wind

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
once again i am living in a little house with a big hollow tree right outside, where if the wind knocks it down it will land directly on me..spplat. Sooooo if you don't hear from me at the end of this day..it will be all the landlord's fault. The other house had a limb that was about 40 ft long being held (only an elm could do this, their bark is so stringly and tuff) by a flap. I could see spaces between the shreds of bark. I had to trim it back from the ground so we could walk under it. I have pointed out to this landlord that the tree is over half dead (the half that hangs over my house) and that it is deffinatly hollow. I would think it cheaper to cut down then to rebuild this hobbit hole when it lands on it. There is so much untended to storm damage to these trees they barely have a chance. Wowwww it is getting intense out there!

Debi

YIKES, smkie...a dead tree hanging over the house is such a danger...what is your landlord thinking???? I freak out every storm season living here amongst so many trees...yet, when Dave mentions cutting some down, I feel bad..I'm always at war with myself. One day we were working out in the yard and it was windy when suddenly half of a split tree fell over onto Dave's truck. Another time (before we built the garage) a huge tree fell over missing both the truck and car by 6 ins. My fear isn't unfounded...some of these trees are truly ancient. I did pick a couple out that we can cut down...like you, I know these are actually getting hollowed out by ants. When we have thunder storms, I can't ever sleep.........yeah, I wonder how I love them so much now that I think about the trees! lol You flash that landlord your best smile...and insist that he do something.

avenlee

Smkie! geeeeesh what a horrible thing to live with. I'm sure there is somewhere that you can call in your community to claim that your landlord is NOT providing a safe environment for you (and which I am sure you pay for every month) Try doing a search under **landlord tenant law (your state)** this may bring up agencies to report such neglect. I'm not saying to report your landlord right away, but you can certaining gather information on your rights. I would think his Homeowner's Insurance alone would joggle his noggin to start thinking of doing something! (hehehehe joggle his noggin??? where did that come from? :D )

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
They cut the other tree down at the last house AFTER i had to move becuase the landlord went bankrupt..funny isn't? I was there for 2 years and that limb swung, creaked and groaned. I wouldn't sleep in my bedroom on stormy nights because it was right across...this landlord is pretty good guy, just needs a poke to get him going. I will call tomorrow..got to talk to him about our shared neighbordog problem anyway. Onyx bit his sheltie in her own yard and she had 4 deep punctures plus a vet trip. Animal control would not do anything for him because even tho his dog was walking right beside him (she follows him everywhere he goes) in his yard, his yard was not fenced and she was not on a leash. They did ticket Onyx for running loose, but that was all.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
ohhhh shreadhead your so funny! if you only knew the things i use to fantasize could happen to that shrivvelled up old nasty man and his ulgier than sin, snootier that all witch of a wife! i use to entertain myself that way! Best thing ever happened in that direction is I got the fire and got rid of them..tho it cost me everything! you really ought to make a cut out of your dog in wood..paint it..leave a space between the paws to insert hose...point it in their direction and leave it that way!

Tree go down make splat BADDD juju. I have some trees here one of the guys I work with is going to take down when I put up my fence this summer afew could hit the house. The Matanuska-Susitna Valley is bad for winds.

ThankyouThankyou, Blue, for reminding me of an expression I've always liked . . . bad juju . . . Guess we'd all better send Smkie some good juju - put the mojo on that tree to stay upright!

You know, maybe when we have Fila pups I will name a pair of them - ideally a brindle and a reverse brindle - Mojo and JuJu!

Not many kinds of dogs I would tag with names like that, but Filas are a good fit . . . and if it gives some of our neighbors the willies so much the better - especially the one who poisoned Buffy.

I used to know several people who were from the swamps in Louisianna and picked it up from them. I hadn't heard it since they moved. It's very evocative of what you're calling on.

avenlee

Mojo, that's so funny. My husband's last name use to be Moczydlowski (yeah, try saying that one 10 times fast and can you imagine fitting that signature in the little license signature box! :eek: ) until his parents legally changed it when Tony was around 12 yrs old. But everyone used to call his older brother Mojo and my husband Little Mojo.

Conversation just brought back memories. :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
what fun! Well it didn't fall so will live to play another day hurraaaay i made a rhyme
haha

Members online

No members online now.