Anyone tried new Iams Savory Sauce

ANyone out there tried the new Iams savory sauce. I have my babies on a pretty routine feeding schedule. I feed them out of the same large pan - I've tried feeding them seperate but they end up eating from the same bowl anyway so I got one of those huge puppy feeding pans. I fill it w/4 cups of kibble & half a can of food apx 7:00 every morning and again at apx 5:00 every evening. Occasionally late at night they act as if they want a little more & if they've already finished off what was in their pan & regular treats (they know them as "cookies". You don't say the word cookie in my house with out them going CRAZY lol) don't satisfiy them then I will pour 1 more cup of kibble in their pan. I thought that sauce would be great to pour over it when I gave them that "late-night-snack". Well it makes them sick!! Really really sick. Apx 4-5 min after they eat one of them throws up (usually on my new carpet). It took me a few times to put 2&2 together but that's what it has to be. Naturally I've stopped using it but it makes me wonder if anyone else has that problem or if maybe they are alergic to it or something. I'm sure it's not just sensitive stomachs cause my mom has a BAD habit of slipping them table food when they come over for supper (which is usually a pretty big no-no in my house-the table food, not my parents coming over for supper lol) and that has never made them sick. Anyway, I was just wondering...anyone else have that problem??

I wouldn't TOUCH anything made by Iams/Eukanuba. Not only are their products very low quality (and they misrepresent them so terribly to dog owners), they have a terrible record of mistreating their lab animals. Not a single penny will I put in their pockets. It doesn't surprise me at all that the stuff made your dogs - or any dogs - ill.

I'd encourage you to send a nasty letter to the company along with a copy of your store receipt and tell them you want your money back - not coupons for more of their lousy products.

Pretty good idea - threw the receipt away though. Doesn't suprise me that it made them sick eithther now. Poor babies - I wish I knew that before.

Saje

Island dweller
I guess I'll post the link again even though it's been posted before and it's not pleasant. :eek:

http://www.iamscruelty.com/

I believe that most companies do those kinds of 'invasive' tests on animals unless they specifically say they don't (Innova and Eagle Pack say they don't - I haven't looked into others).

Mordy: (if you catch this thread)
I was wondering if you had ever considered adding to your site the brands that do and do not test on animals and the type of testing that they do. I emailed Innova (nutrapet) and asked them about their testing. They were more than happy to send me lots of documentation. And I think after the whole Iams scandal more people care about that and are concerned. Or should be (IMHO).

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
My uncle fed that stuff to his dog too once or twice and he got sick. His dog has a really sensitive stomach so it might have just been his stomach acting up. He basically did the same thing he threw up a few times after eating that stuff. :(

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Victor says yuck..but he says that about everything..Mary said yuck too..and she loves all food. that is their opinion. IT is still sitting in the cabinet 3/4 full
i am afraid i was a nutrition eejit..but i am learning. Now if i would just learn about myself i might feel better too!

BagelDog

Not crazy...
IAMS is high quality food actually, some of the best out there, theres no mistaking that, but they do test there products on animals the old fashioned way. All 4 of my dogs eat it, and its good food. I dont really have a problem with how they test their food and stuff. I hate animal abuse and all, but my dogs like IAMS, its good quality food, and me emailing IAMS isnt going to change anything, no matter how much you think your opinion counts. It a large company that just wants to make money, no matter what the cost. Ok, im off my soap box. This is just my opinion on their food, so you dont need to correct me or argue if you feel diffrentally, I already respect and hear your opinions as well.

Anything I add to my dogs regular food makes their stomach upset, but thats because their systems are so used to their regular food. But especially in puppies, I think adding anything new to their diet can make them sick to their stomach. I dont think its the sause specifically, as in if you added that gravy stuff to their food from another brand, it would do the same.

Saje

Island dweller
Iams is not a good product. It is full of by-products and fillers. The kind of 'meat' that goes into that is tumours and infected meat and anything not fit for human consumption. My bf worked for a slaughter house for a couple of weeks and was disgusted by what he had to cut off the animals and throw in the 'dog food bin'

If you look at this comparison you can see how it doesn't really compare to some quality products. http://www.naturapet.com/display.ph...imal=Dog&id1=1&id2=48&id3=1183&id4=&x=51&y=16

I could go on but I'll leave it at that for now.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
bagel dog - let's approach this topic from a different angle. do tell us why exactly you think that IAMS is such a great food. what sets it apart from other brands? what convinces you to an extent that you don't even want to look at better quality products?

BagelDog

Not crazy...
I feed my dogs what I feed my dogs. Im not going to go buy soy bean greenpeace dog food, cause I know if a feral dog is going around looking for food, its not going to go eat alfalfa sprouts over leftover animal parts. Chicken by-products are fine with me, and my four dogs. You think that a hungrey dog would'nt eat everything in a dead animal it found? You think wolves pick around the feet and organs of things they kill? Heck no. I think most organic dog foods are ridiculous. I told you that I dont want to argue. I know IAMS is good dog food. You opinion wont change mine, so dont try. Im not gonna argue about this anymore, Im done with this thread, so if you ask me any more questions on this particular thread, they shall go unanswered.
These are just my opinions, so be respectful of them as I will be to yours. Im not saying anyone else is wrong, I just think diffrentally of this.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I will never feed my dogs anything Iams its deaht in a bag in my opinion. Innova and Raw is what i stick to and the Savory Sauce i think is just anouther way for greedy people to make money not to give dogs better quality dog food. But hey thats just my opinion and its that stuff is shite.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
ok bagle dog, so you are basically saying you don't have any real reasons but you don't care either. not what i hoped for, but i can live with it.

i'm more concerned with people who actually care what goes into their dogs and want to know what's possibly best to avoid. :)

Khristine

I also do not like Iams/Eukanuba. in my opinion, the only reason dogs "like" it.. is because it is full of junk & fillers that aren't really healthy for a dog..

Agility23

you guys are idiots you read iams and Eukanuba arnt good on the net and off you go bashing it.

Iams and Eukanuba are extreamly high quality how do i know? cause my friend works in there factory and the stuff that goes into that food is very high quality stuff.

My dogs both eat iams and are extreamly healthy dogs.

The reason i think iams and Eukanuba is good food is because i have seen what goes into it my friends puts it in there. Im not just pretending im an expert because i read a website.

Saje

Island dweller
Please do not call the people here names. There is no tolerance for that. The people on this website have done a lot of research on dog food. Not from self-promoting websites.

I also know what goes into dog food. By-products are not organs, tissues, bones and muscle meat. Those are all excellent food for dogs and are also considered to be human quality. I've bought soup bones, hearts, liver, kidney and all kinds of things from my grocery store that are human quality and for my dogs. By-products are the things that aren't fit for human consumption. The pussy parts of meat that are cut off and tumours.

BagelDog, your tone is very argumentative and if you are not looking for an arguement you may want to re-evaluate how you communicate with us.

Nobody here is trying to argue anything we are only sharing the things we have learned through combined years of experience and research. You have an opportunity to question people here like Mordy and many others who have spent a long time comparing dog foods and understanding canine digestion. Take it or leave it.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
We seem to be veering away from the original topic!

No, I haven't tried the Iams sauce, nor have I seen it for sale over here, nor would I buy it If I could find it! :) (Not disrepecting or trying to upset anyone!!)

I refuse to get drawn in to an argument that won't be resolved, You may be asking yourself why I bothered to post at all then, I just thought I bring everyone back from the Brink! :) Or it could escalate to Handbag at dawn duels!

Agility23

Saje said:
Please do not call the people here names. There is no tolerance for that. The people on this website have done a lot of research on dog food. Not from self-promoting websites.

I also know what goes into dog food. By-products are not organs, tissues, bones and muscle meat. Those are all excellent food for dogs and are also considered to be human quality. I've bought soup bones, hearts, liver, kidney and all kinds of things from my grocery store that are human quality and for my dogs. By-products are the things that aren't fit for human consumption. The pussy parts of meat that are cut off and tumours.

BagelDog, your tone is very argumentative and if you are not looking for an arguement you may want to re-evaluate how you communicate with us.

Nobody here is trying to argue anything we are only sharing the things we have learned through combined years of experience and research. You have an opportunity to question people here like Mordy and many others who have spent a long time comparing dog foods and understanding canine digestion. Take it or leave it.

The only research you have done is read websites wow that tells you alot.

I have seen the food going into iams it is very good stuff there no argument to it

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Agility you didn't see what went into the cows and such before they were cut up did you? I buried my best friend..the best dog i ever knew when he died becuase of cancer at 7 yrs old..a big healthy strong looking dog with tumours in his throat and lungs..the vet said it was a rare form of cancer for a dog. I filled his bowl with purina everyday and gave him a rawhide right after. I feel like i handed him a pack of cigs and a cigar for dessert. I will not ever make this mistake again. These people here are a great source of info for me for i was absolutely clueless.
If you disagree, you are certainly intitled to your opinion, but you could gain a little class and clean up the way you communicate. i am grateful that Mordy has taken the time to teach me about the nutrition i want going into Victor...i value his and Saje's adivice highly. I hope that your dogs do not suffer the way my Bronki did. I for one am going to study whole heartedly what i put in my Victor so we can have a LONG time together and not lose him when he should be in his prime.
There are many ways to disagree with some tact..for one..you could thank someone for taking the time to answer your posts..say you disagree, but will keep your mind open in the future. The last part would be a good thing for you to do.

Members online

No members online now.