Hi! Wanted to share my pet paintings (pics)

milo

Labrador lover!!!!!
great!

hi there welcome to chazhound i like your pics of your dogs and I like the way you have painted them. I have tried to draw my dog he's a black lab cross retriver and i think its really hard but you might think its really easy. Any way i hope you enjoy your time chatting to us pups and dogs!!!!!!!! :D :D

Hi everyone!

I finally got the painting finished. I ended up changing the backround - at the customer's request (he wanted just the simple neutral tone backround) - and here it is:
"Wrinkles & Boo Halloween" 20"x24" Oil on canvas

A close up of Wrinkles: (sorry for the out of focus photo)

And a close up of Boo:

While I was working on this painting - I finished another Bulldog painting:
"Charlie" Oil on canvas board 14x20"

I'm also about 25% done on the (Irish setter) painting of Casey. And I will be able to post pics in a day or two.

Hope you all enjoyed looking.
Monika

For More Photos Click Here

Thank You! Dr. Ratnoff saw his finished painting for the very first time last night. He was very pleased and is going to hang it in his office. I'm working on the frame today and will be delivering it on Friday evening to him personally.

Monika

Thanks!

Here is where I am at with the painting of the Irish Setter, Casey.

A close -up of her:

I'm beginning on the full body portion tommorrow.

Cheers.
Monika

Thanks Renee! ;)

Hi again,

I finished Casey's portrait today. My pictures aren't the best today - I think my hand shook while taking the photos. (Note to self - get a tripod )

And one close up of the upper portion:

Hope everyone has a super Monday.
Monika

MEG126

it's so amazing to see how your paintings start and all the different stages before it becomes a finish product. thanks for sharing all this with us! :)

Update

I have a sad update: Casey passed away on 7/2. Even though her owners knew her time was short (she had cancer), it still came as a shock. I'm saddened too. She was such a sweet dog. My only regret - I was not able to deliver the painting before she passed away. So, I will hang the painting on my wall while her owner grieves - then I will deliver it when she is ready.

I finished a new painting this week - a bulldog puppy portrait.

And a close up:

Take care,
Monika

Visit my website for more paintings
Pet Portraits

I am sure Casey is in a great place now... at least you created something that can remind them of the wonderful memories.

Nice bulldog pic! You really captured the expression :)

Ajax

Thanks so much for sharing these. They are wonderful, and I love how you captured the individual character of each dog. This shows, to me, not only gifted art talent but a sensitivity toward the animals. My sympathy to Casey's folks. They will treasure your painting.

Casey's people are going to cherish your painting. The expression you've caught is beautiful; gentle, loving, trusting, curious, with a glint of humor in the eye and a deeper look of calm wisdom and contentment. What a wonderful memorial you've created.

I

Ilio

You guys are amazing! You have wonderful artwork and I can't wait to see more. Update us on your paintings!
LilyRose

Kagome100

I love my boy friend
LOVE THEM.... I really love the kiba one. YOu know what the name Kiba is off of Wolf's Rain. In Japanese it means Fang. I named my Milk snake Kiba. But still love the pics....

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
Wow, your paintings are wonderful. I would really like to have a portrait done of my two dogs. I just might get one of you to paint one for me. They are really great paintings.

Thanks! It's been awhile since I've posted photos. My thread was moved and I had no clue as to where it went. But now I've found it again.

Here is my neighbor's dog, who we thought was a Cairn Terrier - but a few friends of mine were quick to point out he is a West Highland Terrier - a Westie. He was from the pound and they mislabeled him.

And here is yet another bulldog commissioned painting. Harley, 11"x14" Oil on Gessoboard.

Also, did a large (20"x28") animal abstract just for fun. 'Fish I', Oil on canvas.

The inspiration for this painting is a fish called scarus vetula - or the Queen Parrotfish. It is found off the coast near where I live. They are strikingly beautiful with their bright colors and distinct markings.

I'm currently working on a new commission of a man and his puppy together. Hope to post it in a week or two.

Wow! Great artwork! The bulldog looks so realistic.

We created this Forum called Dog and Pet Art so everyone can find them easier.

Chazhound

Staff online

Members online