I am a vegetarian YAY ME

mrose_s

BusterLove
I went vegetarian on Monday, im so happy, and i feel so cheerful and useful.
Just thought ide let you no. Ive had a couple of cravings already, but nothing huge, Im so ... joy

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I'm pleased for you, if being a vegetarian is what makes you happy!! :D
Just make sure, you still get enough protein through nuts etc, so you will still be healthy!!

Congratulations!! I'm a vegetarian too. Make sure you eat things like nuts, eggs, and beans so you get enough protein.

Saje

Island dweller
Protein is not the main concern. If you eat two pieces of grainy bread with nut butter you got more than 15g of complementary protein. If you are still eating dairy there aren't a lot of dietary concerns except iron. Chickpeas have lots of iron. Do you like hummous? Here's a great link http://www.vegsoc.org/info/iron.html If you eat your iron source with some vitamin C it's absorbed better.

That site has a lot of excellent info. Also, you can get a free account at www.fitday.com you can get a general idea of where your nutrients are coming from.

Legumes and grains are also complementary proteins.

I have tons of recipes. And if you learn how to cook you will really enjoy a better variety.

Good luck!

PS Let me know what your cravings are and I'll try and help you out

Welcome to the dark side!! :D

I'm a veggie for moral reasons, so if I can find free-range meat from a small, locally owned farm, I'll buy it. But that happens rarely enough that I'm almost completely a veg head. My only advice is, don't ever eat beef again!! It's something to do with losing the enzymes needed to digest beef, but the last time I had it I was sick for two days!

Martine

Trained by an Airedale
Well done, I'm not veggie but my sister is and she cooks some wonderful meals, I love eating her food. I think if you go for it propertly it is a very good thing, I admire you for it. Good luck!!

oh and by the way mrose s i dont like you avatar AT ALL ()sorry just dont like the person who took the pic put a kitty in a toilet YUCK!!)

Last edited:
To be fair, my kitten spends a good portion of his day in the toilet. He drinks from, swims in, plays with, and watches the toilet pretty much constantly. He's bizarre.

Oh, I crave meat at times. Sometimes I can't help thinking of eating some, but it's just not possible for me to eat it anymore. There are plenty of vegetarian dishes I like....like vegetable lomaine and pumpkin pie.....mMmMmMm! *rubs stomach*

CreatureTeacher said:
To be fair, my kitten spends a good portion of his day in the toilet. He drinks from, swims in, plays with, and watches the toilet pretty much constantly. He's bizarre.
LOL!! My sister has two cats that're cousins (she adopted them). I think I remember her saying her cat looooves to watch the toilet flush and the water come out of the faucet.

Saje

Island dweller
Doglover I think you only need to tell Mrose that once if at all. Not everytime you see it. You may hurt her feelings.

mrose_s

BusterLove
its ok, ill change it anyway. NAh, thx for all the support.
My mum still cooks all my meals, she was vegatarian for 2 years so she rememebrs a heap of stuff. Shes gonna get me sum iron tablets, but any yum recipes would be great, Ill cook sum of them myself, but at the moment shes just changing the old ones so they fit for me.

For instance, the other night, we were having curried sausages, so instead of sausages in mine, i got beans, it was good to.
Yeah, i feel heaps healthier...

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I want to become a vegetarian not because I don't like meat, although I really don't, but because of the way they treat the animals that are raised for the meat. The only problems is my parents won't let me. They have threatened to force fead me the meat if I ever said I was a vegetarian. For now I have to follow their rules. ::sigh::
Good for you for becoming a vegetarian. Like the others have said, just make sure you stay healthy. :)

Members online

No members online now.