

oh my..please dont..we have enough mixed breed dogs in this world :( Try going to your local pound and have a look at all the homeless mixed breed puppies, brought into this world by careless breeding...please dont add to the problem spay your girl, enjoy her as your pet.. there is absolutly no need to breed her, i know you love her, and shes very pretty, but please dont..take a look at this video please http://www.brightlion.com/inhope.aspx

hey thanks for the info we have been told the risks and everything guess how many puppies her mum had ............ she had 15 pups i was amazed at how many she had lol and i was soooo suprised that none of them died :) her mum gave birth ok not saying that jessie could give birth ok we still arnt sure weather we are or not we still have to make up our minds lol and if we are not letting her have pups then we are going to get her sparyed because i have looked up all the problems with them not being sprayed and they didnt look very nice :-( and my aunty used to breed so if we did have any probs then she would do it for use of help lol anyways thanx for the info zoe and jess xxxxxxxxxxxxx

LizzieCollie

Collie Crazy
Aw ok. If your going to get her sprayed you can do that at home, just turn on the hose and let her loose! Now if your going to get her SPAYED that will require a trip to the vets which Ihighly recommend because she is a mixed breed and there are enough mixed breeds in the world to intentionally produce more.

Try working for 1 day in a shelter, one day is all it will take for you to change your mind. One day of helping to euthanize dozens and dozens of animals, of seeing how by 12pm the bodies of dead dogs are piled all around the room and you will NEVER think about breeding irresponsibly again

LizzieCollie said:
Aw ok. If your going to get her sprayed you can do that at home, just turn on the hose and let her loose! Now if your going to get her SPAYED that will require a trip to the vets which Ihighly recommend because she is a mixed breed and there are enough mixed breeds in the world to intentionally produce more.
Actually she didn't say SPRAYED, she said SPARYED :p
But thats neither here nor there.............we all know what she meant to say. :)

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Please note people..

This is clearly a younger member, and therefore, needs to be treated appropriately.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Although your girl is beautiful, and i'm sure would make a great mother.

Dont breed her. Because she is a mix already, isn't a working farm dog, and doesn't have a "working class" purpose - ie. herding for example.

You would need to get her tested before a breeding, which is EXPENSIVE - Riot will go through that when hes old enough, I'm not looking forward to paying for it lol

There are soo many complications that can happen during a pregnacy and birth as well.

I know of a very well respected breeder over here that just lost his bitch due to infection in her nipple. It was unnoticed - she showed no signs.. the next day - gone. Very well known show bitch as well!!

Anyways, its not worth the risk. Spay her after her heat is over!

cowgurl6254

Herding dogs rock!!!
PLEASE don't breed her!!! I volunteered in a shelter for almost a year and I can tell you from experience that so many people bred their animals for the wrong reasons and the puppies ended up dying as a result. Your dog is not a purebred, and therefore has no need to reproduce. Please reconsider this....:(

LizzieCollie

Collie Crazy
Bailey+Ralph said:
Actually she didn't say SPRAYED, she said SPARYED :p
But thats neither here nor there.............we all know what she meant to say. :)
Lol, yea we do know what she meant. And I hope she takes our adviced and gets this bicth spayed, or sparyed or prayed or whatever you want to call it, just make sure she goes into that operation and comes out unable to breed!

My pup will NEVER be bred and she is a purebred. Weve got some aglity classes that will start in the near future and obedience which is going spectacular, maybe some herding which she definately has the instinct and drive for, but she will NOT be bred no matter how good she is! I personally cant stand to see a bitch in pain when shes welping, and the heartbreak of puppies dying, and I couldnt dream of something happening to her!

I fostered a pregnant bitch a while back (total mutt) and she was so tiny, it had been her first heat, her owners didnt bother to lock her up and she bred to a chihuahua (thank god no big dog). That girl was miserable from the day we got her, and even more miserable when she gave birth. She hated being a mother, and out of the four pups only one survived. It was horrible to watch her so depressed, she would actually hide from her baby. My moms Golden who was a pup (almost adolescent [ms?]) ended up taking care of her the most, she would play with her and carry her all over the house so at least that was a plus.

BUT you never know what may happen to your girl. What if she gives birth to as many puppies as her mom, and wont take care of them? Let me tell you bottle feeding 3 pups is hard work, feeding 15 pups is near impossible. What if she gets a puppy stuck and you (or your parents) dont realize it and she dies along with all the puppies.

I could never put my girl at such risk and I think if you love your girl (im sure you do) that you wont breed her and risk losing her

LizzieCollie

Collie Crazy
by the way, the list goes on and on. You can have a bitch that suddenly decides her pups will make a tasty treat and eat them up, or at least tear them to pieces.

There are so many risks and the only positive thing is that you get to have puppies. I dont think ONE reason is enough to put yourself and your beautiful pup at risk.

LizzieCollie said:
And I hope she takes our adviced and gets this bicth spayed, or sparyed or prayed or whatever you want to call it, just make sure she goes into that operation and comes out unable to breed!
While i agree with everything you say, i really think it's unfair to keep making a point of this Girls (i say girl b/c she seems very young) spelling mistakes.

As you can see we all make the odd mistake.

LizzieCollie said:
And I hope she takes our adviced and gets this bicth spayed, or sparyed or prayed or whatever you want to call it, just make sure she goes into that operation and comes out unable to breed!

Fran27

I agree, she's beautiful!

But think, what will you do with all the puppies? If she has 15 also, will you find good homes to all of them? Keep in mind that lots of dogs are killed in shelters every year because they were sold to people who treat them like objects, willing to abandon them for any reason... Do you really want your dogs to end up in shelter and being killed because nobody will want them?

Think again... Or just go to your local shelter to see all the cute dogs that need a home and realize that if you breed 10 mixes, 10 of those will probably be put to sleep.

Dizzy said:
She is gorgeous, and all grown up :D You can really see the setter in her :D

There are lots of risks with having puppies, it's not really a good idea for anyone to do it except a proper breeder.

Cost's LOTS of money too. And there is a chance of mum and puppies becoming ill, or even dying :(

And there are 100's and 100's of puppies and dogs in pounds and shelters, and put to sleep every day :(

Have a look in the breeding section, and there is LOADS of information in there about responsible breeding!
I agree! There is far too much that really goes into breeding. I recommend you have her spayed that would be the best for your girl.

LizzieCollie

Collie Crazy
Bailey+Ralph said:
While i agree with everything you say, i really think it's unfair to keep making a point of this Girls (i say girl b/c she seems very young) spelling mistakes.

As you can see we all make the odd mistake.
Yep point out that I hit the 'd' key by mistake in advice. At least I dont believe thats how its spelled, just a regular typo. I KNOW bred is not spelled bread, that breeding is not breading, which makes a huge difference

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
LizzieCollie said:
Yep point out that I hit the 'd' key by mistake in advice. At least I dont believe thats how its spelled, just a regular typo. I KNOW bred is not spelled bread, that breeding is not breading, which makes a huge difference

I fail to see what this has to do with this thread. If you would like to discuss proper grammar and correct spelling perhaps you could start your own thread on the subject.

To the OP, please don't breed your dog. You have been given plenty of information in this thread as to why it is a bad idea. I hope you make the right decision and get her spayed. She won't enjoy being pregnant and she won't enjoy having to nurse all the puppies. You don't want to make your girl unhappy :(

Tobysmom

Don't put your dog through it. Get her spayed instead. It would be very hard to find homes for so many mixed breed pups. Can you imagine how much it would cost you to have so many puppies vet checked and given their shots? And what if you can't find homes for all of them and you wind up with 10 or 12 growing puppies running around your house pooping and peeing everywhere, chewing on everything and making lots of noise all hours of the night keeping you and your parents awake.
Also with them being mixed breed pups you won't be able to charge much if anything for people to get one. Some of your pups might go to impulse buyers who haven't really thought about what its going to be like to have a dog. They just want a cute little cuddly puppy. As soon as it isn't so cute anymore they may just drop it off at a shelter, or worse, leave it beside a road somewhere.

Just some things to think about.
Also, check out this link:

http://www.dogstuff.info/to_breed_or_not.html

She's a lovely girl . . . and I hope you and she enjoy a long and happy life together and that you will go ahead and have her spayed after she's through this heat.

And I hope you will post more photos of her for us to enjoy!

By the way, I've got the same carpet in my living room . . . same color and everything :)

Members online

No members online now.