Finding the perfect AKC registration name

Adrienne

So I am almost ready to send in Gunnar's AKC registration papers but I am having a difficult time coming up with a fantastic name to give him. My APBT Neva is registered with the ADBA as Adrienne's Crazy Calypso and I seriously wish I had put more thought into that one.
If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. I would like it to be something German since he is a GSD.
His parents names are:
Rio Zum Anderkin Vom Rex (dad)
Shepherds Lane Sassafras One (mom)

So if you can, help me pick an awesome name for my boy :)

Adrienne

Nope, I don't plan to breed him, he is a companion animal, but I will eventually be doing some shutzhund, agility, and possibly will show him if he is a showable dog. Obviously if he won some titles, there is a possiblility I would "lease" him as a stud service dog. I just don't have the room or the knowledge to start my own kennel at this point.

Adrienne

So I got to looking on the Internet at German names and I came up with:

Dieter Blaz Kasimir Vom Rex

Translation of:

Of a warrior race
Unwavering protector
The great destroyer
and then Vom Rex is his family name.

Let me know what you think please.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I like it too! Trying to remember my German from school! but that was a good few years ago! Certainly can't come up with anything better. But i'll keep thinking!

From personal experience - leave out the part that means "great destroyer." ;) They tend to live up to their names. I could gleefully strangle Charley every time Shiva the Great Destroyer lives up to hers! She's getting much better, but she was a real terror there for awhile, as you know if you've read some of her stories! :rolleyes:

thunder

I named my full bred western german shepard "Bruno Byrne Wolfgang" , which roughly translated as big bear and the last name was just german which I'm not sure what it means...LOL but he was a "Bubba" (bruno byrne=big bear).

thunder

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
me too! at the kennels we often tried to incorp the mother's and the sire's name as in Blitz and Bo's BB was Blitz and Bo's puppy..then the kennel name on the end.
If the sire was particularly popular we alway had his name somewhere in the new pup's eg.power pete..pistol pete..repete and so on. Made keeping track of everybody thru the generations easier..and kind of fun too.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Well my mum's dog has the best name! He's called: Fieldhouse Barleycorn the 2nd! Or Barley for short!

Members online

No members online now.